Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,556 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:56 PM

Nysc: It's Manifest-gains And Lasting Effect! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc: It's Manifest-gains And Lasting Effect! (586 Views)

Why You Need Not To Consider Writing CV Now -long Lasting Investment / Xplug Technologies NYSC IT Training Programme 2016 / After NYSC, It's Still Morning, Start Now With Your Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nysc: It's Manifest-gains And Lasting Effect! by fison(m): 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
This scheme (NYSC) wasn't an error afterall. It's establishment towards the fostering of our unity and continuity as Nation-State doesn't evolve either as an understatement or exaggeration but a chronicle of reality and truism.
With my experience, I hold that NYSC has successfully won me over, establishing this passionate bond between me and the East...Igbo people.
Frankly, I am from Osun State, South-Western part of Nigeria.

I grew up in the western part of the country; schooled in the South-West(UNAD, now EKSU) before graciously certified to embark on the compulsory National Service to serve my father-land in 2013.
Upon the notification of my State of NYSC posting, friends and subordinates regarded my posting an embarrassment but it wasn't afterall.

I served at Madonna Secondary School (a Catholic school), at Ugwuakuma in Arochukwu Local Government of Abia State, where life was so pleasantly beautiful to me.
The bottom line is that I enjoyed the best of the Igbo's.

My host community treated not only me but others in special ways. They love me and accommodated us, we love them in return and got to know more about their special and unrivaled culture.
The food combination, nature and language are altogether superlative!
Abia (Aros' precisely) people are kind people who treated us like kings and queens.
Na small remain self, I for no come home again but nostalgia for home prevailed. Because the meals cum soups; and more importantly their "products" are second to none. Nna enh, those factors odi too much (lol)!
Nnamabia; Ashurumgi; kedu koodu; ebelebe mfe; obi onmwa; Nwokonemfe; etc all na the language.
Flavour, weterem the music? I will prefer Ada-Ada or anyother one.
Igbo kwenu; una too much abeg!

(1) (Reply)

Stream1 OYO State Corpers Based in Rivers Lets Meet / Graduate Job Abuja: Apply Urgently / Breeno International Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.