Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Is Jesus Christ The Of God??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ The Of God??? (1061 Views)

Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King / Today Is Christ The King Sunday / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Christ The Of God??? by 0micheal735: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
Actually am opening this thread for your advice and generosity contribution, and let's please try and eliminate the spirit of sentiment from it.

A friend of my who just came back from Akure to Lagos last week, after days of his arrival he decided to pay me a visit in my house and we exchanged greetings With his appearance I noticed he has become a faithful Muslim due to his dressing,he was putting on teblic trousers and those Muslim cap and the way he speaks has changed a lot. I also an ordinary christian then though my faith has increased a lot towards serving the Lord so he congratulated me on that cause most of his old friends are noting to write home about

He told me he had a bank problem during his staying in Akure so we decided to sort it out before moving back, so I prepare going to GTB,on our way going he was telling me about Religion stuff that the christianity tempered the Bible and remove and add into the word of God. This are what he stated why christianity worshiping is wrong

1. Jesus is not the Son of God-God does not have a child
2. Noting like three in one God- Only God nothing like Holy Spirit and God the son
3.Why is it that the Revelation Changed when Jesus was born-the Quran and the Bible was going smoothly during the creation of Adam and continues during the time of law of Moses.
4.Why is that Christians find the old testament Old and only talk about the new testament and in terms of money they remember the law of moses which brought the paying of tax
5. He said the way Muslim worship is the way it is stated on the bible which he proved by opening the bible to NEHEMIAH chapter 8 verse 4 which practically he did it.
6. He also brought out the Holy Bible and opened to the Preface of the bible and this was written; the king james version has grave defects. By the middle of the nineteenth century."It has a defect that it has to be serious revised"

My opinion

1. God handed everything to his Son Jesus chris even Matthew tells us that God the Father had all things handed over to Jesus. All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father,and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him ( Matthew 11:27).
2. Even John the baptist Confirmed it Saying in bethany beyond jordan I am not the Christ I am the voice of one crying in wilderness,' make straight the way of the Lord.before the lord appears to him which he said; this is the Lamb of God who will take away the sins of the World.
3.When he asked his disciples that whom did people call the son of man,they answered him saying some say that thou art John the baptist; some, Elisa, and other Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He say unto them, but who do you say that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, thou art the ,the son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him,bless art thou Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it to you,but my father which is in heaven.Matt 16:13- 17.

4. The evil spirit also confessed to him to be son's of God before he was sent out by Jesus in the gospel of Mark 5:1-7.There are many verses to
back it but let me stop it here .
May God count us worthy to enter his kingdom
(Amen)

Please your contribution will be helpful to me
From your boi Micheal Chris(SKINDU)
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Of God??? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
1. John 1:1 and Heb 1:5

2. 1 John 5:7

3. 2 Tim 3:16

4. 2 Tim 3:16

5. John 4:23-24

6. The Spirit gives interpretation and guides into all Truth. You can get Strong Exhaustive concordance of the Bible for your version.

If you need any explanation on the verses given above or you find something which seems to contradicts (which in actual Truth does not) kindly ask.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Of God??? by Kei144(m): 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2015
0micheal735:

He told me he had a bank problem during his staying in Akure so we decided to sort it out before moving back, so I prepare going to GTB,on our way going he was telling me about Religion stuff that the christianity tempered the Bible and remove and add into the word of God.

Which word of God did Christianity tamper with? Is it Quran that came six centuries after Christianity had taken root?
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Of God??? by 0micheal735: 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
Kei144:

Which word of God did Christianity tamper with? Is it Quran that came six centuries after Christianity had taken root?

The king james version review that the Bible has a deep defect which means mistakes that it has to be revised by scholars
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Of God??? by NumberOne2(m): 12:55am On Jul 18, 2015
This is the problem of Christians today. Everyone is an EXPERT. Apostle Paul warned:

But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. - Titus 3:9

Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. - 1 Timothy 1:4

Start studying the bible you have. Trust the Lord to guide you. He will direct you to get ANOTHER bible if need be.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Of God??? by 0micheal735: 10:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
Tankz I really appreciate your advice...

(1) (Reply)

Babatunde Raji Fashola Comments On 'radical Islam'. / Why Is It That Many Secret Cult People Attend Church Most/often Calls Lords Name /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.