Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. (5730 Views)

Fake Prophetess Exposed In Akwa Ibom As Youths Discover Charms, Fetish Items / Musings As An Agnostic Deist / Peller: 'TB Joshua, Oyakhilome Use Charms To Perform Miracles' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by johnydon22(m): 10:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

This is not completely ignorance.

For example, rain falling was attributed to gods or some spirit been behind it. But today we alk know that this spirit and gods are some forces.

And today, have some people that can stop rain or make rain. They acquire this skill from somewhere. They know what they are doing but do not have scientific explanation for it.
Actually science has a very solid explanation on that. . . Silver Iodine when administered to the cloud by seeding liberates rain, some smokes possessing similar xristics have the same reaction and this can only be done in the presence of a rain cloud. .

When science come into an event, gods and spirit are repkaced with force and energy. So to ne, this isnt about ignorance but bringing one stuff to the age of science
Meaning that the employment of the "God/spirits in explanation is just a representation of man's weakness and lack of knowledge.

The elimination of these god factors due to scientific discoveries should have taught man to look towards scientific methods (observation, study and experiment) to understand phenomenons that happen around us because i think we have developed past the age of employing the god/spirit factor when we lack knowledge...

1 Like

Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by dalaman: 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Did he mail you or called on your attention that all is set?

Do you reach him since after then?

He said he'll get in touch with me but he hasn't it's about 4 months now. I am very ready. Tell him to contact me if he is serious. Once he mentions my name I'll be notified.
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by johnydon22(m): 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Lol

Demonstration you say?

It is good when it hapoen right in your front.
Lets not shy away from this. . ."Just tell me the colour of the clothes am wearing" I believe this should be a very simple test that would convince me beyond doubt and as well be very convenient for you....am presume this should be easy for you wink

Am waiting bro smiley
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by davien(m): 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

This is not completely ignorance.
Are you sure?

For example, rain falling was attributed to gods or some spirit been behind it. But today we alk know that this spirit and gods are some forces.
@bolded....I don't recall geography ever calling atmospheric pressure,wind,humidity,etc that causes rain under certain conditions as "spirits and gods" grin

And today, have some people that can stop rain or make rain. They acquire this skill from somewhere. They know what they are doing but do not have scientific explanation for it.
Please can you list a person that is heavily documented to have done this?

When science come into an event, gods and spirit are repkaced with force and energy. So to ne, this isnt about ignorance but bringing one stuff to the age of science
But didn't you say it's "above science",how can you now bring it to science? grin
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
dalaman:

He said he'll get in touch with me but he hasn't it's about 4 months now. I am very ready. Tell him to contact me if he is serious. Once he mentions my name I'll be notified.

Haba. He could have forgotten this.

Ghostofsparta pls we need your attention here.

I will try to mail him on this
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by dalaman: 10:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Haba. He could have forgotten this.

Ghostofsparta pls we need your attention here.

I will try to mail him on this

Ok. He should come and lets do it.
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
johnydon22:
Actually science has a very solid explanation on that. . . Silver Iodine when administered to the cloud by seeding liberates rain, some smokes possessing similar xristics have the same reaction and this can only be done in the presence of a rain cloud. .
Meaning that the employment of the "God/spirits in explanation is just a representation of man's weakness and lack of knowledge.

The elimination of these god factors due to scientific discoveries should have taught man to look towards scientific methods (observation, study and experiment) to understand phenomenons that happen around us because i think we have developed past the age of employing the god/spirit factor when we lack knowledge...

I dont even know there is a scientific explanation for that already. Thanks for informing me.

And pls, is there presence in silver iodine in leaves and firesmoke? In what particular leaf can we find this element?

If I can ask, what do you think god is? An imaginary being or tangible natural element? Is the water body called Yemoja (goddess) not a natural entity?
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
dalaman:

Ok. He should come and lets do it.

Ok man
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
johnydon22:
Lets not shy away from this. . ."Just tell me the colour of the clothes am wearing" I believe this should be a very simple test that would convince me beyond doubt and as well be very convenient for you....am presume this should be easy for you wink

Am waiting bro smiley

The experience wilk be delievered in person.

Why are you scared of traveling around to gain more experience?
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
davien:
Are you sure?

@bolded....I don't recall geography ever calling atmospheric pressure,wind,humidity,etc that causes rain under certain conditions as "spirits and gods" grin

Please can you list a person that is heavily documented to have done this?
But didn't you say it's "above science",how can you now bring it to science? grin

Geography is a field in science.

Gods and spirit is a term use in spirituality and not science but they tend to explain the samething. Sango in Yoruba is the samething as Thunder. Ogun is Iron. The allegory of Ogun moulding bone is expressed in science which says calcium produces bone. These are few correlation i know.

Rain makers here are not scientist and there practise are not documented. The local herbs seller cannot explain the content they sell but that does not rule out the potency of their medicine. Yet, I have not seen anyone of them documented.

Where did I say charm is above science?
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
davien:
Are two humanists alike? If all other groups aren't free from nihilism then what exactly is your point in the first place by stating you're not a solipsist because you believe some to be nihilists?

You suggested whether I was a part of a group, and I stated I was not. I went further to clarify why I don't consider myself a part. In my second response, I try to vindicate myself of been judgement by explaining further that it is an issue prevalent with every believe group.

I will rephrase your question better so we will not be too hasty to make ourselves judge. Are two humans alike? The answer is No. From DNA configuration to blood group or facial representation. At least none is found yet.

davien:

I know it's a name-tag and it is one objectively drawn from evidence and observation..."anger of the gods" is a subjective term owed to preference of the "supernatural"

You are so quick to classify whether a thing is subjective or objective. Where you priveledged to the evidence or you were thought it was a fact back in school. I don't want go down that road now but know this, an objective observation was once subjective. I can carefully state here that "anger of the gods" was an objective term in premodial times.

davien:

Hate is inevitable as a normal social human being....we hate things to give ourselves a justification for our actions,to give ourselves limits and to distinct what we consider to be good or bad...

You just misconstrue my usage of hate in its context. Your connotation to my idealogy is really flawed here. And I am very disappointed to be honest. Hate when channeled to a bad habit so as to stop that habit is encouraged but when use for murderous intent then it is a no no. Try to understand my usage in the context, i am not perfect, but i believe you should understand the nature of hate used here.
Rather doubts should be encouraged so we can avoid digesting everything the society throws at us and go to our respective drawing board or laboratory to test the validity and efficacy of the theory or claim.

davien:

If the term church is redefined outside religious affiliations and broaden any organization would fit the term church'....maybe a group of ants could be a church with enough redefinitions grin

I believe I should use more of my apostrophes for words I believe my reader would comprehend its meaning both in context and out of context. I could has well use a mosque here, no need for redefining.

Below is a definition to better help you understand my point.

I define a church used in this context as a place where people with similar believe meet to strengthen their bonds.

1 Like

Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by davien(m): 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Geography is a field of science.
Good

Gods and spirit is a term use in spirituality and not science but they tend to explain the samething.
Didn't you say "It is supernatural when there is no explanation"....so how can something that's not an explanation be an explanation shocked grin

Sango in Yoruba is the samething as Thunder. Ogun is Iron. The allegory of Ogun moulding bone is expressed in science which says calcium produces bone. These are few correlation i know.
The difference is that these terms bring things to mind...when you see the term lightning do you attribute it to a guy in the sky throwing thunderbolts?....what of sango?

Rain makers here are not scientist and there practise are not documented.
It doesn't take a scientist to document things...Besides during harmattan season they'd be a highly dependable profession and thus we'd have lists of reliable "rain makers" in each state... grin

Where did I say charm is above science?
Not charm,supernatural....

FOLYKAZE:

Supernatural is a manifestation or event attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by davien(m): 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
leadzeal:

You suggested whether I was a part of a group, and I stated I was not. I went further to clarify why I don't consider myself a part. In my second response, I try to vindicate myself of been judgement by explaining further that it is an issue prevalent with every believe group.
okay...

I will rephrase your question better so we will not be too hasty to make ourselves judge. Are two humans alike? The answer is No. From DNA configuration to blood group or facial representation. At least none is found yet.
Fair enough

You are so quick to classify whether a thing is subjective or objective. Where you priveledged to the evidence or you were thought it was a fact back in school. I don't want go down that road now but know this, an objective observation was once subjective. I can carefully state here that "anger of the gods" was an objective term in premodial times.
How could "anger of the gods" be objective when that very term is ambiguous for anyone to insert his/her god/gods as being the one that is angry? grin

You just misconstrue my usage of hate in its context. Your connotation to my idealogy is really flawed here. And I am very disappointed to be honest. Hate when channeled to a bad habit so as to stop that habit is encouraged but when use for murderous intent then it is a no no. Try to understand my usage in the context, i am not perfect, but i believe you should understand the nature of hate used here.
Rather doubts should be encouraged so we can avoid digesting everything the society throws at us and go to our respective drawing board or laboratory to test the validity and efficacy of the theory or claim.
Please post where i said hate used in killing is good...i'll quote myself again

Hate is inevitable as a normal social human being....we hate things to give ourselves a justification for our actions,to give ourselves limits and to distinct what we consider to be good or bad...

I believe I should use more of my apostrophes for words I believe my reader would comprehend its meaning both in context and out of context. I could has well use a mosque here, not need for redifining.

Below is a definition to better help me understand my point.

I define a church used in this context as a place where people with similar believe meet to strengthen their bonds.

Okay so a rehabilitation centre is a church then... grin
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by johnydon22(m): 11:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I dont even know there is a scientific explanation for that already. Thanks for informing me.

And pls, is there presence in silver iodine in leaves and firesmoke? In what particular leaf can we find this element?
I mentioned that those plants and smokes have elements with similar effect on clouds like silver iodine

If I can ask, what do you think god is? An imaginary being or tangible natural element? Is the water body called Yemoja (goddess) not a natural entity?
I think calling water what it is which is WATER.. Water is a natural entity, its a natural occurring compound and that is what it is

When you start telling me that water is a conscious entity that needs sacrifice and is a woman, then there you go i will definitely tell you it is in your head....
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by johnydon22(m): 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

The experience wilk be delievered in person.

Why are you scared of traveling around to gain more experience?
Hahahahahahahahaha can't you just tell me that you don't know the colour of the clothe am wearing cheesy

Chai funny
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
johnydon22:
I mentioned that those plants and smokes have elements with similar effect on clouds like silver iodine
I think calling water what it is which is WATER.. Water is a natural entity, its a natural occurring compound and that is what it is

When you start telling me that water is a conscious entity that needs sacrifice and is a woman, then there you go i will definitely tell you it is in your head....

What are these elements in the composition of leaves, firesmoke and incantation that have same effect on the cloud like silver iodine? I really want to know.

In science, water is not just watet. It is H2O. But remember, not every one cares if the H is 2 or the O is based to two. Those that refer it as H2O understand what they mean more and better than I that just pick a cup and drink water from it.

Water is a conscious entity. This depend on how you define consciousness though. Sacrifice to the best I know and from what I learnt from a priest me exchange.. . . .you are really making Sacrifice to your phone. Nope? Do you know what are you sacrifing? Name it pls?

Calling a water woman is not wrong. This is anthromorphisation which is employed by every culture. Do you disagree with the law because it is depicted as a blindfolded lady? Does Lady justice carrying a scale and a sword rule out law? Does this been a goddess in egypt and greek culture rules out justice and equity?
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahahahahahaha can't you just tell me that you don't know the colour of the clothe am wearing cheesy

Chai funny

Ogbeni come over for better issue. I aint your gal which you can play guessing game with
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
davien:
okay...

Fair enough

How could "anger of the gods" be objective when that very term is ambiguous for anyone to insert his/her god/gods as being the one that is angry? grin

Please post where i said hate used in killing is good...i'll quote myself again

Okay so a rehabilitation centre is a church then... grin

Lol.. That got me cracking "rehabilitation center as a church". But you know church in the conventional sense is even a rehabilitation center. Afterall they are trying to purify sinner to be acceptable to God just like rehabilitation center is to equip a person so he can acceptable to the society.

Good point my friend.

You no still get my point as regard hate. I did not state you said kill or sth. It was just an example of the type of hate I was referring to.. Funny guy cheesy
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by davien(m): 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
leadzeal:

Lol.. That got me cracking "rehabilitation center as a church". But you know church in the conventional sense is even a rehabilitation center. Afterall they are trying to purify sinner to be acceptable to God just like rehabilitation center is to equip a person so he can acceptable to the society.

Good point my friend.

You no still get my point as regard hate. I did not state you said kill or sth. It was just an example of the type of hate I was referring to.. Funny guy cheesy
Like i said,anything can fit the definition of a church if the term is broadened or loosened and you've done just that... grin
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by johnydon22(m): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

What are these elements in the composition of leaves, firesmoke and incantation that have same effect on the cloud like silver iodine? I really want to know.
The incantation you threw in obviously stems from your own superstition of which i don't share. . .
The burnt leaves liberates the smoke which in turn acts as a reagent, reacts with the clouds and induces rain. . . I categorically cannot tell you which elements are in the smoke having not studied them before, i just mentioned it has similar effects as an industrial silver iodide.

In science, water is not just watet. It is H2O. But remember, not every one cares if the H is 2 or the O is based to two. Those that refer it as H2O understand what they mean more and better than I that just pick a cup and drink water from it.
Call is H2O or just water, it still remains that in science the compound H2O remains water so it is just water. . and definitely is the same as you picking up a water to drink, only in this case the lack of knowledge that water is in fact H2O rest with you and not the compound. . . thats what we were saying, as you lack knowledge of what water is you may tag it a deity but when scientifically studied is shown to be just the product of a reaction between Hydrogen and oxygen

Water is a conscious entity. This depend on how you define consciousness though. Sacrifice to the best I know and from what I learnt from a priest me exchange.. . . .you are really making Sacrifice to your phone. Nope? Do you know what are you sacrifing? Name it pls?
I will need you to define consciousness to me

Calling a water woman is not wrong. This is anthromorphisation which is employed by every culture. Do you disagree with the law because it is depicted as a blindfolded lady? Does Lady justice carrying a scale and a sword rule out law? Does this been a goddess in egypt and greek culture rules out justice and equity?
anthropomorphism settles it
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by johnydon22(m): 11:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Ogbeni come over for better issue. I aint your gal which you can play guessing game with
Guess game? Hahahahaha you just reduced your own spiritual ability claim to a mere guess tag. . .

easy bob, i knew you couldn't do it anyway. . . wasn't expecting you to. . just made it clear to all you know grin
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
johnydon22:
Guess game? Hahahahaha you just reduced your own spiritual ability claim to a mere guess tag. . .

easy bob, i knew you couldn't do it anyway. . . wasn't expecting you to. . just made it clear to all you know grin

Where did I telk you I have spiritua ability?

And where did I bring uo anything relating to guessing your cloth color?
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by johnydon22(m): 12:02am On Jul 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Where did I telk you I have spiritua ability?

And where did I bring uo anything relating to guessing your cloth color?
We want to test the potency of your juju naaaaa. . . . i just gave you that one as a simple task to see the effectiveness of your juju but as expected it was like shooting the wind
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:12am On Jul 15, 2015
johnydon22:
The incantation you threw in obviously stems from your own superstition of which i don't share. . .
The burnt leaves liberates the smoke which in turn acts as a reagent, reacts with the clouds and induces rain. . . I categorically cannot tell you which elements are in the smoke having not studied them before, i just mentioned it has similar effects as an industrial silver iodide.

Call is H2O or just water, it still remains that in science the compound H2O remains water so it is just water. . and definitely is the same as you picking up a water to drink, only in this case the lack of knowledge that water is in fact H2O rest with you and not the compound. . . thats what we were saying, as you lack knowledge of what water is you may tag it a deity but when scientifically studied is shown to be just the product of a reaction between Hydrogen and oxygen
I will need you to define consciousness to me
anthropomorphism settles it

Incantation has value even in science. We the power of sound energy. In this case, we have to understand there is a pattern for it usage. Sound energy can never be rule out.

Are there leave that contain silver iodine?

If water is the same thing as H2O, Olokun is the samething as salty water while Osun is the samething as fresh water.

Consciousness is simply awareness and reaction.

Anthromorpism doesnt settle anything. You have a problem with water been refer to as woman but settling it when I brought in the case Lady Justice which represent law. Do you know that Lady justice is been worship and sacrifice been made to in the ancient time and in this modern time, she took every public places and books.i have not seen any atheist who would claim to me that lady justice doesnt exist. I always see one when going to wotk every day. The goddess exist
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:14am On Jul 15, 2015
johnydon22:
We want to test the potency of your juju naaaaa. . . . i just gave you that one as a simple task to see the effectiveness of your juju but as expected it was like shooting the wind

My juju? Did I tell you I have one?

If you want to test charn, pls come down to the west.

I am doen with your online bragging. Come out from where you hiding and lets play this out.

I am done with this anyway
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by dalaman: 12:41am On Jul 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

My juju? Did I tell you I have one?

If you want to test charn, pls come down to the west.

I am doen with your online bragging. Come out from where you hiding and lets play this out.

I am done with this anyway

It's simple. You can test the effectiveness of any juju without him coming to you. You can set a test and use juju to provide the answer. A simple test that is indisputable. If the juju gets it right then we will all know that it's true and doubters like us will then acknowledged and shut up forever. A simple test can be carried out if you agree without him going anywhere.
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:02am On Jul 15, 2015
dalaman:

It's simple. You can test the effectiveness of any juju without him coming to you. You can set a test and use juju to provide the answer. A simple test that is indisputable. If the juju gets it right then we will all know that it's true and doubters like us will then acknowledged and shut up forever. A simple test can be carried out if you agree without him going anywhere.

This always make you guys sound not serious.

Firstly, where did I say I have a juju?

Secondly, where did I tell you guys that the particular juju I have (I cant remember telling you guys I have juju) can see person who is 100 of kilometers away?

Thirdly, can you show me where potency of an object is displayed without a spectator on ground?

The way you guys going round hiding behind the internet makes you look like a kid. Come out boldly and tell us you are scared rather than bragging intelligence while all I see is cowardice.

Charm works fine. That is all I can say. You either take it or leave. And if you in doubt and want to check things out for yourself, kindly come out.

I think I have made myself clear here
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by trilobite: 8:34am On Jul 15, 2015
Look, I used to doubt the authenticity of such claims until I met a Nigerian seargeant who fought Niger delta militants. He said the Shit is real. They would shoot their bullets would bounce.
Hand to hand combat was futile too because knives kept bouncing. His body hug kept his intestines in check if he would joined his mates in the great beyond.
Even though we should not believe every thing we hear, its safe to pay attention.

JUJU IS REAL!!!!
Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by kolajamesjnr(m): 10:47am On Jul 15, 2015
trilobite:
Look, I used to doubt the authenticity of such claims until I met a Nigerian seargeant who fought Niger delta militants. He said the Shit is real. They would shoot their bullets would bounce.
Hand to hand combat was futile too because knives kept bouncing. His body hug kept his intestines in check if he would joined his mates in the great beyond.
Even though we should not believe every thing we hear, its safe to pay attention.

JUJU IS REAL!!!!
Another delusionist grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charms As Defense Against Gunfire, An Agnostic Viewpoint. by dalaman: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

This always make you guys sound not serious.

Firstly, where did I say I have a juju?

Secondly, where did I tell you guys that the particular juju I have (I cant remember telling you guys I have juju) can see person who is 100 of kilometers away?

Thirdly, can you show me where potency of an object is displayed without a spectator on ground?

The way you guys going round hiding behind the internet makes you look like a kid. Come out boldly and tell us you are scared rather than bragging intelligence while all I see is cowardice.

Charm works fine. That is all I can say. You either take it or leave. And if you in doubt and want to check things out for yourself, kindly come out.

I think I have made myself clear here

You've stated this many times. You said charms work. Your man made a claim the other time. I gave the two of you a simple task but you failed(both of you refused to accept it). Why should I take you seriously? If charms work we can do a simple test to test their potency in such a way that can never be disputed. No need splitting hairs over it.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Principles Of Exchange, Your Channel For Wealth / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman / Why Are You A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.