Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Urgent: I Need Help With My Blog's Comment Section!!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Urgent: I Need Help With My Blog's Comment Section!!! (616 Views)

My Blogger Blog Comment Tab Is Missing / Do You Need A Blog? Comment If You Need One For Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent: I Need Help With My Blog's Comment Section!!! by ojiugomma: 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hello everyone
I hope you are all doing great. I started a blog and I've been getting all sorts of crazy comments that have absolutely nothing to do with my articles. One of the comments suggested that they might be some kind of mix up with some other blogs but my programming knowledge is limited.

Here's the link: http://www.convoswithcassandra.com/

Thank you in advnce for your assistance.
Re: Urgent: I Need Help With My Blog's Comment Section!!! by bizfirst: 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
ojiugomma:
Hello everyone
I hope you are all doing great. I started a blog and I've been getting all sorts of crazy comments that have absolutely nothing to do with my articles. One of the comments suggested that they might be some kind of mix up with some other blogs but my programming knowledge is limited.

Here's the link: http://www.convoswithcassandra.com/

Thank you in advnce for your assistance.

SPAM Bots are having a swell time on your blog, Ojiugomma. Kindly install an impressive anti comment spam plugin like AKISMET and be sure to manually moderate comments.

Further, you may limit comments on posts older than 6 months. If all these fail, then install some simple CAPTCHA plugin or use Google's own ReCAPTCHA.

As for the off point spammy comments, the earlier you trash them, the better. Your credibility and ranking is going to be seriously harmed if you keep such meaningless 'comments' hanging in their thousands on each post of yours.

All the best!
Re: Urgent: I Need Help With My Blog's Comment Section!!! by ITbomb(m): 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
Get the Akismet (?) widget and install to control the spam.

I hope it is a self hosted blog
Re: Urgent: I Need Help With My Blog's Comment Section!!! by ojiugomma: 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
Thanx guys. I really appreciate it. I'll keep you posted
Re: Urgent: I Need Help With My Blog's Comment Section!!! by bedfordng(m): 11:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
add a captcha verification on your comment section.there are lots of spambot plugins for wp

(1) (Reply)

Learn Photoshop From Scratch And Start Making Money As A Graphic Designer / Spectranet 4glite Promo Device In Ibadan. / What Is The Meaning Of This Code And Its Uses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.