Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,514 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

My Car Temperature Rises With Increasing Speed And Cools While Idling.. Help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Temperature Rises With Increasing Speed And Cools While Idling.. Help! (824 Views)

My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent / Check Out my Car Temperature Gauge. / Plz Help. AC Not Cooling When Weather Is Hot, Cools A Little When On Top Speed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Temperature Rises With Increasing Speed And Cools While Idling.. Help! by Sunymoore(m): 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
So my car legs got brand new shoes, I decided to rev the car a bit higher on each gear till I maintain a stable speed, all goes well for about ten minutes until I saw my car temperature, it rose to almost the danger zone.. What could be wrong..? My radiator is double cell, but the cap is not the OEM.. When I started the engine today for about five minutes, the temperature remains moderate...
Re: My Car Temperature Rises With Increasing Speed And Cools While Idling.. Help! by mayor2013: 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
Sunymoore:
So my car legs got brand new shoes, I decided to rev the car a bit higher on each gear till I maintain a stable speed, all goes well for about ten minutes until I saw my car temperature, it rose to almost the danger zone.. What could be wrong..? My radiator is double cell, but the cap is not the OEM.. When I started the engine today for about five minutes, the temperature remains moderate...

How do you expect us to know what type of car you complaining about? Your problem could range from a weak fan to a leak in your cooling system. How often do you have to top your radiator? Am looking at a situation where you have got a weak fan. If you Re good @ DIY you could check it yourself but if you are in lagos and you need an assitance. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837 to get a permanence fix
Re: My Car Temperature Rises With Increasing Speed And Cools While Idling.. Help! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:41am On Jul 18, 2015
Check radiator fins for blockage caused by mud and dirt. Backwash with a pressure wash (any good car wash) and that might solve the problem.
Re: My Car Temperature Rises With Increasing Speed And Cools While Idling.. Help! by Ricmayak1: 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
Check your spark plugs and use recommended cold/hot rating or a step colder if the need arise.
BR.
Re: My Car Temperature Rises With Increasing Speed And Cools While Idling.. Help! by Sunymoore(m): 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
Thanks for all the suggestion guys.. An electrician just 'touched' Some wires on the radiator and all is well now.. Thanks again.. One love

(1) (Reply)

Dtm 2015 Spielberg Race - Best Dtm Cars / Where Is My Topic That I Created / Frsc, Vio, Is This An Offence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.