Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy (45663 Views)

Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy / Dangote Pledges To Assist FG To Turnaround Nigeria’s Economy / Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by jaylister(m): 10:48pm On Jul 15, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by ttmacoy: 10:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
Opec cutting production reduces Nigeria market share if Iran floods the market with oil as expected prices will still fall so double whammy.

grandstar:
If OPEC does its job, there will be no problem.

If member states decide to cut production to offset the increase in Iranian production, it will create an equilibrium.

Unless if Saudi Arabia refuses to cooperate so as to bankrupt US shale producers

5 Likes

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by YabaLeftist: 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
Iran has the third largest oil reserve in the world, yet the country was not nearly as developed as Dubai or Saudi Arabia. I wonder what they spend their money on.

2 Likes

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
Enough of all this propaganda, this is my Field/Discipline and I could prove the writer of this Topic wrong.

1, Nigeria produces far above 2.0 million barrels of Crude Oil daily. Why? We don't have accurate measuring system connected to our various Well Heads. Therefore, we don't get accurate readings. sad

2, The moment Production Tubing is ran and Completion finishes on a New Well. The so called Operator/Producing Company kick-start Crude Oil production even when the DPR is yet to give a green light to that effect

3, The measuring meters works like the Downstream (Fuel Filling Stations) where one could adjust the meters at will sad

4, The FPSO vessels loading and discharge Crude Oil without proper monitoring. This gives way to foul-play

5, The amount of Cubic Natural Gas being Flared daily in 2014 ALONE was estimated at $140 billion. This amount alone could make huge impact on our Economy.

6, The list is endless

Let's put our ass together, do what is right and make the system work.

If Saudi could produce 10 million barrels daily, Nigeria should be able to hit 5 million.

Iran is NEVER a threat to Nigeria. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
no comment cos BUHARI will not see this report so Que Sera Sera

Nigeria will survive it
Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
grandstar:

If member states decide to cut production to offset the increase in Iranian production, it will create an equilibrium.

Unless if Saudi Arabia refuses to cooperate so as to bankrupt US shale producers

Spoken well!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by grandstar(m): 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
BIGERBOY1:

Forget that shale story, do you really think that's really why Saudi Arabia is flooding the market with oil? It's to put pressure on prices and in turn Russia (and believe it or not the new kid on the block - Iran). In return the U.S. looks the other way and rearm the Saudis in their (mis)adventures in Yemen and other future targets.

How long do you think Saudi can continue with this strategy without it causing financial problems. The Iranians are also phenomenally stubborn. Putin may cave in a bit but Iran will continue arming its militants all over the world.

If the punitive sanctions did not give them sense, is it the lifting of it that will ? undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by odinese(m): 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
God pls make Nigeria's oil finish asap...can't wait...

I want kworuption to reduce in this goddamn country...

I go vex join my Biafra brothers dey coz naija if this kworupt kwontry no wan wake up!
Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by odinese(m): 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
God pls make Nigeria's oil finish asap...can't wait...

I want kworuption to reduce in this goddamn country...

I go vex join my Biafra brothers dey coz naija if this kworupt kwontry no wan wake up!..

1 Like

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by ttmacoy: 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
Smart comment. Interesting how people are starting to sound like it's going conspiracy against Nigeria. We are in this mess because we did not take advantage of the oil boom to invest in our economy and refused to diversify the economy.

We chose to steal and waste all the funds and now some people are saying Islam destroying Nigeria etc.

Yomieluv:
High time we diversified and find another means to sustain the economy..

The oil is even a curse to our people,it has encourage stealing in magnitudes,even beyond a sane comprehension..

To understand the curse of the oil,look at Dubai,and compare it to Nigeria..the comparison would blow a sane mind away.

Our leaders are wicked,in 21st century,Nigeria can boast of stable electricity,good road,or basic amenities..

I wish the oil should just disappear,so we can all go to the drawing board,and re-strategize,else we are doom..

3 Likes

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by appini: 11:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
doncaster:
That means Nigeria will still cut her production which means less in quantity to supple hence low revenue from the oil sector. Which ever way you look at it the game is about to change and the outlook is not in our favour. Something need to be done urgently. PMB should team up with Israel lobby the congress to discard the deal.

Do you think Baba West Germany will work against the interest of the Islamic republic??

Obama has said he will veto any attempt by the Congress to block this Iranian deal.

1 Like

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by qasmah(f): 11:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
Born2eatPussy:
[size=20pt]BUHARI[/size]is bent on destroying our once peaceful & lovely country
I told my people not to vote for Buhari but they eventually did, now they are crying like a girl having menstrual pain

[size=20pt]Let's suffer this together so that next time we go get sense[/size]
If u knew d meaning of the word suffering,I'm sure u' d never use it.Pessimists will be put to shame,Nigeria will survive for good, come what may.This is the land of my birth n we will no longer suffer,we are leaving d days of suffering behind by the grace of the almighty.

4 Likes

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by lomprico(m): 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
kekakuz:
f[size=20pt] its not new
Islamic related activities has been destroying Nigeria since the time of Usman danfodio [/size]
U dint read d post!

2 Likes

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by lonelydora: 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
grandstar:

And we all know Saudi Arabia will never cooperate. I love their style though.
Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by ttmacoy: 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
Their economy had been under severe strain strain pressure for pressure for long time now due to sanctions etc.

It remain to be seen if the lifting of t sanction will lead to solid infrastructure investment and diversification.

YabaLeftist:
Iran has the third largest oil reserve in the world, yet the country was not nearly as developed as Dubai or Saudi Arabia. I wonder what they spend their money on.
Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by chax100(f): 11:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
Buhari said he will stabilize oil price. Baba one chance how far dollar price? E good? Snail Baba, Snail Buhari... Brainless Baba Buhari!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by tsdarkside(m): 11:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
grin grin grin grin days of oil are gone.....
Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by atlwireles: 11:36pm On Jul 15, 2015
OIl prices will remain below $60 for a long time. There is nothing OPEC can do to stop this trend. Every barrel removed by OPEC will be replaced by a non OPEC producer.

3 Likes

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by rusher14: 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2015
Born2eatPussy:
[size=20pt]BUHARI[/size]is bent on destroying our once peaceful & lovely country
I told my people not to vote for Buhari but they eventually did, now they are crying like a girl having menstrual pain

Good advice.

What's that your name again?

1 Like

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by dekins: 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2015
Our success as a nation boils down to Nigeria Beyond Oil- diversifying and boosting other sectors like Agriculture, Mining (Minerals, Gemstones, Metals), Manufacturing and Services.

2 Likes

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by onyenro(m): 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2015
In T.b Joshua voice... You will drink your oyel.
The oil price will hit far south that it will be economic suicide to extract it because cost of production will be higher than market price. Hope the Greece of Nigeria i mean Osun should prepare for a tornado and all the almajiri states should start farming to get groundnut oil to serve their local economy. Crude oil is now bad market.
How on earth did we vote a president that has f9 in maths? GOD bless Ffk for showing us the result. Na one chance we enter. Even aboki dey no go school the Hoard dollar but our president no Sabi econs

2 Likes

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by tsdarkside(m): 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
very good analysis...indeed...nigeria,get your act together,or suffer much more!!! grin grin grin
Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by tsdarkside(m): 11:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
onyenro:
In T.b Joshua voice... You will drink your oyel.
The oil price will hit far south that it will be economic suicide to extract it because cost of production will be higher than market price. Hope the Greece of Nigeria i mean Osun should prepare for a tornado and all the almajiri states should start farming to get groundnut oil to serve their local economy. Crude oil is now bad market.
How on earth did we vote a president that has f9 in maths? GOD bless Ffk for showing us the result. Na one chance we enter. Even aboki dey no go school the Hoard dollar but our president no Sabi econs

it will be economic suicide to extract it....better like that....this nasty think,have only brought sadness and pain to us....goodbye oil...am not going to miss you.... angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by piagetskinner(m): 11:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
Diversify economy we no gree hear...#now oil is in so much supply,that we have to beg people to demand 4 it @ peanut price
Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by kingthreat(m): 11:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
Born2eatPussy:

So all the suffering in your family is as a resuly of Buhari?

5 Likes

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by quickly: 12:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Flets:
Very apt analysis. The only saviour will be OPEC stepping in to manage volumes in the global market.

Very dire times for Nigeria. Add bokoharam and ND militancy to the equation and it becomes more intense.

Only God can save Nigeria.

Story OPEC has no power ataall , us shale oil which is the game changer. If opec had a chance the price of oil would have trippled

Those arabs want to sell oil for at least 1000 dollars per barrel so they can use millions of dollar notes to clean there yansh.

America wants oil to be as cheap as possible to weaken Russia and arabs.

Russia supply oil to all of Europe and is arms maker and rival esp with putin while arabs use their oil to fund Islamic terrorists. Where do u think boko haram gets money from?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by madenigga(m): 12:11am On Jul 16, 2015
YabaLeftist:
They were not actually selling because of sanctions and d war on their country.
Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by 2tips: 12:20am On Jul 16, 2015
Born2eatPussy:

Don't let your anti-buhari campaign behoves you into speaking ill of your country and into a state of despair. He is your president, you have to accept that whether you like it or not. We know who you are, so we won't listen to you. What has oil production capacity in Iran got to do with your president? Let your views be related to the thread. If you can't contribute, i suggest you keep your hands in your pocket.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by YabaLeftist: 12:20am On Jul 16, 2015
madenigga:

They were not actually selling because of sanctions and d war on their country.

I was actually referring to the period before the sanctions. I thought the sanctions were imposed just recently, specifically during the tenure of the immediate past president Ahmadinejad.

In any case, even with the sanctions they were still able to sell their oil to some countries, most notably China.
Re: How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 16, 2015
Hahahaha! Nigeria is like a ship which has been in the waters for too long and is getting ready to berth ashore.

The US and Europe are planning on strategies to destroy Dullardihno's govt and i will watch as events unfold with my okpa and tombo at hand grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About The Cooking Gas Business In Nigeria / Tony Elumelu Working In His Private Jet (Photo) / IRON & STEEL SALES/SUPPLY, FABRICATIONS @ BEST PRICES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.