Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! (2089 Views)

Looking For A Graduate Degree With A Global Focus? Your Dreams Are Within Reach! / Expand Your Reach! / All Int'l Exams (toefl, Sat I & Ii, Gre, Gmat) At Your Reach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2009
Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum. Joint it because i have a relationship with a Nigerian guy. and wanted to learn everything there is to know about the country and the people. We are together a year now. He went off to do this NYSC in Yobe state last week. We didn't have contact by phone yet and now i am wondering if there are policy's when it comes to mobile phones and how this first month in the program is working? Tried to read about it on the internet, but didn't find out much. Can anybody tell me if you can use phones, if there is a good network up there (he has a GLO number)  if you even have some free time and if there are people out there that have the same problem? I read about problems with robberies, killing, accidents etc. Not be able to reach my boyfriend makes me worried. Even his mother and friends haven't heard from him yet.

Please serious answers only. Am not here to amuse anybody. So please not come with answers like " he probably wanna get rid of you and found this an easy way out" because i know that is not the case. We are getting engaged this year.

Thanks in advance for the answers.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 9:03am On Mar 11, 2009
Come on! There must be someone who has done NYSC in Yobe and will be done this month? Who knows exacly how it works up there?
Just need some answers please.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by Hardar4lag(m): 10:26am On Mar 11, 2009
Yeah that true i have a brother serving dere also but it seems when dey are in camp it happens but when they get to their city you can reach dem anytime, like my brother his in the city so we call him anytime and is always thru, but if ur boyfriend is in the Village of Yobe definitely yu can reach him, unless he call.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 10:34am On Mar 11, 2009
Hi,

thanks for your reply. I don't know if this NYSC camp is in the village. It must be if his phone isn't reachable. I guess i have to wait untill he calls. I'm just worried that if something happend nobody can reach him. Is there a number we could call at this camp or a local NYSC office to get in touch with him? Do you know that?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by Hardar4lag(m): 10:42am On Mar 11, 2009
Yeah the camp is in a Village if you don't mind lets chat on hardeoyeomomummy@yahoo.com to talk more.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 10:55am On Mar 11, 2009
I'd like to keep taking here so that other people that are in the same situation can benefit from our diolog too. Ok, so he is in the village, bad network there, but he can have his phone switched on. Do you know the schedule? When do they have some time for themselfs? Do they have days off or is it 7 days a week there busy? I found a number for a local office in Yobe state, didn't try to call it yet to see if it is working. Prefer to send emails anyway because it can be a bad connention and then it's hard to understand eachother. Maybe i should try go get help from our friends in Lagos with the calling,
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by Hardar4lag(m): 11:01am On Mar 11, 2009
Ok ooo, i would ve given you my brothers number but i don't knw if they are in d same area, he mentioned the name of the Camp to me when last he came but i did not remember
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 11:15am On Mar 11, 2009
It's very kind of you that you want to give me your brothers phonenumber, but to be honest, i feel uncomfortable calling strangers and ask there help. Your brother and i don't know eachother so i can't ask him to help me with this. He is in the city anyway like you said and not in the village, so the chance that he can help me is zero %. But thanks anyway. Can you at least answer the above asked questions? What is there daily schedule? Do they have time for themselfs during the day? Do they have days off? Would a local offlice help me to get a message to him? Did you do your NYSC? Then you should know this i guess?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MrCrackles(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2009
Moved to General Discussion~Nairaland! smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 11:42am On Mar 11, 2009
Hi MrCrackles,

i saw your message that you moved my topic, but when i look under General discussion-Nairaland i can't find it? Should it be there anyway? Because this isn't a discussion how to use Nairalands forum,
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MrCrackles(m): 11:47am On Mar 11, 2009
angel72:

Hi MrCrackles,
i saw your message that you moved my topic, but when i look under General discussion-Nairaland i can't find it? Should it be there anyway? Because this isn't a discussion how to use Nairalands forum,

It is pretty much a general discussion and it has nothing to do with education hence the reason for moving it there!

I will find it and provide you with a link to it soon

Regards
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2009
thank you MrCrackles, that is very kind of you. grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by Hardar4lag(m): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2009
I have not serve ooo am still looking 4ward to become  University Student, but i knw dey do ve tyme 4 deir self
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MrCrackles(m): 11:51am On Mar 11, 2009
angel72:

thank you MrCrackles, that is very kind of you. grin

Hi

This the link to your thread~ https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-9.0.html

It is a more general topic and if you look at the type of threads in the section i moved it to, you will realise it is similar

At times, some threads dont always fit the direct description on the sections and boards on this forum, hence the reason why it gets moved to

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS!

I hope this helps

Regards wink
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2009
MrCrackles

You know it better then me where my topic should be on NL grin

I just hope to get the attention so i can get the answers that i need to talk to my BF as soon as possible undecided

Did you do your NYSC? I guess you did. Do you have the answers for me? wink
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 11:59am On Mar 11, 2009
Hardar4lag;

thanks for your answers. I thought you did your NYSC so you could give me the answers undecided

I wish you good luck with school and i hope that i will get some answers from somebody else here on NL. Because i can't wait untill you go and do your NYSC grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by Hardar4lag(m): 12:03pm On Mar 11, 2009
I never told you had d xperience i told yu my brother okkkkk
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MrCrackles(m): 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2009
angel72:

MrCrackles

You know it better then me where my topic should be on NL grin

I just hope to get the attention so i can get the answers that i need to talk to my BF as soon as possible undecided

Did you do your NYSC? I guess you did. Do you have the answers for me? wink

I have not done it

I dont live in Nigeria at the moment and dont plan to relocate soon, so it is not even on the cards

Maybe when i decide to relocate, it would have been scrapped
! grin cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MrCrackles(m): 12:06pm On Mar 11, 2009
Topic

It is really sad, and if he cant be reached on the phone, i dont know of any other effective way to do this

It will be tedious to travel to Yobe and look for the camp but it may well be the only way you can get closer to reaching him
! smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2009
Hardar4lag:

what i ment was that i thought you knew more about how the NYSC's first month is working. But i really wanna thank you anyway for your answers. It means a lot to me.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by Hardar4lag(m): 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2009
Yu welcome nd hope yu get ur BF soon

1 luv
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2009
Hi MrCrackles,

Like you, I'm not in Nigeria either  grin

But i am a stubborn girl and when i put my teeth in things i don't let go untill i am satisfied with the outcome of it  grin

Travelling to Yobe state isn't an option for me, so i will have to find other ways to reach him. I know he went with a friend, i just need to find somebody who knows that friend and has his number so i can try to reach him instead, will take a while and hope to get help from our friends to reach that goal,

I know a lot of Nigerians find the NYSC very useless, a waist of time, but do you think that this people (including you) will have a chance for a good job in Nigeria without that paper?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MrCrackles(m): 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2009
angel72:

Hi MrCrackles,

Like you, I'm not in Nigeria either grin

But i am a stubborn girl and when i put my teeth in things i don't let go untill i am satisfied with the outcome of it grin

Travelling to Yobe state isn't an option for me, so i will have to find other ways to reach him. I know he went with a friend, i just need to find somebody who knows that friend and has his number so i can try to reach him instead, will take a while and hope to get help from our friends to reach that goal,

Where are you based?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2009
I'm in Europe, Holland to be precisly grin

Have been to Nigeria a few times, hope to be there again during the summer if my BF get's relocated to Lagos
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MrCrackles(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2009
angel72:

I'm in Europe, Holland to be precisly grin

Have been to Nigeria a few times, hope to be there again during the summer if my BF get's relocated to Lagos

Ok, you need to sort it out somehow and you may have to get someone in Nigeria who is willing to do all the groundwork for you! cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by angel72(f): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2009
well, i got some friends in Nigeria that might be able to help me. I have asked for there help quit a few times now and i didn't wanted to bother them to much, but maybe i have to ask them to do me this favour again. It will benefit for them too, because they are as worried as i am undecided

Thanks for the advice and keep up the good work here. Have read a lot of your topics and answers in other topics and you seem like a fun guy, maybe our paths cross again here someday grin wink

ps: where are you based?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MrCrackles(m): 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2009
angel72:

well, i got some friends in Nigeria that might be able to help me. I have asked for there help quit a few times now and i didn't wanted to bother them to much, but maybe i have to ask them to do me this favour again. It will benefit for them too, because they are as worried as i am

I hope they can help, if it is the only way, i am sure they will! cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MrCrackles(m): 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2009
angel72:

ps: where are you based?

United Kingdom! wink
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MrCrackles(m): 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2009
angel72:

Thanks for the advice and keep up the good work here. Have read a lot of your topics and answers in other topics and you seem like a fun guy, maybe our paths cross again here someday grin wink

Thanks! cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MissyB1(m): 9:29pm On Mar 14, 2009
Crackles is dangerous . . . Don't be lured into his nest! angry
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MrCrackles(m): 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2009
Missy B:

Crackles is dangerous . . . Don't be lured into his nest! angry

MissyB shut it!
You went AWOL and the next thing you appeared from nowhere, only to start slagging Crackles off!
I aint trying to lure no-one!
grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Doing His Nysc In Yobe State And Nobody Can Reach Him! by MissyB1(m): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2009
AWOL ko AWOLOWO ni!!
If slagging is the synonym of Exposure . . .then Yes!! angry angry
Angel . . .If You hope to remain faithful to Your man. . . Run from Crackles. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

h / Admission Into Babcock University / Admission To Wisconsin University In Accra, Ghana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.