Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,539 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position (15816 Views)

My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer / My Employer Is Threatening To Sack Me Because I Am Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
atmy:
Imagine. I secretly gained access to the company's official email on Friday and people are already submitting CVs chai!
Encourage yourself in the Lord bro and believe that you won't be fired. and if you are, God will surely make another way for you.
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
horexy:

Space booker undecided Wetin dey always 'shak' una to book space? Is dere any prize attached to it?
...If you ask me, nah who I go ask
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
atmy:
Hello folks. I recently realized that the company I work for has been advertising vacancy for a job position that is exactly as mine. I was surprised to even see people talking about the job on nairaland and receiving interview invitation. Please what does this mean. Although i am not perfect but I have been working hard for this company. Do you think they are trying to get rid of me?
It could either mean they want to let you go or a promotion to a higher position. If they want to let you go,they better let you resign honourably.
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Emeka71(m): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
atmy:
Hello folks. I recently realized that the company I work for has been advertising vacancy for a job position that is exactly as mine. I was surprised to even see people talking about the job on nairaland and receiving interview invitation. Please what does this mean. Although i am not perfect but I have been working hard for this company. Do you think they are trying to get rid of me?
They are obviously trying to replace you. A minutes silence for your job.
atmy:
atmy:
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by cirmuell(m): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
Eeya embarassed
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Emade(m): 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2015
Just expect either of this two PROmOTion or SaCk what ever be d decisoin remain faithful n hardworking.
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Skoopy(m): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Two things are involved..

It's either dey wanna take u off d seat and demote u OR promote u.

So start praying 4 d later..
Sister, more than two things are involved :

It is also possible that the company wants to reduce the work load on him.

You also won't want to eliminate the possibility of the company firing the OP.

Anyway wish the OP the very best.
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by LEXYCOM: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
Summit your cv and application letter also for the same job......cos u are about to be fired......but don't worry, u have upper hand to be re-employed because of ur experience in the job
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Daresh(f): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
atmy:

Use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by jeremiah92(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2015
Haahaaha...chairman you funny oh....how you want us to know....just go ask your boss or the chire man.... i guess he will know better than us......tell him uv been seeing advert about your possition and you dont understand. He should explain if there is any reason for you to start preparing to go....
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2015
LEXYCOM:
Summit your cv and application letter also for the same job......cos u are about to be fired......but don't worry, u have upper hand to be re-employed because of ur experience in the job
This is really funny. Am quite close to the office assistant to HR manager cos we are kind of dating. She said they think am not experienced enough for the job. What am thinking is that they want to bring a more experienced person over me in the department. But if there is someone doing the same thing am doing in the company, is my job not at risk?
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Evergreen4(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
Op, what's the e-mail address, I want to apply for the job too. Who knows.....
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by peedeeasobie(m): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
Advertise their own position too!
If they advertised your own, advertise theirs also!

Advertisers!
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by themytope(m): 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2015
atmy:

Congratulations!, ur promotion is near
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by architez: 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
oluface:
Threat

Architez here. I think FTC is a throwback to when Seun was the only one who posted topics. Back then it probably meant something (eg that u have the fastest phone, etc.) Now it means absolutely nothing. Infact it is a negative - it indicates an unemployed and probably brainless person who wastes a lot of time on NL. The only person who deserves any accolade, if any at all, is the poster of the thread.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
buygala:
A moment of silence for the op's job sad sad

Op is welcome to join me as an apprentice in my Gala business smiley
lol. Mutumin u no get joy at all
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Demostical01(m): 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
No your boss wants to promote u ni jare.
Just make sure you pack all your properties from that office . grin

Before the arrival of ur transfer letter to Gala and Lacasera hawking nigeria limited .
Won ti get e wahalai. grin
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by histemple: 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
Sometimes I wonder if this kind of a question really needs an answer. It's just like asking if you are the coach of Barcelona FC and they are looking for a new coach, what does it mean? For asking this question alone, you are justifying your company for declaring your position vacant. Obviously, you have been working hard and not working smart.
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by pbs4real(m): 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
360ng:
It can only mean two things.
1. You are due for promotion and he wouldnt want to leave your seat vacant.
2. You have lost your job .
undecided
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Ultimate001: 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
They most likely want to retrench u or simplify ur work by employing an assistant or co-worker.
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by ikeonyeka(f): 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
iyke926:

It's work hard and not pray hard.

It's work smart and not work hard.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by catalanscrew(m): 7:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
It means you're about to get an assistant
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 18, 2015
ikeonyeka:

It's work smart and not work hard.
lol...yeah, you right.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by tabisegroup(m): 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
amani337:
dey want to promote u
grin gringringrin
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Tobium1(m): 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
viceldo:
may be they are tier of you or your performance in office are very poor
And your grammar is very very poor

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Lexcom20(m): 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
Bros, 2 tinz involved- is either u r fired or promoted. Datz all
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Eshiettk(m): 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
It means, he feels you're bored and is trying to create a 'EVE' for you.
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Dhotseal(m): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2015
viceldo:
may be they are tier of you

Amazing grammatical construction...!
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by RealEstate34: 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ok oo! in other news, Lands as cheap as 750,000 Naira for sale at "33" and Nkwelle outskirts of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by Fxwarrior: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
atmy:

It means the oloshos wey you bin dey brag about don use ya destiny play kalou kalou.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by tobtap: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
buygala:
A moment of silence for the op's job sad sad

Op is welcome to join me as an apprentice in my Gala business smiley
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position by NobleG1(m): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2015
atmy:

It means you're on your way out because you suck at the job!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Addax Workers Lock Out CEO, Colin Klapa, Begin Strike / Earn #1000 Daily On Scooper App / Why I Love Marketing (selling) Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.