Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? (2243 Views)

U.k Used Skating Shoes / This Medical Doctor Beat Them All To Skating In 2017 Lagos City Marathon (photo) / DCUBE SKATING RINK : First Skating Rink In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? by SexyNairalander: 11:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hi everyone, i really am sad and not so happy with the way skating in nigeria is being ignored, and i want to say this now. All sports are risky the question now is 'are you ready to take that risk'?, am an inline skater and i have notice people don't see the fun in skating instead they see the risk and i must say skating in enugu is very poor with little or no sponsor(i don't know of other states sha). In this nigeria i see lesser inline skating competition/tournament and i wonder maybe our sport ministers/leaders know of such existence compared to other counties that hold so many events to encourage people.

Am opening this trend to know how you guys feel and also what can be done to improve inline skating in this county........thanks for contributing.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? by papadjaji: 11:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ok. Brb.

*modified*

Manytimes, we see/hear things but we just refuse to grab. For me, the "what if something goes wrong" comes b4 the positives. By that I mean do we have the medical facilities to save your life if things go bad? If no, then you must realise that your life in one piece is more important.

Wish you luck though.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? by SexyNairalander: 11:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
grin grin grin

Re: Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? by SexyNairalander: 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
papadjaji:
Ok. Brb
ok i dey wait you
Re: Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? by papadjaji: 11:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
SexyNairalander:
ok i dey wait you

grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? by dddrexjr(m): 11:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
i prefer skate boarding tho,buh d problem is nigerian roads are too good for skating,u dig
how u wan skate for sand n pot holes??
Re: Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? by SexyNairalander: 12:13am On Jul 21, 2015
papadjaji:
Ok. Brb.

*modified*

Manytimes, we see/hear things but we just refuse to grab. For me, the "what if something goes wrong" comes b4 the positives. By that I mean do we have the medical facilities to save your life if things go bad? If no, then you must realise that your life in one piece is more important.

Wish you luck though.
what medical attention do they give to cyclist, power bikers e.t.c, skating is not above them you know
Re: Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? by SexyNairalander: 12:18am On Jul 21, 2015
dddrexjr:
i prefer skate boarding tho,buh d problem is nigerian roads are too good for skating,u dig
how u wan skate for sand n pot holes??
i understand you bro but here in enugu the roads are good and i have not heard of any skater getting injured on the road before, plus if the government can just help us in creating a good training facility e.g a good space, helmet e.t.c then i think it will be highly appreciated and encouraging.
Re: Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? by papadjaji: 7:44am On Jul 21, 2015
SexyNairalander:
what medical attention do they give to cyclist, power bikers e.t.c, skating is not above them you know

I believe you knw what i mean.
Cycling is good. Skating is better, except for those who love to cling to fast moving cars.

How many bikers come out the same after an accident?

But then, you need to create something powerful and colourful for people to reckon with the sport.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? by dddrexjr(m): 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
SexyNairalander:
i understand you bro but here in enugu the roads are good and i have not heard of any skater getting injured on the road before, plus if the government can just help us in creating a good training facility e.g a good space, helmet e.t.c then i think it will be highly appreciated and encouraging.
lols,most skuls don't provide d facilities n d grounds, i tink d skuls ar to blame
Re: Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? by Horus(m): 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOr1WgExWYo

[size=14pt] Inline Skating - Lagos, Nigeria[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Fight Break Out Between Hazard And Five Other Real Madrid Stars / Meet Babatunde Aiyegbusi The Nigerian Polish Wrestler That Rocks Yoruba Agbada / How China Train Their Children To Win Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.