Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Greatest Lie Ever Told By Our So Called Elders ; Real Version Please? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Greatest Lie Ever Told By Our So Called Elders ; Real Version Please? (1156 Views)

What Is The Greatest Lie About You? / Guess What Mbaka Told The Jounalist About Buhari Nd Biafra As He Was Parking Out / Top 50 Funniest Jokes Ever Told (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greatest Lie Ever Told By Our So Called Elders ; Real Version Please? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
INDIA Vs NIGERIA: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am? When we were young this story used to be common. That is, how India used Juju to beat Nigeria 99-1. We were told the ball would turn into rock or lion when Nigeria was playing. I heard this when I was a young boy . I raised this among my friends years back and to my surprise all of them, though from different parts of the country, also said they heard it when they were also young. Please who invented this 'story'? How did it go round to become a national lie? Who also heard about this story? Who has idea about how it was concocted? That story is a fictitive as anything can be. India doesn't have any pedigree in soccer whatsoever. It's a story I while heard growing up. i just wonder how it went around that effectively. u wan tell me say u no know say Iindia wire us 99-1 true true ? in fact it was Thunder Balogun that struck the only ballistic goal into their net Abi our grandpas are liars. I did believe it, and even told the stories myself as if i was there, The mind of a child can believe, we need to use that mind for great things, cos our own mind, na so so impossible e dey see . . .all our players were seeing double and the goalie-mepon was just picking goal upon goals from his net I WAS TOLD THAT NIGERIA'S ONE AND ONLY GOAL WAS WORTH 100 THE FACT IS THAT ....... Sometimes they tell us they came first in the regional exams, none of them has ever come last. YOU grandpas LIEd to us.... GOD HAS FORGIVEN YOU ........LOL
Re: Greatest Lie Ever Told By Our So Called Elders ; Real Version Please? by feldido(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
People still believe it grin
Re: Greatest Lie Ever Told By Our So Called Elders ; Real Version Please? by philiancoop(m): 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
A player died, omogaji or so, when trying to stop the lion/stone. FIFA therefore banned India.
Re: Greatest Lie Ever Told By Our So Called Elders ; Real Version Please? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
undecided
Re: Greatest Lie Ever Told By Our So Called Elders ; Real Version Please? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 16, 2015
Another story was the Thunder Balogun story: Thunder Balogun had incision on his left leg so they warned him not to take shots with his left leg. There was a bet between Thunder Balogun and a great keeper. That in 5 penalties thunder would not score any. He took 4 and the keeper caught all the "Penariti" when he wanted to take the last one A woman just screamed "Thunder Balogun remember your left leg" Thunder Balogun fired with his left leg. The shot was so hard that the keeper tried to stop it but it went through the keepers tummy and came out from the back killing the keeper instantly.
Re: Greatest Lie Ever Told By Our So Called Elders ; Real Version Please? by holyteeboy(m): 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
biolafrica:
INDIA Vs NIGERIA: 99-1. Abeg Who Watch Am?
When we were young this story used to be
common. That is, how India used Juju to beat
Nigeria 99-1. We were told the ball would turn
into rock or lion when Nigeria was playing.
I heard this when I was a young boy . I raised this
among my friends years back and to my surprise
all of them, though from different parts of the
country, also said they heard it when they were
also young.
Please who invented this 'story'? How did it go
round to become a national lie?
Who also heard about this story? Who has idea
about how it was concocted?
That story is a fictitive as anything can be.
India doesn't have any pedigree in soccer
whatsoever.
It's a story I while heard growing up.
i just wonder how it went around that effectively.
u wan tell me say u no know say Iindia wire us
99-1 true true ?
in fact it was Thunder Balogun that struck the
only ballistic goal into their net
Abi our grandpas are liars.
I did believe it, and even told the stories myself
as if i was there, The mind of a child can believe,
we need to use that mind for great things, cos
our own mind, na so so impossible e dey see
. . .all our players were seeing double and the
goalie-mepon was just picking goal upon goals
from his net
I WAS TOLD THAT NIGERIA'S ONE AND ONLY GOAL
WAS WORTH 100
THE FACT IS THAT .......
Sometimes they tell us they came first in the
regional exams, none of them has ever come last.
YOU grandpas LIEd to us.... GOD HAS FORGIVEN
YOU ........LOL
its just a myth click this link

https://www.nairaland.com/1952284/greatest-lie-ever-told

(1) (Reply)

If You Were Here, What Will Be Your NAME??? / Age Description Of A Woman (screenshot) / When A Calabar Lady Visits You ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.