Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,804 members, 7,841,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

See How This 9 Year Old Boy Got Scholarship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See How This 9 Year Old Boy Got Scholarship (402 Views)

18-Year-Old Boy Suspended After Proposing To His Teen Girlfriend In School In SA / 9-Year-Old Cobbler Gets Sponsorship - Photos / Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See How This 9 Year Old Boy Got Scholarship by Stoja: 10:43am On Jul 13, 2015
See Photo: http://getlistednigeria.com/?p=25276

This image of a 9-year-old Filipino boy attempting to do homework in the street, under the dim light of a nearby McDonald’s, has prompted an international outpouring of donations.

“We’re overjoyed,” said his stunned mother Christina Espinosa, a grocery store worker who makes less than $2 a day. “I don’t know what I will do with all of these blessings.”

The photo of the diligent student, Daniel Cabrera, went viral shortly after a passerby posted an image of him on Facebook last moth. The image was shared nearly 7,000 times. The family had received schoolbooks, clothing, a reading lamp and a college scholarship fund.

Espinosa described her son as “studious” and determined to obtain an advanced degree.

“He would insist on going to school even without his lunch money because I have no money to give,” Espinosa said.

Joyce Torrefranca, the young woman who posted the photo, is touched that her simple photo made such a difference.
Re: See How This 9 Year Old Boy Got Scholarship by Realtol(m): 10:51am On Jul 13, 2015
That is a kind of picture that needs to be put on internet and not who wore it better between one actress and another. I'm so happy for the young lad
Re: See How This 9 Year Old Boy Got Scholarship by Stoja: 10:54am On Jul 13, 2015
Realtol:
That is a kind of picture that needs to be put on internet and not who wore it better between one actress and another. I'm so happy for the young lad

Good talk!

(1) (Reply)

NDU Post Ume Begins On The 21st Of July 2015 / We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG / Pls Help Me With Basic Explanation Of This Question.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.