Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection (1615 Views)

Please Help. My Hp Laptop Has A Wifi Connection But Refuses To Browse The Intern / Please I Need Help With Wifi Connection / How I Created A Wifi Hotspot For My Itel Phone With Command Prompt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:18am On Jul 16, 2015
Good day all,
A friend helped me secure a contract to install servers, configure them and set up wireless networks to share internet connection and printers at his place of work but the problem here is that I have little knowledge of networking as I am a programmer. I want to handle the contract because I want to get hands-on experience of such. can the gurus in the house give me tips and knowledge any help will be appreciated
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by feldido(m): 7:20am On Jul 16, 2015
Where's ur location?
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by Dannidom(m): 7:34am On Jul 16, 2015
feldido:
Where's ur location?
drop your help guide here i need it too. Pls
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by feldido(m): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2015
Dannidom:
drop your help guide here i need it too. Pls

I'll help with the litle I know, but I want to knw his location.
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2015
feldido:

I'll help with the litle I know, but I want to knw his location.
i'm in owerri
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by feldido(m): 8:36am On Jul 16, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

i'm in owerri

Ok... Not far from me.
By the way what is the size of the network?
I mean users?
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:32am On Jul 16, 2015
feldido:

Ok... Not far from me.
I mean users?

not quite sure but it has to be wireless, that is WiFi and it also has to include a server
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:33am On Jul 16, 2015
feldido:

Ok... Not far from me.
I mean users?

not quite sure but it has to be wireless, that is WiFi and it also has to include a server. its for an office
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by feldido(m): 11:46am On Jul 16, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

not quite sure but it has to be wireless, that is WiFi and it also has to include a server

Then it's going to be a simple network with a server, switch and a wireless router.

Have they bought the items already or you are buying it?
I have outdoor wireless routers incase u need it.
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
feldido:

Then it's going to be a simple network with a server, switch and a wireless router.

I haven't bought any yet. Its for an office so I don't think I'll need outdoor routers. if you gone ones I can use indoor, I'll buy them from you, along with any other devices and tools I'll need.
can you walk me through how to set it up?
I have basic knowledge, its just that I haven't done this before
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by shawlxAk(m): 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:
Good day all,
A friend helped me secure a contract to install servers, configure them and set up wireless networks to share internet connection and printers at his place of work but the problem here is that I have little knowledge of networking as I am a programmer. I want to handle the contract because I want to get hands-on experience of such. can the gurus in the house give me tips and knowledge any help will be appreciated

Basically, you will need a wireless router connected to an internet source, and a cable that links the router to the main PC or server. Depending on the coverage area, you may also need a wireless access point to boost the wireless router’s signal range and strength. Do a site survey to determine how many Access Points will be required to provide enough coverage and where they will be placed.

Install the printer on the server and share it. Then, for each wireless enabled device that joins the network, add the network printer from the control panel.

After setting up the network, you will need to secure it appropriately.
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
y'all should wish me luck. just got info tonight that the interview will be tomorrow
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by shawlxAk(m): 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:
y'all should wish me luck. just got info tonight that the interview will be tomorrow

Good luck !
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by persius555(m): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:
Good day all,
Your server must administer print services, authenticate and grant access to wireless users. You need to run a server application on your server to run smoothly.
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
feldido:

went for the interview today and i passed grin grin grin got the job.
they have already received quotations from different companies who are interested in supplying and installing equipment for the data centre so i helped them choose the better option. my job will be to manage the data centre.
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2015
persius555:
Your server must administer print services, authenticate and grant access to wireless users. You need to run a server application on your server to run smoothly.
i know that, my issue is how to manage the servers.
can you recommend any software that can do that effectively?
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by feldido(m): 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

went for the interview today and i passed grin grin grin got the job.
they have already received quotations from different companies who are interested in supplying and installing equipment for the data centre so i helped them choose the better option. my job will be to manage the data centre.

Happy for you... So it's now easy
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
feldido:

thanks bro.
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
feldido:

thanks bro.
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by kode12: 7:06am On Jul 18, 2015
Hey bro,I'm a Cisco networked and I've deployed other networking products like dlink,mikrotik,aironet and linksys. We can partner up on this ur contract and you just pay me a little token.Remember you'll also need to do some cabling @some point to share your internet.e.g like connecting your wireless router/access point to the switch.Make sure you use quality devices and also make a good survey of the site to ensure that your placement of the routers and access point gives room for maximum connectivity.
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by kode12: 7:07am On Jul 18, 2015
Hey bro,I'm a Cisco networked and I've deployed other networking products like dlink,mikrotik,aironet and linksys. We can partner up on this ur contract and you just pay me a little token.Remember you'll also need to do some cabling @some point to share your internet.e.g like connecting your wireless router/access point to the switch.Make sure you use quality devices and also make a good survey of the site to ensure that your placement of the routers and access point gives room for maximum connectivity.
Whatsapp me If interested 07061925758
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2015
kode12:

the company has already contracted another company to set up the network. my job now is to manage it
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by Lacomb(m): 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
After the setup, list the equipments used and the organisations' plan, I will do my best to give you some management advice! Best of luck.
Re: Help In Setting Up And Configuring Servers And A Wifi Connection by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
Lacomb:
After the setup, list the equipments used and the organisations' plan, I will do my best to give you some management advice! Best of luck.

alright bro.
I'll tell you the equipments once they're on ground. thanks

(1) (Reply)

2015 Apple Macbook Pro 13" Retina Display Core I5 8gb Ram 256ssd**180k** / Hot Deal And Super Neat HP Pavilion Dv9700 From USA 320gb 4gb / I Need A Fairly Used Laptop I Have 70k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.