Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Secret Of Excellence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Secret Of Excellence (376 Views)

Wike, Ikpeazu Bag Award Of Excellence / Nigerians You Need To Read This : The Secret Of MMM Nigeria Has Been Revealed / Pursuit Of Excellence In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Secret Of Excellence by manydgreat(m): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2015
Learn to do it by doing it.

A child learns unknowingly to speak by speaking.
A footballer learns to play by playing.

What do you want to be or do? You can learn to do it by doing it.

continuity births authenticity.
practices makes perfect.
repetition brings retention.

I recall the first time i step on the podium to teach a crowd of 200 and; being a shy person, i almost drop dead but because i had secretly & unknowingly learned to do it by doing it, it wasn't a challenge. Althrough i didnt had it all perfect but it was a great start i tell you.

*Avoid perfectionism.

Also i remember waking up from my sleep and was called upon to be an MC in an occassion. I have never done that before but it was great so they said.

What am i saying;
wanna be a writer? start writing. ( I write alot that people wonder what am writing. Some out of curiosity burst out and ask)
Wanna be a singer? Start singing.
Wanna be a cook? Learn to cook by cooking at home.
Do it for fun, make it an hobby, start locally, it could be secretly or unknowingly.
Ask others for their opinion, suggestions, advice. Read a book, check online- get feedback.
Very soon you will go openly and internationally.
The same energy and time you use in learning bad habits, you could learn the good ones that will better yourself and the society at large.

This is what i know; you become a professional in a particular thing by doing it continually 10,000 times.

"It is not what we do in a while that counts, but our habitual actions" Anthony Robbins.

*Make it an habit.

To your success
David Uwak

www.facebook.com/padnig
Re: Secret Of Excellence by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 15, 2015
undecided

(1) (Reply)

ISIS Blows Up A Booby-trapped Baby While Teaching Militants How To Use Explosive / This Is The Real Era Of Change / Anybody Ready For The Imei Twerking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.