Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Learn A New Word Today. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Learn A New Word Today. (524 Views)

See The New Word Added To Webster Dictionary / Oxford Dictionary(new Word Alert) / Breaking News! Oxford Learner's Dictionary Has Added A New Word To The Dictiona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn A New Word Today. by peeta89(m): 7:28am On Jul 19, 2015
Good morning and happy Sunday to everyone out there. What exactly do we do on Nairaland or any other platform?

Do we just read posts, insult, comment, share or just like? It may interest us to know that from every post we read, there are lot of new words we come across in the course of reading such post.

I will urge us to take a step further by taking note of such words pause a little and check up the meaning of that particular word from the dictionary or our mobile phones.

Even if we listen to radio, watch TV or read newspapers we should cultivate this habit.

By so doing you are building your vocabulary daily and when we speak people around us will feel it.

I joined Nairaland in May and I developed this habit and decided to share this with us so we can learn a thing or two. God bless us all and do have a great day ahead.
Re: Learn A New Word Today. by Israel5(m): 7:52am On Jul 19, 2015
Hodor!

(1) (Reply)

Old Memories / Why C&S Leader Converted To Islam 45-year-old C&S Leader, Mr Afolabi, Has Conve / PDP Accuses Buhari Of Being Dictatorial Over Saraki’s Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.