Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,537 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

The Pastors Have Become Brutish - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pastors Have Become Brutish (506 Views)

Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? / How Pastors Have Sex With Members - Olukoya / The Pastors Have Destroyed The Lord's Vineyard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Pastors Have Become Brutish by Chiboj(m): 3:26am On Jul 16, 2015
PASTORS HAVE BECOME BRUTISH
Jer 10:20-21
20 My tabernacle is spoiled, and all my cords are broken:
my children are gone forth of me, and they are not:
there is none to stretch forth my tent any more,
and to set up my curtains.
21 For the pastors are become brutish,
and have not sought the Lord:
therefore they shall not prosper,
and all their flocks shall be scattered.
(KJV)
Brutishness means to act like a brute that is "senselessly, unthinking, unreasonably". God says that his pastors exhibit the characteristics of brutes because they have not sought Him nor heard Him. Oh, you are not in agreement? Then you have not been keeping up with the news. Hardly a day goes by without some scandal in the news concerning ministers of the gospel, ranging from immodest behavior to downright despicable inhuman acts.
And all because they have ceased to seek the Lord, to tarry with Him and to have intercourse with Him and be impregnated in their spirits with the revelations, ideas and power of Elohim.
Consequently, they have not known TRUE prosperity; the kind that flows from the soul to the physical environment; Infectious prosperity that has no respect for location or qualification.
Reasonably, the flocks are scattered; not so much physically as spiritually, because the churches are all full to the brim, holding three to four services per Sunday, some of them. But God doesn't see anyone, because it is the purity of the altar that determines God's presence and presidence. So, folks come to church, seeking God, seeking answers but getting none. The society gets worse because the church isn't performing its divinely mandated role.
The pastors need to go back to the place of deep prayers and deep fellowship with God on the altar of purity. Take the example of Jesus, who even though He is God, always abode in deep communion with the Father, in prayers. His custom was to rise a great while before day, every day, while the disciples slept, and commune with the father in solitude. He is the author and finisher of our faith; our perfect example.
God took us to this particular portion of the scriptures during fellowship with Him around 2 am, the second time on this theme. The first time it was Jeremiah 12:10: " Jer 12:10
10 Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.
(KJV)". Clearly, God is not happy at the state of His bride. Let us rise up to the divine prompting and halt the forces of Hell. Pastors arise, believers arise!

(1) (Reply)

20 Scripture Verses That Define Mature Manhood / The Spirit Of Faith-features / Doing Exactly The Things Jesus Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.