Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? (2114 Views)

LAPTOPS with TOUCHSCREEN / KEYBOARD LIGHT at CHEAP PRICES / How Do I Connect One Printer To Different Computers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by Ndeewonu: 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
Please, help!

I have this USB cable that has two similar (USB) ends. By this, I mean both terminals of the USB cable have the flat end that plugs into the USB port of the computer. 

I have tried to use this cable to connect (and share files across) two of my laptops, but "no show!" The both laptops cannot find each other and nothing can be transferred. 

Am I doing something wrong? Are such cables not meant for this? Is there any other thing I need to do?

Please, I need advice from the Gurus here.
Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by moshod23(m): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
pls i need visual studio 2013 software wer can i get it. pls txt d place i can get it 2 gbadamosimoshood5@gmail.com or whatsapp me on 08122842424
Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by Lexusgs430: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2015
Why not simply save files to cloud? And have access wherever and on has many platforms as you desire?
Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2015
moshod23:
pls i need visual studio 2013 software wer can i get it. pls txt d place i can get it 2 gbadamosimoshood5@gmail.com or whatsapp me on 08122842424

www.getintopc.com

You can always get it there
Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by dajoaneke(m): 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
after laughing real hard at your attempt i can only advice u get a J45 cable

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by khalhokage(m): 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ndeewonu:

Please, help!

I have this USB cable that has two similar (USB) ends. By this, I mean both terminals of the USB cable have the flat end that plugs into the USB port of the computer. 

I have tried to use this cable to connect (and share files across) two of my laptops, but "no show!" The both laptops cannot find each other and nothing can be transferred. 

Am I doing something wrong? Are such cables not meant for this? Is there any other thing I need to do?

Pics of the cable please, I hope you didn't do join join and expected it to work
Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by Ndeewonu: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
dajoaneke:

Please, explain further! Don't laugh at me oo!
Which one is J45 cable? How does it differ from the USB cable?

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by Starships4u(m): 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2015
A network cable rather than a usb cable would help
Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by Ndeewonu: 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
Starships4u:
A network cable rather than a usb cable would help

Really? Will it work that way? I thought a network cable will need a switch or hub, or something to be able to function.

Anyway, I will try with my network cable. Luckily I have one.
Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by Ndeewonu: 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
Lexusgs430:
Why not simply save files to cloud? And have access wherever and on has many platforms as you desire?

That will require Internet connectivity. I was thinking of an easy way out, just like transfer from a laptop to a smart phone or vice versa.
Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by shawlxAk(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ndeewonu:

Please, help!

You should get a USB-USB networking cable and not just any ordinary USB-USB cable. It has a small chip in the middle that facilitates communication between the two PCs.

Or get an ethernet cable.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by Ndeewonu: 4:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
dajoaneke:

I just googled. Thank you for stimulating my brain. I never knew network cable is called RJ45 cable.
I am very grateful for this new learning.

Just like starships4u suggested, I will try out the network cable later when I get home. I pray it works.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by Lexusgs430: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ndeewonu:

That will require Internet connectivity. I was thinking of an easy way out, just like transfer from a laptop to a smart phone or vice versa.

Tried bluetooth connectivity? I personally now don't like wired connectivity, as much has I can, I go wireless!!!

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by dajoaneke(m): 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ndeewonu:

I just googled. Thank you for stimulating my brain. I never knew network cable is called RJ45 cable.
I am very grateful for this new learning.

Just like starships4u suggested, I will try out the network cable later when I get home. I pray it works.
pls forgive my rude remarks... RJ45 works just fine. You can also use a serial cable to extend a laptop screen or duplicate your screen on another computer, I dont know if it works with data transfer though.
There are file share applications that transfer data faster than bluetooth using Wifi connection. Its a good thing asking questions to what you dont understand.
I'll also research on usb connection as you inquired. Anything is possible.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by osazone1(m): 12:03am On Jul 19, 2015
Lexusgs430:
Pls how can someone save files to cloud and access them wherever whenever?
Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by Lexusgs430: 12:23am On Jul 19, 2015
osazone1:

Pls how can someone save files to cloud and access them wherever whenever?

Simply download Dropbox, register and send all your files to cloud.
Remember your username and password, and sign in anywhere, your files would be waiting for you.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by osazone1(m): 9:50am On Jul 19, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Simply download Dropbox, register and send all your files to cloud.
Remember your username and password, and sign in anywhere, your files would be waiting for you.
Tnx bro..., noted

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
op pls allow me. Affordable UK used smart TVs of different brands available here. www.nairaland.com/2429110/uk-used-smart-tvs-affordable
Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by eddyland: 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ndeewonu:

use this method describe here and thank me later cos u will end up throwing the cables away and it does the transfer at the speed of light, just same way your phone flash share work
http://highteknology..com/2015/07/how-to-transferreceive-files-wirelessly.html
Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 21, 2015
Lexusgs430:
best answer, simple.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? by holuphisayor(m): 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ndeewonu:

Please, help!

use wireless connection.... it can even share internet connection between the two pc's

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Cooling Fan / Apple Ipad 2 and 3 16gb With Sim Slot @ 30k / Laptop External Battery( Up To 20 Hours), 4 All Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.