Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

How To Cope With Regret Mails? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Cope With Regret Mails? (2267 Views)

How To Cope When Facing Unemployment / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter / Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Kassidy4luv(m): 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
Honestly am not happy @ the moment as all my efforts to secure a higher/better job is not yielding any positive result.

I just got a regret mail from a recruitment process that I have given my best, GOD help me as am kinda becoming depressed and worried.
I am currently working but not comfortable with the Job anymore.
Please how do I cope with this situation.

Thank You.
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by benedima1990(m): 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
1st lesson, never expect much from anything again, the more you expect and it fails, the more disappointed yiu will be

2nd lesson, never put all your eggs in one basket.

3rd, every disappointment is a blessing

One love bro!!!

11 Likes

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by jedidiah22(m): 8:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
Don't give up...... Thats what I tell myself each time I get those mails

2 Likes

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Saraha1(f): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
Atleast you have something doing for now. What do you. Want those of us who are job hunting to do?
As at last month I was working and there was never a trace that come july I will be job hunting, but since it happen what should I do?
To crown it all, where I was suppose to resume this month, all of a sudden the md started acting strange( after he had play fast game on me,). This is a company I contributed a lot to , funny enough, the format which they are now using to operate was all prepared by me.
Have even gone for documentation , just to resume this month and this man started forming.( I guess he believe since he had gotten all the necessary information , as to how his business will progress he decide to act smart )

So op, you should be thankful. Things happen for a reason. Beside do you know what the foundation of that company you so desire to work with is built on?

5 Likes

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
Truth is, u know urself better dan anyone. U know deep down u can't fail. It gets really dark before it gets bright in the morning. Keep working on urself. Always avoid growing in the wrong direction, make a U-turn as soon as u notice dis no matter how far u've gone. I got 4 regret mails in a single day but it didn't stop me from changing 3 jobs and becoming jobless again in february becos of a mistake. I take it as my share of life's ups and down. It's just a job and it will come, pple are dealing with life threatening diseases money can't cure, pple are loosing family members and loved ones, peeps with family to cater to are getting sacked, peeps are getting deformed and handicapped from accidents, soldiers are dying on a daily in the north east, there are lots of worse things dat could happen to u dat would make u forget a regret mail in a second. Be thankful a regret mail is ur only problem becos it's temporary if u keep making the right moves. Delete the mail and don't think about it again. U will be fine.

Lalasticlala u know the drill

5 Likes

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by kachnov(m): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
I got one yesterday,applied for another job today and gatecrashing another tomorrow .

Lesson:Life ain't a rehearsal,the camera is always rolling.
Quitters don't win,winners don't quit.Good thing you have something doing.
Keep moving,don't stop till you arrive.

6 Likes

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
Thanks all for the response and advice I will surely adhere to them all.

My anger is that am under paid.....

Am a Civil Engr, had a 2.1 deserve more than what am earning @ the moment.
I feel my mates are ahead of me Financially, hence while am always worried about any recruitment process I didnt scale through.

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
Kassidy4luv:

I feel my mates are ahead of me Financially, hence while am always worried about any recruitment process I didnt scale through.

If ur mates are dying, would u wish u were dead too?
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
Kassidy4luv:

bro. your feeling is very normal. we all get uncomfortable when we see our mates gettin ahead... but always remember; life is a marathon over taking is allowed. Just continue to improve on yourself and one day you will find out the diff btw u and them has been an illusion

3 Likes

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by whizqueen(f): 12:51am On Jul 16, 2015
PrivateRyan:

If ur mates are dying, would u wish u were dead too?
That's a strong one

2 Likes

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Saraha1(f): 2:58am On Jul 16, 2015
@op, you are very funny. You better thank your God. What if you had secure the job and on your way something terrible happen , which stop you permanentely from working in that company ?
Two days ago, someone had an accident and broke his leg in the process. Do you know how much it cost them for treatment?
150,000 naira. Here you are complaining instead of you to appreciate God and believe him for more testimony.

Pls don't ever compare your self with any one. You are special made and no one on earth has your identity, read 2corinthians 10V12.

6 Likes

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Kassidy4luv(m): 6:03am On Jul 16, 2015
Now am feeling better and excited again, thanks all for those words of encouragement.

I will keep on looking out for the best Job for me out there.

Am not settling for less, keep hurstling for more!!!
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by asscb(f): 6:10am On Jul 16, 2015
Kassidy4luv:
Now am feeling better and excited again, thanks all for those words of encouragement.

U know this! cool

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Saraha1(f): 9:59am On Jul 16, 2015
Kassidy4luv:

Yes!!!!! That the spirit. God bless you have a fulfill day.

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by spoilerx: 10:40am On Jul 16, 2015
it's not easy, the last one I received from ipNX I almost died that day. I couldn't eat.
I walked aimlessly for about 2 hours, I wished the ground would just open up and swallow me.

after scaling through test, interview, executive chat and to be dropped after final chat with GMD.

during my conversation with the GMD, he even mentioned he attended the same same high school I did. I was already thanking God.
he complained that I didn't make a 1st class sha ..

even before the executive chat, the HR lady was already congratulating me as if I had already gotten the job.

God knows best...
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by damijah(m): 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
Saraha1:
Atleast you have something doing for now. What do you. Want those of us who are job hunting to do?
As at last month I was working and there was never a trace that come july I will be job hunting, but since it happen what should I do?
To crown it all, where I was suppose to resume this month, all of a sudden the md started acting strange( after he had play fast game on me,). This is a company I contributed a lot to , funny enough, the format which they are now using to operate was all prepared by me.
Have even gone for documentation , just to resume this month and this man started forming.( I guess he believe since he had gotten all the necessary information , as to how his business will progress he decide to act smart )

So op, you should be thankful. Things happen for a reason. Beside do you know what the foundation of that company you so desire to work with is built on?
Very insightful mam, God help you

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Benny4(m): 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
kachnov:
I got one yesterday,applied for another job today and gatecrashing another tomorrow .

Lesson:Life ain't a rehearsal,the camera is always rolling.
Quitters don't win,winners don't quit.Good thing you have something doing.
Keep moving,don't stop till you arrive.

How was the gate crashing?? grin

Wouldn't mind you filling me in on some someday tho wink... #LinkUp

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Kassidy4luv(m): 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
Now am feeling how I should, dont mind gate crashing test nw...............

cc: Lalasticala and Ishilove.
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Benny4(m): 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
Kassidy4luv:
Now am feeling how I should, dont mind gate crashing test nw...............

cc: Lalasticala and Ishilove.

If you got any biko link me up... Nagode

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Kassidy4luv(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
No wahala............. Interview self we go gate crash am...

Test we go gate crash am.......

Assessment Center we go gate crash am................

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by kachnov(m): 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
Benny4:

How was the gate crashing?? grin

Wouldn't mind you filling me in on some someday tho wink... #LinkUp

Lol went well,under g things
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
Wow, its all the phases needed to greatness, I remembered d day I gt regret mail frm KPMG, I almst cried myself to death. But here I am now, even tho am still searching fr job and keeping d hope alive, I still thank God in my pains, pls nairalanders info me on interviews. let's gatecrash togeda. one guy infoed me abt acces bank tho am sure its a low post bt all requirement no favor me, he said I must av neco, below 25 and 2.2. I said shey 2.1 no fit apply, he said no. U see, May God help us.
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Benny4(m): 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
kachnov:

Lol went well,under g things

Oya na, send me mail on benuasbaby@hotmail.com, so i send u my pin.. Nagode
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Kassidy4luv(m): 6:57am On Jul 17, 2015
Abeg make una post any gate crashable test here.....biko nu!!!
We must take it by force, no time oooo.
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by samik900(m): 9:11am On Jul 17, 2015
:DLol
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by jamanuka: 9:59am On Jul 17, 2015
Got like 3 within the past one week..2 came in same day... All dream multinationals

But looking at the circumstances surrounding all I understand its not about my ability but a mixture of factors which include ill luck.

So what do I do? I reassess,keep faith,don't allow desperation set in and keep pushing because one day its gonna be all over

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Kassidy4luv(m): 11:29am On Jul 17, 2015
Na to gate crash any upcoming aptitude test........
Hint the house on any proposed test,,,, cheers
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Saraha1(f): 11:32am On Jul 17, 2015
Pls I will need someone to also post genuine job site that one can always login to see if there is any job vacant .
This naijajob site is fake , I keep getting interview message from gnld habi na glnd once I sent my cv to naija job.
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by Valentinooo: 12:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
Saraha1:
Pls I will need someone to also post genuine job site that one can always login to see if there is any job vacant .
This naijajob site is fake , I keep getting interview message from gnld habi na glnd once I sent my cv to naija job.

is good
Re: How To Cope With Regret Mails? by slimthando(m): 11:04am On Nov 20, 2015
spoilerx:
it's not easy, the last one I received from ipNX I almost died that day. I couldn't eat.
I walked aimlessly for about 2 hours, I wished the ground would just open up and swallow me.

after scaling through test, interview, executive chat and to be dropped after final chat with GMD.

during my conversation with the GMD, he even mentioned he attended the same same high school I did. I was already thanking God.
he complained that I didn't make a 1st class sha ..

even before the executive chat, the HR lady was already congratulating me as if I had already gotten the job.

God knows best...

too bad bro.....do u have any idea on what probably might have made the GMD disqualify u?

(1) (Reply)

Am Not Olajumoke But You Can Be My Ty Bello / Send Your Application Now For Urgent Recruitment / Dwarf Needed Urgently For T.V Commercial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.