Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise (1267 Views)

NFF Unveils New Jersey For Super Eagles After Signing Multimillion Naira Deal / Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles / Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by morereb10: 5:47am On Jul 16, 2015
It has always been said that new coach comes a stricter conditions to players. Coach Sunday Oliseh has fired a warning, stating that he will only consider players who feature in top leagues both home and abroad.

On like his predecessor, Stephen Keshi, however was known to call up players from the lower leagues overseas. Sunday Oliseh said he wants to make changes and not do the same thing Stephen Keshi did. He said: According to Vanguard News “If you are not playing in first division in anywhere in the world and in Nigeria, you cannot play for the Super Eagles henceforth,” Oliseh warned at a media presentation in Abuja on Wednesday.

“However players coming from the under-aged teams are the only exception to this rule.” Oliseh said it is an honour to lead the Eagles now as a coach, but that he cannot turn around the footballing fortunes of the country by himself. “It’s a great honour to be a coach of this nation,” he said.

“First of all, I am not coming as a Messiah. I am not coming as a man who can single handedly turn Nigeria to Germany. “I am coming in to do my best and give if possible 150% all the time.

“The state we are now in Nigeria I think we are all not happy with. Gone are the days we have individual players who can single handedly win a match for you. But we have the potentials and that is our belief and the players must know that it’s an honour to be invited to the national team.

Isn't he taken this coaching stuff to abnormal level? I have not heard any country even in Europe imposing this kind of strict conditions on its players. Can this guarantee anything in Super Eagles? Is absurd to me. What do you think? - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/07/if-you-dont-play-first-division-you.html#sthash.npdH3YPS.dpuf

cc lalasticlala ishilove

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by rabex(m): 5:49am On Jul 16, 2015
CHANGE DON COME OHHHH....I think its a nice move..I kind of have faith in dis guy more dan peak sipping keshi
Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by jieta: 5:53am On Jul 16, 2015
OLISEH, pls less talk more action that was what keshi said when he was first appionted.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by biznus: 6:03am On Jul 16, 2015
I can only feel for Olise, if the guy above the guy above me can say that of a coach who at least achieved somethin wit d national team... Olise na your turn just do your thing without running your predecessor down or trying to impress Nigerians

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by boboLIL(m): 6:09am On Jul 16, 2015
weda na champions leaque players. They no dae go anywea. Na initial gra gra
Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 16, 2015
this is a wrong move.Rashidi Yekini was playing in the portuguese second division when he won African best player

4 Likes

Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by Icon4s(m): 6:19am On Jul 16, 2015
Emm Coach what of players like Sonne Aluko that their club got relegated to lower division. And Kenneth Omeruo hu has played in Lower division for abt 3yrs.

And are u telling me a player in 1st division in Qatar has a better chance than a player in 2nd division in England and Spain? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 16, 2015
morereb10:
It has always been said that new coach comes a stricter conditions to players. Coach Sunday Oliseh has fired a warning, stating that he will only consider players who feature in top leagues both home and abroad.

On like his predecessor, Stephen Keshi, however was known to call up players from the lower leagues overseas. Sunday Oliseh said he wants to make changes and not do the same thing Stephen Keshi did. He said: According to Vanguard News “If you are not playing in first division in anywhere in the world and in Nigeria, you cannot play for the Super Eagles henceforth,” Oliseh warned at a media presentation in Abuja on Wednesday.

“However players coming from the under-aged teams are the only exception to this rule.” Oliseh said it is an honour to lead the Eagles now as a coach, but that he cannot turn around the footballing fortunes of the country by himself. “It’s a great honour to be a coach of this nation,” he said.

“First of all, I am not coming as a Messiah. I am not coming as a man who can single handedly turn Nigeria to Germany. “I am coming in to do my best and give if possible 150% all the time.

“The state we are now in Nigeria I think we are all not happy with. Gone are the days we have individual players who can single handedly win a match for you. But we have the potentials and that is our belief and the players must know that it’s an honour to be invited to the national team.

Isn't he taken this coaching stuff to abnormal level? I have not heard any country even in Europe imposing this kind of strict conditions on its players. Can this guarantee anything in Super Eagles? Is absurd to me. What do you think? - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/07/if-you-dont-play-first-division-you.html#sthash.npdH3YPS.dpuf

cc lalasticlala ishilove
nice move....

But, He for make the thing first eleven players only

I just pray he by-passes mikel...
Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by jnrbayano(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2015
What division was Sunday Oliseh playing in the time he got a call-up into the squad for USA 94 while he was playing for RFC Liège?

undecided

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by joxxy01(m): 10:43am On Jul 16, 2015
This Guy get mouth sha....
Let wait and see if he can convert his sweet mouthiness to sweet actions on the pitch.
Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by seankay(m): 11:20am On Jul 16, 2015
I like this statement

This will make the players raise their games and move to better clubs will can also help them improve the national team cos they will be playing under the tutelage of better mangers
Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by Kog45(m): 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
jnrbayano:
What division was Sunday Oliseh playing in the time he got a call-up into the squad for USA 94 while he was playing for RFC Liège?

undecided
Thank u my guy for good observation.What we need from olishe is a good player that can fit into SE either from 1st or 3rd div.I remember d same Olishe was a flop at Juventus and Dortmund and was loaned to lowly Regianna and cologne,and this did disturb his chances at SE.Westerhoff was successful bcs he was able to identify talent irrespective d division d player is playing for,d good examples are Mike Emenalo,Emeka Ezeugu,Eguavoen,Adepoju and late Yekini.Rasheed Yekini was playing in 2nd div while we have hot strikers like Owubokiri and Mike obi doing it well for Boavista and Feyenoord respectively.Olishe should tell us a player that is having it so good in his club presently.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by vickylinco(m): 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
rubbish... so Mikel is better than ighalo last season when he was playing for lower division according to oliseh? not minding the position. I think every good player deserves a chance. Leon balogun played in lower division last season. I give keshi kudos for that

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
morereb10:

cc lalasticlala ishilove

Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by lexyman(m): 11:14pm On Jul 16, 2015
Nice move by Oliseh. But this will enhance the standard of game of our players and it will make them seat tight and play d game with passion ....most of them now chase money they completely forgot the fame .

Also I feel the standard of football worldwide as dropped ... For the past 7yrs it's been btw messi and Ronaldo , I remembered back then it was btw 5/6 players . This time around it will be adviceable for Oliseh to be careful and make d right decision .
Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
I always wondered how people find Oliseh as the next Guardiola. This is a myopic and ridiculous statement. Oliseh should delete it if possible.
Re: If You Don't Play First Division You Can't Play For Super Eagles Anymore - Olise by tck2000(m): 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2019
Can't work for now

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Cameroonian Football Player Patrick Ekang Dies After Collapsing On Pitch / What! A Striker Arsenal Got On Transfer Deadline Day / Austin Jay Jay Okocha Visits Former Club Eintracht Frankfurt (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.