Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,353 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

5th Facebook Fiction Competition : Read, Comment And Vote - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 5th Facebook Fiction Competition : Read, Comment And Vote (539 Views)

MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) / Drop A Comment And I Will Design A Book Cover: FREE. / Let's Talk About The Etisalat Prize For Flash Fiction Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5th Facebook Fiction Competition : Read, Comment And Vote by opeldexter(m): 10:02am On Jul 20, 2015
FLASH5: RESOLUTION.
DAY 1.
Lights come on to Instalok singing 'Win The Fight' in the background.
'My damage is higher than the sky
And if you manage to survive
I will press "R" and end your life
There's nowhere to hide'
Soogun Omoniyi enters to a big pop and chants of 'Soobaba!!!' He strides up the ramp, fists pumped in the air. He steps into the circle, flings his jacket into the crowd and screams like Warrior.
The crowd goes wild.
The light flickers then spotlights on the ramp. Nelly's 'Here Comes The Boom' starts blaring:
"Here comes the (BOOM!)
Here comes the (BOOM!)
Here comes the (BOOM!)
Ya'll don't really want it now (BOOM!)"
Explosions echo in the distance and the entrance's glass door shatters and Hymar David walks in. To a huge pop.
He strides towards the arena in brisk, bobbing steps. The camera zooms. His T-shirt says TAKEDOWN TIME!
Announcer's voice: Welcome to day 1 of The Flash: Resolution aka Flash5 pitting FEC Champ Soogun against Hymar. For five days, they will be writing flash fiction stories and you all will be casting votes against and for.
I especially like this Flash because of the history between the duo. They have met twice previously and Soobaba won both. Hymar will be looking to end Soogun's undefeated run in Flash battles while Soogun will be eager to kill Hymar's Flashing career. Shit can't get any R.E.A.L.E.R than this.
Today's stories are based on a theme which I will state at the end of the stories( make I no spoil suspense na) and the word limit is 400. With spaces for 10 more.
The RULES ARE:
1. Read both stories and say what you think of them. Criticisms? Critiques? Famzings? Badbelleisms?.
2. Vote your favourite of the two(eg I VOTE story 1)
3. Edited comments to change votes are considered void.
4. Do NOT mention who you think wrote which. Such comments will be deleted. Mentioning names will foster biased voting.
5. Do NOT copy and paste the stories and absolutely DO NOT BLOG them without permission. Beware the Block button
6.Soogun and Hymar are only allowed to comment to tag their friends.
7. Tag your buddies, do not whine about tags. Tag yourself.
Let The Madness Begin. Amen.

Copied from Hymar's facebook post. you read the round one stories, vote and follow the 5 day bout at https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=936888796349955&id=100000865297273&set=a.163300187042157.27805.100000865297273&comment_id=937094672996034&_rdr

(sorry, the link is long, posted this from my mobile)

(1) (Reply)

Mother's Beatitude...........mc Gbishan / Feminism! / The "Do It Little" Syndrome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.