Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Site Review For Web Directory - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Site Review For Web Directory (685 Views)

Lagoslabs.com Site Review / Colorbox / Thickbox / Critical Site Review / Site Review: Naija Lingo (pidgin English Dictionary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Review For Web Directory by mycode(m): 7:31pm On Mar 12, 2009
Hi OmniPotens and yawa-ti-de,

Kindly review this site http://www.webdirectorysubmit.net. Please disregard the dollar currency stuff as I am still working including naira payment as additional form of payment.

Thanks

mycode
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by yawatide(f): 7:55pm On Mar 12, 2009
1) Top left: "page rank": what is that to a lay man? I think a lil description would help.

2) Personal opinion: I think you could use some better color combo. Try http://www.colorcombos.com/ for ideas

3) http://www.webdirectorysubmit.net/faq.html - 404 error

4) I think you need to better present "popular categories" on your pages. The way it is now, it always shows up at the very bottom and I think ppl might miss it.

Good luck!
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by mycode(m): 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2009
Thanks very much for yur advice. That will be sorted out ASAP

mycode
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by mycode(m): 8:38am On Mar 13, 2009
Yawa-ti-de,
Thanks very much. I have done a bit work on this overnight. Pls have look. I have to redisgn the logo. Omnipotens and DHTML, pls what do yu think about the site. I will also appreciate yur input.

Thanks to everyone

mycode
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by mavtrevor(m): 10:43am On Mar 13, 2009
I think its a great piece of work, but you have to work on the Dollar thing as you said, Then i guess you will add more categories.
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by mycode(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2009
Thanks very much for yur advice, That will be done as well

mycode
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by segsalerty(m): 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2009
Nice job, wink
Content management ?
Coded?
Hen?
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by mycode(m): 2:37pm On Mar 17, 2009
segsalerty:

Nice job, wink
Content management ?
Coded?
Hen?

Thank very much segsalerty

mycode
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by segsalerty(m): 4:46pm On Mar 17, 2009
@mycode
whats going on ? why thanking me? have i offended you anyway with that question pls ? am just wondering ! thats alll , not critisizing !
pls, understand me and accept my apology ,

My mouth sealed !
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by OmniPotens(m): 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2009
I love the layouting. It is nice. Colooration is okay but the green to me seems so bright. I don't know what others feel about it. I've not taken a proper review though but wanted to let you understand that I wasn't ignoring your post please. Just that I have lots handling on my desk now. As I get into the web further, I still review and get you more info.
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by mycode(m): 12:17am On Mar 18, 2009
Thanks OmniPotens ,

I appreciate yur response out of your tight schedule. And thanks for the comments. Will still be looking forward to get the final review when yu have time.

Please dont overkill yurself with work smiley
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by OmniPotens(m): 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2009
I'm always around though in silent mode. I just read and observe and talk just where necessary. It pays for my time and everything. Just keep on with your work.

Cheers!
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by mycode(m): 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2009
I suggest that guys website owners and webmasters can submit their websites to our web directory.

mycode
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by mycode(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2009
mycode:

Thank very much segsalerty

mycode
segsalerty:

@mycode
whats going on ? why thanking me? have i offended you anyway with that question pls ? am just wondering ! thats alll , not critisizing !
pls, understand me and accept my apology ,

My mouth sealed !

segsalerty, No I mean I appreciate your comment. I really do not mean any negative to what yu said. I just pass a complementary to you.

The good thing is that the site has witnessed good traffic level with some good income (won't mention in this forum) and within 2 months of operation, already has 2 google ranking and on also on 2 page of google out of 41,900 pages.
Thanks to everyone, OmniPotens, yawa-ti-de, mavtrevor, segsalerty  for your  advice and comments. Though has not come so easy, cos I had to apply all the SEO techniques to attract traffic as well.
Re: Site Review For Web Directory by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 04, 2009
Good job you are really doing there. . .

(1) (Reply)

Many Problems! Webmasters Gurus! Rescue Me! / Who Has Nice Taste? / Complete Web Designing Course For Just Few Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.