Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! (5767 Views)

Private Car Hire / Private Car Hire In Ibadan / Executive Private Car Hire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by leniboy: 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2009
hello everybody,i have read the topics on this section and i know you can help me with my enquiry,i have a honda crv presently in lagos state which i have put up for sale but have not gotten any credible buyers,so i am thinking of registering it and using it for private car hire services in lagos,please is there anyone who has an idea how much i can expect monthly or a rough estimate?

i spoke to a man at the sheraton hotel in ikeja and he said about 60,000 naira monthly, please if you have any idea contribute as i have to make a decision very soon thank you all!!
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by babeisme: 5:55pm On Mar 11, 2009
hi leniboy,
i wouldn't do it. 60k a month sounds okay, not the best for a crv. And that's if the driver doesn't come up with stories each month as to why it'll be less than 60k. "someone bashed me", "tire deflated", "battery ran down" etc. if i were you, i'll close my eyes and just sell off the car even if it means taking a little loss. i cant tell you how much loss most yankee dealers have taken since this whole naira/dollar wahala. Ultimately, its up to you and what you prefer, toro toro or kobo kobo ; smiley. i mean little little bits or a whole!
goodluck sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ leniboy

Am assuming you're not based in Nigeria? If that's the case, be very careful when it comes to setting up a business if you're not there to oversee things yourself.
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by promise72(m): 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2009
3 words. DON'T DO IT![b][/b]
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by cvibe: 8:22pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ poster

Simply install CCTV inside your vehicle. That way, you can tell how your business is being run.
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by promise72(m): 8:29pm On Mar 11, 2009
cvibe:

@ poster

Simply install CCTV inside your vehicle. That way, you can tell how your business is being run.

Asking a Fox to guard the chicken? Why the hassle? Stories will arise for sure. Video spoil. How will u access the tapes/recordings?
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by ilaugh1: 8:31pm On Mar 11, 2009
thats the right source to learn about registration etc - ask the private car hire guys at the airport, sheraton or anywhere u see them - unless you want to be using it for kabukabu - in which case no registration is needed.
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by leniboy: 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2009
babeisme:

hi leniboy,
i wouldn't do it. 60k a month sounds okay, not the best for a crv. And that's if the driver doesn't come up with stories each month as to why it'll be less than 60k. "someone bashed me", "tire deflated", "battery ran down" etc. if i were you, i'll close my eyes and just sell off the car even if it means taking a little loss. i cant tell you how much loss most yankee dealers have taken since this whole naira/dollar wahala. Ultimately, its up to you and what you prefer, toro toro or kobo kobo ; smiley. i mean little little bits or a whole!
goodluck sir!
thank you very much for your contribution and i appreciate it,i just decided on that option because the car was just laying there without getting sold and i was advised it could get spoilt if its not used,so i thought it might be better registering it and using it for private car hire,but your comments are totally right and im rethinking my options now
wwheelz:

@ leniboy

Am assuming you're not based in Nigeria? If that's the case, be very careful when it comes to setting up a business if you're not there to oversee things yourself.
thanks bro,im not based in nigeria but the company that gave me the quote was based in sheraton hotels and i was of the mindset that they r reputable,but i really dont know as you r right on the dangers
promise72:

3 words. DON'T DO IT![b][/b]
pls have you had any experience?pls do share so that ill know the pitfalls
cvibe:

@ poster

i dont think that will be practical,my thinking is that surely others who live abroad do this business and dont regret?
i_laugh:

thats the right source to learn about registration etc - ask the private car hire guys at the airport, sheraton or anywhere u see them - unless you want to be using it for kabukabu - in which case no registration is needed.
i cant use it for kabukabu because its not naija used,its a tokunbo car and never been used in nigeria so you can imagine wat kabukabu use within 2 months will do to the car,the company that gave me the quote is at sheraton,but like babeisme and others have said,im not sure if they r honest enough to deliver on the long run
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by MrCrackles(m): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2009
cvibe:

@ poster

What are you talking about?

U gotta be kidding me!!

CCTV inside one car?!

Na wa oo!
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by lucabrasi(m): 2:27pm On Mar 12, 2009
try other car hire outlets in your immediate vicinity and compare the prices,also make sure you sign a binding contract and read in between the lines especially concerning repair and general maintanance of the car and you should have someone that ll supervise the driver
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by bluechild: 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2009
@leniboy,

Car hire business is good business, if you do it right.

Actually, you can make N5000 daily on your car if its on corporate hiring, being used in car pools of companies ( Telecoms and oil).

This sums up to about N150k monthly. So the N60k deal is a rippoff.

Most times, you have to pay your driver and maintain the vehicle by yourself.( this is better for control).

You can also make more if your car is used on overtime (depending on the deal).
In summary, its not a bad idea to do car hire, its just to have the right company to deal with.

Unfortunately, i cant give you any leads, i just have the experience coz i've worked for a long time with companies that employ services of car hire companies.
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by babeisme: 2:52pm On Mar 12, 2009
lennnyboy,
email me and i can give you 2 phone numbers, one for a lady i know who runs a car hire service for companies (it'll be a one year lease and the company pays you directly 10k per day). However, you pay your own driver and maintainance fees but they fuel the ride.
2, phone number to a dealer i trust 100% that'll sell ur car in 2 weeks or less. email me babe_isme2@yahoo.com and indicate you are lennyboy in ur subject pls so i can read it! smiley

1 Like

Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by bluechild: 3:12pm On Mar 12, 2009
@babeisme,

nice gesture!

10k/ day is fantastic! highest i've seen is 8k/day.

i think the car hire option is better for our friend.
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by leniboy: 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2009
@bluechild
thanks a lot for the information and headsup,ill consider it and i am actually calling nigeria now based on you and babeisme's informations as soon as i reply thiS
@babeisme
thank you very much for your help,i will email you right now,im at work and our network is blocked off to chat facilities but i can reply your messages,i agree with bluechild that the car hire option is better,especially as i am not in need of the money anytime soon. i have sent you a message presently

thanks everybody for the awesome suggestions as you have lifted my spirits from the way i was feeling earlier on you gys are the best and GOD BLESS U ALL,please if anyone has any more suggestions bring it on.
@bluechild and babeisme
if it all works out,i owe you gys a bottle of pink champagne anytime you r in the uk or nigeria grin
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by leniboy: 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2009
@babesime
thank you my sister,dont mind all these419ers prowling on here,my email is the hotmail and i have replied you,i called your link already and we have talked aparently the impostor had already called claiming the same thing
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by yomade007(m): 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
Car Hire Services:::,
Head office, Agbowo shopping complex, Opposite U.I gate, IB...,
Lagos Branch::, Aso Rock Garage beside KAI office Oshodi...,
Tel:
Car hire or experience driver available at affordable price::,,,
if you need car for party or you want to take drop- ibadan to lagos {Airport} or within ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by OsineyeODavid: 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
Car hire business is good have been in the business for the past 3yrs so far. My boss that i served i did it with all my heart. God should just give you somebody to manage the business well for you. I can handle the business for you in Lagos. My contact are osinniyi@gmail.com,osinniyi@yahoo.com
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by kunleabiola: 2:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hi, I have been following your trend on this post, am interested in this business but with mainly on passenger transport buses ( 18/16 seater ). can someone please let me know how and where to start. preferably to be be based in Oyo state and evirons
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by samchide(m): 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
Vics Caps services
Car Leasing, Provision of Drivers for individuals and corporate organizations

Vics caps services- hire service Nigeria offers low prices and a wide range of vehicles. We offer a comparable offers from leading car hire services . Combining offers from several providers you can usually choose from wide variety of cars, depending on your preferences and your passenger and baggage quantity requirements. However, please note: not all of our cars are available at all times. Our location base is in Asaba delta state Nigeria , we travel all over the nation

Address: Ambassador Leo Okogwo off DLA road Asaba Delta State.

Phone: +234 80 39289786 BLESSING.
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by DoraKay(f): 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2016
U can rely on Skylite Logistics who deal on private car hire,executive car hire, ceremonial hire etc. Are u going to the airport,beach,event or what have you,just give a call to Mr Francis on 08038900796 and u re at your destination because ur comfort is their priority
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by businessguide: 11:19pm On Mar 10, 2018
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by abolajidammy: 6:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
good afternoon house , am in need of a car for lease , am into egg business and I need a car I can hire for my business and I will pay on a monthly basis please any one with any can contact me on 08066594912 please treat as urgent
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by OmotolaPhay(m): 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hi everyone, i have a Toyota matrix i use for hire. I drive myself haven't been getting much out of it. I need Information on where to register so i can be getting a good deal for my trip.
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by Chigozie105(m): 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
OmotolaPhay:
Hi everyone, i have a Toyota matrix i use for hire. I drive myself haven't been getting much out of it. I need Information on where to register so i can be getting a good deal for my trip.

Where do u base. Even lagos or Abuja why not try register with Uber or Taxify. If in south east chat me
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by clays: 9:11am On Jun 08, 2023
You can try these guys below, they are based in Lagos. Their cars are pretty cool and convenient
www.connecttaxi.ng
Re: Pls,info On Private Car Hire In Lagos! by toastmagazinenigeria: 3:56pm On Mar 28
You can rent a car from NAIRAXI. Check them out https://nairaxi.ng/car-hire-in-abuja/ or https://nairaxi.ng/car-hire-in-lagos/

(1) (Reply)

2003 Peugeot 307 From Cotonou;price:1.35 M Naira;see Pix,+229-99748098 / 1995 Golf 3(red Colour) For 600k, Automatic Gear,pictures Included / 2003 Toyota Corolla Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.