Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Is NSIS Scholarship Scheme A SCAM? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is NSIS Scholarship Scheme A SCAM? (1391 Views)

2017-2018 NNPC/Total National Merit Scholarship Scheme Application / PTDF Shortlisted Candidates For PHD Scholarship Scheme Interview 2017/2018 / Apply For Seyi Makinde Scholarship Scheme For Undergraduate Students 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is NSIS Scholarship Scheme A SCAM? by realabraham: 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
Is NSIS scholarship scheme a SCAM?

They go by the name NITA INSPIRE with website www.nsing.com

I heard of the scholarship from my sister in Abuja who was also interested.
I had so many questions, she had to send me Olu's number who happened to be one of their workers. He was friendly at first and we chatted briefly and officially via WhatsApp. And I payed in N5,000 the stipulated fee for undergraduate scholarship.
He said at the expiration of the deadline sometime in March, we'll write an exam and those who qualified will be given scholarship.
When the date past, I contacted him, he said the application date for scholarship was extended so more persons can benefit from it.
After that, months have gone by (as I applied sometime in January 2015) and he stopped replying my messages but comes online often.
I resorted to their website and nothing seems to be happening there.
I've sent them an email, no response. Called all the phone numbers on the site and none was going through for months. Later one of the numbers went through but the calls were never picked.
I then resorted to their facebook and Twitter accounts to contact them all to no avail!
Please dear Nairalander's, if you or anyone you know applied for the scholarship, can we discuss this issue?
The N5000 is not much a problem to me as compared to their supposed fraud and scam using scholarship as a tool!
This is disheartening and sickening.
cc lalasticlala; ishilove
Re: Is NSIS Scholarship Scheme A SCAM? by emalians07gmai: 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
i heard of it too, i registered recently and went to their office at wuse 2 abuja. The exams have been shifted to january 2016 as applications close at the end of this year. please visit them on www.nitainspired.com, thats the actual website.
Re: Is NSIS Scholarship Scheme A SCAM? by finestpicks(m): 2:54pm On Dec 26, 2015
Im sceptic about applying for it,scholarships are meant to be free.
I would try mailing any of the profs etc they put up as people backing their authenticity and get confirmation

1 Like

Re: Is NSIS Scholarship Scheme A SCAM? by tolugeorge: 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
Don't be fooled. True scholarship are meant to be free with no string attached. Nigerians should be wise and not succumb to cheap lies such as this anymore. You might think 5k as little, come to think of the multiplying effect for close to 100 or even thousand candidate.

Stop this scam today, beware.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Telecommunication Tranning At ZTE India / Pics From Unixclusive Launching @ Accra Institute Of Technology (ait University) / 9 Types Of People We Have On Nigeria University Campuses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.