Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

An Initiative To Fight Against Abortion In Nigeria. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Initiative To Fight Against Abortion In Nigeria. (610 Views)

Married Mother Of 8 Dies From Abortion Complications, Boyfriend Impregnated Her / Help...i Am Finished!contemplating Abortion At Five Months / I Gave My Wife Money For Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Initiative To Fight Against Abortion In Nigeria. by RichardWhite(m): 10:45am On Jul 15, 2015
I have come across a lot of news where we see young girls fall victims of unwanted pregnancy and in some cases they are forced to take decisions of aborting the pregnancy or the most painful is were they carry the pregnancy for 9 months, give birth to the baby and then abandon the baby somewhere or kill the baby. The situation is very saddening but if we look deeply at such painful act, something we can't imagine must have led to such act.

My initiative will be fouced on spreading a strong awareness on the need of safe sex and if possible how the young youths can stand strong to avoid sex and also avoid unwanted pregnancy. I also want to use this initiative to support the single mums around Nigeria who are victims of unwanted pregnancy especially those who found themselves in this situation from rape or peer pressure.

I believe this great initiative will go a long way in making an impact in the lives of our today's youth as well as generations yet unborn.

Please click LIKE if you believe this initiative will go a long way and SHARE if you are in support of this initiative.

Thanks to you all and I look forward to this write manifest itself into a reality.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: An Initiative To Fight Against Abortion In Nigeria. by kukuruku156(f): 10:47am On Jul 15, 2015
Nice, but how do you intend to go about it?
Re: An Initiative To Fight Against Abortion In Nigeria. by kossyablaze(m): 10:49am On Jul 15, 2015
There are basis abortion is allowed...to me,it should be legalised to save us from all this stress

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Initiative To Fight Against Abortion In Nigeria. by RichardWhite(m): 10:55am On Jul 15, 2015
kukuruku156:
Nice, but how do you intend to go about it?

I am writing a small book/guide in which I will elaborate properly on the need for the young teenagers to abstain from sex until marriage. Draw high light on the much benefit of abstaining from sex until marriage and throw highlight of the dangers of unwanted pregnancy.

Then I will use this book as a campaign by sharing it in schools, churches and hopefully the poor societies were this issues are common.

I will also from time to time bring together single mums for events were we will show support to them and also build up their confidence to encourage them that they can still have a comfortable life and also still find love and happiness.
Re: An Initiative To Fight Against Abortion In Nigeria. by RichardWhite(m): 10:58am On Jul 15, 2015
kossyablaze:
There are basis abortion is allowed...to me,it should be legalised to save us from all this stress

Yes I agree with you but we also need to set some kind of fear for unwanted pregnancy in our society because some young people seem not to care about this. They just throw themselves to unprotected sex because they are very confident that abortion is always an option.
Re: An Initiative To Fight Against Abortion In Nigeria. by kossyablaze(m): 11:02am On Jul 15, 2015
RichardWhite:

Yes I agree with you but we also need to set some kind of fear for unwanted pregnancy in our society because some young people seem not to care about this. They just throw themselves to unprotected sex because they are very confident that abortion is always an option.
TRUE!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Initiative To Fight Against Abortion In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 15, 2015
You need to assess this initiative on the basis of the following. Not my idea though but I have had experience in Fund raising for various causes in the past.

1: Short-term effectiveness
2: Long-term efficiency
3: Sufficient Coverage for Target audience (youths, the poor)

You need to come up with a (self) sustainable plan to execute this initiative such that it thrives and does not die for some of numerous reasons.

My advice is to look at available models addressing the theme abortion and learn from their to help your own initiative.
Re: An Initiative To Fight Against Abortion In Nigeria. by RichardWhite(m): 11:18am On Jul 15, 2015
voltron:
You need to assess this initiative on the basis of the following. Not my idea though but I have had experience in Fund raising for various causes in the past.

1: Short-term effectiveness
2: Long-term efficiency
3: Sufficient Coverage for Target audience (youths, the poor)

You need to come up with a (self) sustainable plan to execute this initiative such that it thrives and does not die for some of numerous reasons.

My advice is to look at available models addressing the theme abortion and learn from their to help your own initiative.

Thanks I like your advice. I have taken proper note of that sir. God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Five Diet Mistakes Mums Make And How To Fix It. / T / Russian Wife Beats, Smother And Humiliates Husband In Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.