Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. (4853 Views)

Kenyan Man Presents A Range Rover To His Wife Inside Traffic (Photos) / He Was Expecting A Range Rover From His Rich In-law (Photos) / Man Surprises His Wife With Range Rover On Her Birthday/Wedding In Enugu. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 1:05am On Jul 17, 2015
One major thing that causes most families eventual breakdown is finance/money.

And when you study such families,you would realise that it wasn't always like that. There was once upon a time the 'times were good'.

No matter how much we earn as young families while working,we must not forget there is such a thing called INVESTMENT.

Investment in this sense does not mean passive investment which most of our parents assumed to be a good option. Hence their investment in building properties, which ain't bad at all.

But time has come we must begin to question a lot of things they made us believe and choose the ones we truly believe. I believe that if we choose the right things,it will flow down to our children and grandchildren and great grand children. Cos those things must be based on lasting principles that have been tested over time.

All great families in the world have lasting legacies the children enjoy. And a cross look on a list of those families will prove to you that a greater percentage are strongly rooted in farming.

There is hardly any strong family in the United States that does not have a farm plantation, be it maize,cocoa,rice or whatever have you.

We can do so in Nigeria. We have rich and fertile lands here, we have both rain and sunshine here in average quantities as against the whether of others. And we have rich and natural golds in the form of agric produce. Natural goods that can change the fortunes of any family that chooses.

One of such golds is snail farming. I believe most people if not all have heard and attended seminars on snail farming,so am not educating further on it.

The essence of this thread is to show the possibility of making it a reality and not some funny idea locked up in the drawer, in A4 sheets. That every family can start it and move from there,if they so choose.

We are here to help make it not just a reality but a very rewarding exercise both financially and fun wise. Below are pictures of the free range snail farming style/technology we build for smaller homes with at least a 5ft by 25ft free space to use in their compound.

We construct this and can replicate it in any part of the country and even on larger spaces of up to 20acres.

Mr Collins.
08073122596(whatsapp too)

Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Polithiefcian(m): 1:06am On Jul 17, 2015
Nice
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 1:09am On Jul 17, 2015
Still preparing...

Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 1:11am On Jul 17, 2015
More

Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by cococandy(f): 6:07am On Jul 17, 2015
Where are the snails? angry

When I first looked at the topic, I thought I saw Range Rover snail grin
OP welldone o. Hard work does pay. Jisike

1 Like

Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
Taking shape.. Every home can have this.

Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
I will expose the materials we use in the construction of this snail farming technology. It is what anybody can do. You construct your snail farm yourself and get your breeder stock from me if you so wish.

If you also want me to supervise the construction,then you pay me for my time and consultancy.

Anybody can do it. And please have no worries about marketing your snails. That should be the least of your problems. I can vouch for that.

If for any reason you want me to handle the construction and acquiring of your materials,then you must give me my freedom to do so both financially and time wise.

Posting them soon.
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:25am On Aug 07, 2015
Picking up

Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
I can oly c plant ooo, where d snail dey?
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
oluseyiforjesus:
I can oly c plant ooo, where d snail dey?

This farm is undergoing vegetation. A very important process in the construction. The breeders have not yet arrived. Ask the right questions and get the right answers.
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:58am On Aug 14, 2015
Ready for the breeders to arrive

Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 8:00am On Aug 17, 2015
Every family can have this
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
bundles of galvanised sheets
lengths of galvanised pipes 1.5"
Cutting and brazing of the pipes into 4ft each
lengths of galvanised angle pipes 1.5"
Cutting and brazing of the angle irons for the internal snail fields
bags of cement for burying the pipes and angle irons to achieve firmness.
Fabricated screws,bolts and washers for tacking the galvanised sheets to the pipes.
Fixing of the galvanised sheets round the perimeter
Digging of the trench round for the perimeter fencing
Marking out of the internal snail fields and tilling and planting.
Buying of the vegetables to be planted
bundles of nets
Sewing of the nets by the tailor.
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2015
More of the farms
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
If you cannot afford the galvanised pipes,you can use angle irons just like the one above. Saves cost but be ready to change them soon. Say in 3 to 4yrs time.
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2015
Vegetation
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 8:06am On Aug 20, 2015
You can use wood for the edges if you can't afford square iron pipes with rivet pins.
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 4:22am On Sep 05, 2015
Shelter.
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 4:23am On Sep 05, 2015
Piping. Irrigation. Vegetation(seed planting)
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 4:28am On Sep 05, 2015
Protection against ants. Notice the line on the cemented floor.

Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 5:30am On Sep 27, 2015
he Youth in Agribusiness Development and Innovation(YABDI) invites you to her Lagos Agribusiness Empowerment summit 2015.

A day full practical training on various crops and livestocks that will change your life for the better.

The training will be highly interactive with practical do it yourself demonstration on Cucumber, Plantain, Pineapple Cultivation and introduction to free range Grasscutter/Snail farming in Nigeria.

The training venue is LEADWAY ASSURANCE TRAINING CENTRE (LTC). 10, Abebe Village Road, Apex Mill Building (Roof Top) beside UBA Bank, along Nigerian Breweries, Iganmu - Lagos.

Date:1st October 2015
Time 8am to 5pm
Registration Fee: N10,000
Bank Details: MCUBE GLOBAL CONNECT LIMITED
Zenith Account No:1014183776

Join Practical and seasoned Agropreneurs like:
Mr Collins Amadi (https://www.nairaland.com/afrocatalyst) the Nigeria free range snail expert.

Mr Jasper Chidera (https://www.nairaland.com/jasper7) Foremost Cucumber Guru as he takes you through the Million naira cucumber business.

Mr Adewunmi Babafemi Samuel (https://www.nairaland.com/theunbeatable) MD Bsaideal integrated farm Akure, Ondo State. An highly versatile livestock farming expert will be revealing the step by step secret of grasscutter rearing business in Nigeria using modern techniques system.

Mr Akin Asher MD Asher Mobile fish farm Ibadan (https://www.nairaland.com/nikashow) will be teaching the secret of lucrative Modern/Mobile fish farming business.

Mr Adeniyi Sola Bunmi, Nigeria Agribusiness Transformation Ambassasor (https://www.nairaland.com/world1) as he takes you through Mega Opportunities in Plantain/ Pineapple Cultivation in Nigeria.

This is a training you don't want to miss.

If you have wondered where to spend your independence holiday on 1st October 2015, then look no further than the 1 day Lagos Practical Agribusiness Empowerment Summit that will transform your life.

Register for training today

Training cost ONLY N10,000

Certificate of Participation and Light refreshment included!
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:27am On Jun 04, 2016
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:30am On Jun 04, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBP56hXMTno

Snail farming in Nigeria,Africa.
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:44am On Jun 04, 2016
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 10:41am On Jun 04, 2016
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 1:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 8:25am On Jun 24, 2016
Re: PICTURE...Free Range Snail Farming:a Sustainable Family Business In Nigeria. by pounds2(m): 10:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
This is beautiful. Well done Chief Amadi

(1) (Reply)

Shocking. Man Just Found Behind His Chair What Wife Has Been Hiding From Him. / For Experienced Married Men Only / What Should A Woman Do If Her Husband Flirts Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.