Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden (1472 Views)

Christmas Timeline Of The Biblical Account / Why You Should Accept The Biblical Account Of Jesus And His Wonderful Works / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by imustsaymymindo: 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
Good afternoon friends. I have some questions that have been on my mind about the biblical account of the garden of Eden. I would love people who can answer these questions to please give me some enlightenment. These questions are not to counter or fault any religion but for more enlightenment.
(1). God advised Adam and Eve not to eat out of the forbidden fruit wanting them to be ignorant of both good and bad. Why is this so?
(2). When Adam and Eve did not obey God's instructions, he sent them out of the garden because they weren't considered deem fit with the new knowledge they have. Why would the devil who has the knowledge prior to the sin be allowed in the garden that isn't deem fit for people who has the knowledge of good and evil?
(3). God cursed both the man, woman and the snake only as recorded in the good book. How come other animals suffer from these curses too like death, tilling of the soil, pain during childbirth etc?
(4). When we get born again, is this knowledge acquired from the tree completely erased or we just get to know how to filter the good knowledge from the bad knowledge? If so, why did God want us to be ignorant of the good knowledge?
(5). Jesus Christ is known as the second Adam who has no sin and paved way for us to have eternal life and to be free from the curses of Eden. If this knowledge we acquire from the garden still stays with us, Why should we be considered deem fit for heaven when originally that same knowledge sent us out of the garden?
Thank you very much as I patiently await your replies.
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by ASHTAROTH: 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
come to the light son, and we will show you the way
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by imustsaymymindo: 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
ASHTAROTH:
come to the light son, and we will show you the way
You mean the light like illuminati?
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by tuscani: 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
come up hither rev. 11:12

1 Like

Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by Scholar8200(m): 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
Good afternoon friends. I have some questions that have been on my mind about the biblical account of the garden of Eden. I would love people who can answer these questions to please give me some enlightenment. These questions are not to counter or fault any religion but for more enlightenment.
(1). God advised Adam and Eve not to eat out of the forbidden fruit wanting them to be ignorant of both good and bad. Why is this so?
(2). When Adam and Eve did not obey God's instructions, he sent them out of the garden because they weren't considered deem fit with the new knowledge they have. Why would the devil who has the knowledge prior to the sin be allowed in the garden that isn't deem fit for people who has the knowledge of good and evil?
(3). God cursed both the man, woman and the snake only as recorded in the good book. How come other animals suffer from these curses too like death, tilling of the soil, pain during childbirth etc?
(4). When we get born again, is this knowledge acquired from the tree completely erased or we just get to know how to filter the good knowledge from the bad knowledge? If so, why did God want us to be ignorant of the good knowledge?
(5). Jesus Christ is known as the second Adam who has no sin and paved way for us to have eternal life and to be free from the curses of Eden. If this knowledge we acquire from the garden still stays with us, Why should we be considered deem fit for heaven when originally that same knowledge sent us out of the garden?
Thanks for your interest but do you have any experience as regards the highlighted? The answers to your question is not far fetched but the Bible is a different Book. Without the revelation of God's Spirit, even Jesus will be called John the baptist! Scorners may scorn but this is the fact! { eg man became evil not because he got the knowledge but simply because he was severed from God, besides, the knowledge of good and evil did not make him like God Who knows the thoughts and intentions; rather man became a judge/blind critic of his fellow man. Jesus Christ reconciles us to God when we believe on Him etc Apart from the curse, man lost his dominion ,over all creation, to the devil... }, I can go on but kindly answer my first question.
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by haffaze777(m): 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
imustsaymymindo:
how dare u query god & holy spirit,u wanna enter hell water?
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
That No 2 question is creative.....

Meanwhile, the fruit that Adam and Eve ate, did they give to animals too? Cos animals also kill de have sex too
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by imustsaymymindo: 11:02am On Jul 15, 2015
tuscani:
come up hither rev. 11:12
Rev 11:12(NIRV): Then the two witnesses heard a loud voice from heaven. It said to them, "Come up here". They went up to heaven in a cloud. Their enemies watched it happen.
I don't get the relationship with the bible verse and the question despite reading the whole chapter of Revelation 11.
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by imustsaymymindo: 11:13am On Jul 15, 2015
Scholar8200:

Thank you so much for your reply. Regarding your question, I have once answered an altar call and gave my life to Christ and I believe I'm born again. Although, I must say I haven't been living righteously but I take time to study my bible. It was while studying, these questions came to my mind.
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by imustsaymymindo: 11:15am On Jul 15, 2015
haffaze777:

how dare u query god & holy spirit,u wanna enter hell water?
I'm not querying God and the Holy Spirit. I just want more enlightment.
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by imustsaymymindo: 11:16am On Jul 15, 2015
sleektalker:
That No 2 question is creative.....

Meanwhile, the fruit that Adam and Eve ate, did they give to animals too? Cos animals also kill de have sex too
I guess we are thinking in the same direction.
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by haffaze777(m): 11:29am On Jul 15, 2015
imustsaymymindo:
I'm not querying God and the Holy Spirit. I just want more enlightment.
don't ask bro just believe
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by imustsaymymindo: 11:47am On Jul 15, 2015
haffaze777:
don't ask bro just believe
Okay bro!
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by Scholar8200(m): 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
imustsaymymindo:
To start with, what benefits have we enjoyed therefrom but to be critics of each other to the point of murder? Especially when the tempter did not tell Eve that God's knowledge of good and evil commences with knowledge of what's in the heart and not the sight of the eyes? God's purpose for man was an assessment of issues from His viewpoint in union with Him! Not an innate but flawed ability apart from Him.

The purpose for sending them out of the Garden is different from the alleged (highlighted). This was the reason:
Genesis 3:22b,23a
and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23 therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden,
God's desire to have man redeemed informed that severe but necessary action otherwise, redemption would not be possible.

Remember that Adam was to have dominion over all creation. But after the fall, sin and death came in and man became a servant of both (Romans 7:14, Romans 5:12) Adam lost this and brought death on all that were under his dominion:

Romans 5:12
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Romans 8:20,21
20 Against its will, all creation was subjected to God’s curse. But with eager hope, 21 the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God’s children in glorious freedom from death and decay.

As per the highlighted, the Divine action was in line with God's order established at creation.

Adam was not morally perfect before God (before he fell) by good knowledge; he was perfect by his Union with God. Being born again is being reconciled with God.
Adam lost Life when he was severed from God. Life is restored at salvation. However, there is need to press on in prayer and consecration that there might be a full realisation in us of the crucifixion of the old man (the flesh: being the focus of the struggle in Romans 7 and the victory over which is shown in Romans cool . The transformation that comes with being born again is by the power of the Holy Spirit and not a mental new year resolution that we strive to keep; yes the Spirit brings the Word to our remembrance but also give us power to do it.

I believe the reply to no 2 clarifies this.
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by imustsaymymindo: 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
Scholar8200:

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your answers but I'm a bit confused with the answer to the second question. My bible reads: Gen 3: 22-23: It says, " The Lord God said, "The man has become like one of us. He can now tell the difference between good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and pick fruit from the tree of life and eat it. If he does, he will live forever." So the Lord God drove the man out of the Garden of Eden to work the ground he had been made out of." (NIRV). The reason he drove them out here is because of their knowledge and for them not to eat out of the tree of life that would make them live forever. Instead God sent them out so those curses could prevail. And according to verse 22a God said, "The man has become one of US". what does that statement mean please? Thanks!
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by Scholar8200(m): 5:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
[quote author=imustsaymymindo post=35896047][/quote]
God did not say Man has become ONE OF US! Rather HE said man has become LIKE US and the attribute concerned was specified. (though in a most remote sense because unlike God, man does not see the heart and is limited to yesterday).

Besides, the major reason why man was excused is:

Genesis 3:22,23

22 Then the Lord God said, “Look, the human beings have become [b]like us, knowing both good and evil[/b]. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!” 23 So the Lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made.
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by imustsaymymindo: 5:42pm On Jul 15, 2015
Scholar8200:

God did not say Man has become ONE OF US! Rather HE said man has become LIKE US and the attribute concerned was specified. (though in a most remote sense because unlike God, man does not see the heart and is limited to yesterday).

Besides, the major reason why man was excused is:

Genesis 3:22,23

22 Then the Lord God said, “Look, the human beings have become [b]like us, knowing both good and evil[/b]. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!” 23 So the Lord God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made.
Thank you for the answers. I have a better understanding now.
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by Scholar8200(m): 5:42pm On Jul 15, 2015
imustsaymymindo:

Thank you for the answers. I have a better understanding now.
All Thanks to God ! Thanks for your time.
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
imustsaymymindo:
I guess we are thinking in the same direction.
A lot of questions, but they tell us you can't question God... Am marvelled
Re: Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden by imustsaymymindo: 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
sleektalker:

A lot of questions, but they tell us you can't question God... Am marvelled
We can find answers to our questions not necessarily questioning his authority though.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/09/15 / Breaking News....is This The Rapture ? / Science And Religion: Reconcilable Differences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.