Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Wait No Longer - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Wait No Longer (427 Views)

The Wait Is Over O!!! Thank God! / Wait, A Lion Was Spotted In Ikorodu, Lagos Yesterday? (photo) / But Wait...why Do Men Love Looking At Female Backside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wait No Longer by mindsetshift: 12:17am On Jul 14, 2015
Success belongs to that person that understands how to do. I mean that person that knows how to take the bull by the horn without wasting anytime at all. That person that understands how to do what should be done and is ready to do it NOW. That person who does not put things off in the name of NEXT TIME. Because from my own findings I have discovered that there is nothing that keeps a person down at a spot than “I will do it tomorrow or the next day.” It is called procrastination. Procrastination drains our ability to succeed. Because it keeps us from doing what needs to be done, when it is supposed to be done. A wise man said “procrastination is a thief of time.” And this is very true. Procrastination stole the time of many parents. It stole the time of many people who are roaming our streets and path ways, begging for alms. And it is still stealing the time of so many young people today.
When I look around and see old men who are engaged in things like truck pushing, Motor cycle riding (Okada) or who act as gate men and other hard and tedious jobs, I always ask myself; why are they doing this now? Is it because they were once well-to-do but situation turned around and things became bad or is it because they fail to do what they are supposed to do at a particular point when they were in their young age? Are they into this because their parents were not able to train them in something better? Or is it because they lost TIME to PROCRASTINATION? These questions most times push me into action because one thing I dread so much as a person is living a sympathetic life when I will be in my 60s or 70s.
One day I was invited by a church in Lagos for their thanksgiving service. I got to the church late because I had another engagement somewhere else. So when I got to the venue, I stood outside not wanting to draw attention because I have been to the church about two times or more (I can’t remember now) as a guest speaker. As I was outside waiting for one of the Usher to get me somewhere to sit at the back. Something that brought tears to eyes happen. One old man who would be either in his late 60s or early 70s walked up to me and greeted me. I responded with a broad smile. He said, “my son I know that you don’t know me.” I was quiet and still smiling because someone who is in what I call “speaking business” can never know all those that know him or her. He continued, “my son do you know that at my age I practice those things you taught us when you came here the last time. They are what I am putting into practice now and they are helping me. I wish I had known them when I was younger, I would have been greater than what I am now.” All the while I was smiling but after the last line of his words, smile was drain off my lips. Because something pierced my heart and fear gripped me. Fear gripped me because one thing that is hunting many old people today is what they could have done when they were young that they didn’t do. Not because there were no opportunity but because something that is less importance took away their time.
Even today there are many people who crying about unemployment that knows within themselves that the reason why they are unemployed and even unemployable is bec

http://mindsetshift..com/2015/07/wait-no-longer.html

(1) (Reply)

BREAK: Twin Blasts Hit Market In Gombe / You Current Job And How Many Months Of Salary Your Company Is Oweing You / Read What Transpired Between A Female Photographer And VP Osinbajo Recently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.