Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

..... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / ..... (827 Views)

Lets Start A Real Web-deveopment Course Here Html+css+javascript+php+mysql / Were Can I Download Free Video Tutorials On Javascript Or Ruby / My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by Kodejuice: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
Blah Blah Blah :/
Re: ..... by PrinceRondo: 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
you never download video
Re: ..... by Kodejuice: 10:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
PrinceRondo:
you never download video

i'm nt a novice , most of the videos related to javascript are beginners based, or are they any advanced ones u knw.
Re: ..... by thewebcraft(m): 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Read Head First JavaScript

1 Like

Re: ..... by blueyedgeek(m): 7:40am On Jul 21, 2015
Mastering Javascript won't come just by reading a few books bro, yes it would make you quite knowledgeable on the theoretical side of things but in order to truly master any language, you have to deliberately practice.

Deliberate practice is different from just practice, by practicing you are staying in your comfort zone and honing already existing skills but deliberate practice involves going out of your comfort zone and into your learning zone once again.

For book suggestions:

* You don't know Javascript by Kyle Simpson (it's a series of books actually, just Google it)

* High performance Javascript (can't remember the author's name, Google it sha)

* Secrets of the Javascript ninja by John Resig

* Search for Eric Elliot's book on Javascript (I can't remember the name right now)

* Pro Javascript for Web Apps

* Human Javascript (it's an online book, Google it)

About finding it hard to start a project, that could be something else entirely. Before starting out on any project, you must be able to clearly identify what you are trying to do, lemme tell you about the 4 p's of problem solving (you can adapt it to starting a project)

Preparation

Planning

Performance

Perfection (doesn't mean said project would be perfect though, there is no such thing)

The main point is starting a project boils down to clearly identifying what you are trying to do and then working from there.

About being unable to solve coding challenges, don't let this bug you down, instead of pulling yourself down, search for solutions to said coding challenges and study them until you understand how to implement them yourself. Might I suggest http://codewars.com for practicing and improving on solving coding challenges.

By the way, I just started learning Ruby in order to get better at Javascript (odd right?)

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Top 3 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A School Management System / Check Out The Mobile App That Provides Packaging Info / Website Design/development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.