Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? (698 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Umuchoke(m): 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
Despite our religion/tribal differences, Nigerians still intermarry for the sake of love. So this thread is mainly for young men who are tired of being bachelors (like me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ) but are scared of THE LONG LIST grin (Igbo Kwenu!!!). Although, most people don't know is that the LIST they give you in the Southeast is very, very negotiable - it's not compulsory you buy every item on it, unless you wish to. The only thing you can't negotiate is the BRIDE PRICE, which is ridiculously cheap.
For instance, in my place, Umuchoke, Imo State, the bride price is just N1,150 only. Please tell us yours.
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
I am from Akwa Ibom State. My husband was asked to pay anything . No amount was specified. But his people asked around and decided to pay 100 k to my dad and 80 k to my mum... #silly culture of you ask me. No man will pay a dime to marry my daughter... Not when I am alive.
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by enoqueen: 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
From Edo state, and its #25 last grin grin

Easy to refund incase of any fuckup.
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
20 naira,here in my side in edo state,thou the initial amount is up to a million naira,when you bring the money,they will only collect 20 naira out of it,then instruct you to use the rest to take care of your wife
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
10 cowries. grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? by Umuchoke(m): 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
Please, follow the main thread here. Thanks
https://www.nairaland.com/2453458/what-bride-price-own-hometown

(1) (Reply)

Who Still Remember This? / Judge Orders Man To Marry Girlfriend Or Face Jail Time / A Piece Of Advice If You Have A Hypertensive Dad, Mum Or Relatives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.