Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Oldest Copy Of The Qu’ran Ever Found In Birmingham, UK - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oldest Copy Of The Qu’ran Ever Found In Birmingham, UK (678 Views)

The Old Testament Is Rigorously Monotheistic (and So Is The Qu’ran) / 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing / The First Muslim Lollipop Lady In Birmingham! (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oldest Copy Of The Qu’ran Ever Found In Birmingham, UK by thisisbankole: 10:29am On Jul 22, 2015
Researchers have discovered parts of what is thought to be the oldest copy of the Holy Qu’ran.

The manuscript has reportedly been at the library of the University of Birmingham for over 100 years.

According to researchers, the fragments are at least 1370 years old.

Carbon dating carried out on the pages, which were written on animal skin, put the date of origin between AD 568 and 645.

According to a religious professor at the University, David Thomas, the pages might have been written just a few years after Islam was actually founded.

“According to Muslim tradition, the Prophet Muhammad received the revelations that form the Koran, the scripture of Islam, between the years 610 and 632, the year of his death.”

Professor Thomas said: “The person who actually wrote it could well have known the Prophet Muhammad. He would have seen him probably, he would maybe have heard him preach. He may have known him personally – and that really is quite a thought to conjure with.”

See a scan of one of the pages below.

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/07/oldest-copy-of-the-quran-ever-found-in-birmingham-uk/

Re: Oldest Copy Of The Qu’ran Ever Found In Birmingham, UK by yaolad: 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmmmm,May Almighty ALLAH punished whosoever that stand to be tarnish the image of islam....You will never succeed in doing such....Islam is a religion that has been complete....No adding and no removal......Am proud to be a muslim......I am pleased with ALLAH as my lord,with islam as my religion and prophet (SAW) as my prophet...

(1) (Reply)

PICTURE: Pastor Fails To Ressurect After Telling Family Members To Bury Him Aliv / Can Dreams Be A Tutorial On Death Experience? / Where Did Nigerian Pastors Loose It(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.