Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,626 members, 7,840,494 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Stephanie Okereke's New Flick - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Stephanie Okereke's New Flick (780 Views)

Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' / OJUJU - A New Flick From C.J 'Fiery' Obasi / Stephanie Okereke's New American Movie "through The Glass" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephanie Okereke's New Flick by proudly9ja(m): 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2009
Ok, I must admit that Im not a fan of Naija's 'Nollywood'. Over the years though, I have come to asociate some Naija directors with quality. People like Tunde Kelani (of Mainframe productions) and Tade Ogidan (madam dearest fame) hae really impressed me and I go out of my way sometimes to see their movies especially mainframe (Ti Oluwa Ni ile, Thunderbolt, etc), some of which you can watch on www.aworantv.com or even youtube.

However, today, I saw a preview of one I think will change the face of the industry. Its directed by Stephanie Okereke. Someone I must be honest, I have never liked as an actress and Ive always classed as 'one of them'.
The preview is on http://www.nextpageproductions.com/. I think you all should see it and comment on what you think. Though its just a preview and the movie itself could be a disaster (Ive not seen it so I can't judge) but the story line, the quality of the flick has seriously blown me away.

The website has it that she's been to the new york film school. That goes to show how making an effort to improve yourself could go a long way. Like veteran, Taiwo Ajayi Lycette was trying to say sometime ago, ''if you say we have talented actors and actresses, imagine how great they can be if only they take alittle time to improve themselves''.

I really hope the others in the industry follow her cue.
Re: Stephanie Okereke's New Flick by busygirl(f): 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2009
that looks sick and funny cheesy cheesy i really wanna see the movie. i'm impressed wink
Re: Stephanie Okereke's New Flick by Afam4eva(m): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2009
Yeah, she was at the New york film school for over one year.
Re: Stephanie Okereke's New Flick by AfroCynic: 12:13am On Mar 10, 2009
Blah, until she drops that foolish American accent she insist on using, I will not rate her. I must say that I salute her dedication to the craft going to acting school and stepping up chops, that is a good look, maybe it'll help other actors take the profession more seriously.
Re: Stephanie Okereke's New Flick by Nnenna1(f): 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2009
Why do people think she fakes her accent? I've seen her in several movies and she speaks just like that.
Re: Stephanie Okereke's New Flick by AloyEmeka9: 3:37am On Mar 11, 2009
Old movie and a good one though. Still not in the same league as Tchidi Chikere or Teco Benson.

(1) (Reply)

Wipe Out / I'm A Celebrity: Get Me Out Of Here! / Has Hitv Lost Spanish La Liga For Next Season 2009/10? / Where Can I Buy Old 9ja Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.