Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,585 members, 7,958,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:40 AM

What's Your Take On This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Take On This? (1969 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On This? by chomytex(f): 9:39am On Jul 21, 2015
Why do some kids{even adults}call their mothers “aunty”
Nland mothers what are the causes?
Re: What's Your Take On This? by shalomm: 9:39am On Jul 21, 2015
i called my mother aunty......
Re: What's Your Take On This? by chomytex(f): 9:44am On Jul 21, 2015
Why?
shalomm:
i called my mother aunty......
Re: What's Your Take On This? by shalomm: 9:46am On Jul 21, 2015
chomytex:

Why?

My mum's Niece's Nephew and cousin called her that...so when i was given birth to, i end up calling her that. not just me, my younger bro also... but now that we are adult, we find it hard to call her mum or mummy.....

BUT WE LOVE HER TO DEATH
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2015
I am an exception!
Re: What's Your Take On This? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:47am On Jul 21, 2015
chomytex:
Why do some kids{even adults}call their mothers “aunty”
Nland mothers what are the causes?

Well....I noticed it mainly occurs with single mothers...and it's for obvious reasons. Like my ex, her kid always called her aunty, but she knew she was her mother.... I dunno about people in family homes tho.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by chomytex(f): 9:51am On Jul 21, 2015
So that people won't knw that she already had a child or wat?
JeffreyJamez:

Well....I noticed it mainly occurs with single mothers...and it's for obvious reasons. Like my ex, her kid always called her aunty, but she knew she was her mother.... I dunno about people in family homes tho.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by chomytex(f): 9:53am On Jul 21, 2015
Hmmm ok I guess that's the reason
shalomm:

My mum's Niece's Nephew and cousin called her that...so when i was given birth to, i end up calling her that. not just me, my younger bro also... but now that we are adult, we find it hard to call her mum or mummy.....

BUT WE LOVE HER TO DEATH
Re: What's Your Take On This? by shalomm: 9:55am On Jul 21, 2015
chomytex:

Hmmm ok I guess that's the reason

yeah... she is not complaining though..... cause the love we have for her overshadow all.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:56am On Jul 21, 2015
chomytex:
So that people won't knw that she already had a child or wat?

I think so
Re: What's Your Take On This? by chomytex(f): 9:59am On Jul 21, 2015
Hmmmm..ok
JeffreyJamez:

I think so
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Utchgirl(f): 9:59am On Jul 21, 2015
Atimes, it's nt dia fault bt d mother's. In my vicinity i hv seen wia a small boy is calling her biological parents broda and aunty instead of dad and mum respectively. The reason is simply because d whole children in dt compound use 2 call dem broda and anuty. So d little boy shaperly followed dia mouth . U knw kids learn very easily 4rm dia fellow. All tins being equal, it's d mum's duty 2 be correctinng d little boy whneva he calls dem by dt name. Bt guess wht ? D woman hardly does dt, saying dt he will change 2 calling dem by dad and mum whn grows up.

Unfornately, d boy grow up still calling dem by broda and aunty. Now they r Five in number (4 boys and a girl) All of dem follow d line of dia elder broda in calling dia parents broda and aunty. They r all grown now. D first 3 are all in higher institutions .
So d mum is 2 be blamed here. She fail in her duty.This is a case of sparing d rod and spoiling d child. Evn d Bible made us 2 knw dt we shld train a child in a way he shld grow, so dt whn he is old,he wil nt depart 4rm it.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On This? by chomytex(f): 10:10am On Jul 21, 2015
Nawao brother and aunty?..intresting.
Utchgirl:
Atimes, it's nt dia fault bt d mother's. In my vicinity i hv seen wia a small boy is calling her biological parents broda and aunty instead of dad and mum respectively. The reason is simply because d whole children in dt compound use 2 call dem broda and anuty. So d little boy shaperly followed dia mouth . U knw kids learn very easily 4rm dia fellow. All tins being equal, it's d mum's duty 2 be correctinng d little boy whneva he calls dem by dt name. Bt guess wht ? D woman hardly does dt, saying dt he will change 2 calling dem by dad and mum whn grows up.

Unfornately, d boy grow up still calling dem by broda and aunty. Now they r Five in number (4 boys and a girl) All of dem follow d line of dia elder broda in calling dia parents broda and aunty. They r all grown now. D first 3 are all in higher institutions .
So d mum is 2 be blamed here. She fail in her duty.This is a case of sparing d rod and spoiling d child. Evn d Bible made us 2 knw dt we shld train a child in a way he shld grow, so dt whn he is old,he wil nt depart 4rm it.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Utchgirl(f): 10:19am On Jul 21, 2015
chomytex:

Imagine dt naah !

It's nt proper at all .
Re: What's Your Take On This? by thorpido(m): 10:23am On Jul 21, 2015
It happens a lot where the mother is a single mother like jeffreyjamez said.In such families,the grandmother is often the one that the child looks up to more as a mother and the mother is often okay with the status quo.
In other families,it's because they hear other relatives calling them that.The parents ought to correct that as they grow up however.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by chomytex(f): 10:31am On Jul 21, 2015
Nt proper at all!
Utchgirl:

Imagine dt naah !

It's nt proper at all .
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 21, 2015
Victoriabee yuh obsession wit
lolaredvelvet knowz no boundz
therefore d feelin iz mutual hoooe

yuh will never forget me
yuh will never get ova lolaredvelvet

ashaaaaaawo lyk yuh
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 21, 2015
all Victoriabee does is
liking her own commentz
wit various alternate
monikerz
teenage bully

yuh got exposed on d derailerZ thread
lyk d baby ashaaawo yuh are!
Re: What's Your Take On This? by dangotesmummy: 10:59am On Jul 21, 2015
Op its usually the grandma that starts it .She tells the child that's your aunty and I'm your mom. So the child grows up with the lies and when he's eventually told his grandma is his grandma and his supposed aunty is his mother it is always almost impossible for him to stop calling his mom aunty. His psyche has already been used to that
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Feranchek(m): 11:30am On Jul 21, 2015
chomytex:

Hmmm.... quite interesting.

My cousin used to call her mum aunt back then, buh she grew up and changed!! So, I can't really blame the mum to larger extent. Buh still, they're to be blamed.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by chomytex(f): 11:37am On Jul 21, 2015
Y calling her aunt in the first place?
Feranchek:

Hmmm.... quite interesting.

My cousin used to call her mum aunt back then, buh she grew up and changed!! So, I can't really blame the mum to larger extent. Buh still, they're to be blamed.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Feranchek(m): 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
chomytex:

Y calling her aunt in the first place?

Na watin we dey call her na... so she copy am. Lol
Re: What's Your Take On This? by chomytex(f): 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
Nobody ogini?
Victoriabee yuh obsession wit
lolaredvelvet knowz no boundz
therefore d feelin iz mutual hoooe

yuh will never forget me
yuh will never get ova lolaredvelvet

ashaaaaaawo lyk yuh
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Uchwilliam(m): 7:10am On Jul 30, 2015
We call my mum sister
Re: What's Your Take On This? by OAMMB(f): 8:08am On Jul 30, 2015
You used the word kids.
Kids follow the trends they meet on ground
i believe when they grow older they will know the difference.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by chomytex(f): 1:00am On Aug 01, 2015
Sister kwa? Odiegwu o...guess ur dad will be“brother”,lol
Uchwilliam:
We call my mum sister
Re: What's Your Take On This? by chomytex(f): 1:01am On Aug 01, 2015
Nt only kids bt adults inclusive.
OAMMB:
You used the word kids.
Kids follow the trends they meet on ground
i believe when they grow older they will know the difference.
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Uchwilliam(m): 7:23am On Aug 01, 2015
chomytex:
Sister kwa? Odiegwu o...guess ur dad will be“brother”,lol
Na we call him daddy cos he cautioned us mum didnt i guess
Re: What's Your Take On This? by chomytex(f): 7:30am On Aug 01, 2015
Ur dad did the right thing...guess ur mum was just indifferent about the whole tin.
Uchwilliam:

Na we call him daddy cos he cautioned us mum didnt i guess
Re: What's Your Take On This? by Uchwilliam(m): 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
chomytex:
Ur dad did the right thing...guess ur mum was just indifferent about the whole tin.
Ya

(1) (Reply)

Relocation Sales...abule Egba / I Can't Sleep This Life Is So Very Confusing / Is It Proper For A Married lady To Send The Love Emoji To Thank Another Man? Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.