Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 (34824 Views)

5 Megabyte Hard Drive Being Shipped Out IBM 1956 (picture) / Picture Of 5 Megabyte Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, IBM 1956. / A Pic Of 5MB Hard Drive Being Shipped Away In 1956. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by philfrey08: 8:22am On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmm....o chim o...
FTC on page two....

Dedicate this to all passersby!!!
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by xamster(m): 8:22am On Jul 23, 2015
aye ti advance cool
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Ayanko(m): 8:23am On Jul 23, 2015
Its even possible to swallow 40gb now.
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by tolexy007(m): 8:23am On Jul 23, 2015
corperscorner:
k
Well done oo
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Ranchhoddas: 8:23am On Jul 23, 2015
Inspiring...
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by adjoviomole(m): 8:23am On Jul 23, 2015
grin lmao........imagine if u want to put dis inside u phone grin

1 Like

Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Holuwadammie(m): 8:24am On Jul 23, 2015
:oShooooo shocked
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by refreshrate: 8:24am On Jul 23, 2015
jamex93:
Hahahahahaha

5mb b like 50kg of cement

Lwkmd

They said it weighs over a tonne.

50kg of cement is one tonne oga?
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by oloriooko(m): 8:25am On Jul 23, 2015
Ogbele oooooooooo
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Joshcoli(m): 8:25am On Jul 23, 2015
This type don't crash easily...

1 Like

Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Noah13: 8:25am On Jul 23, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:
See security and people on top 5mb !! grin

If I could go back to the past, I'll travel there with 32GB hard drive to show them grin
They will be like WOW! how come? those guys would fall on their knees and worship you saying 'all hail the all intelligent'.

1 Like

Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Drabrah(m): 8:26am On Jul 23, 2015
jamex93:
Hahahahahaha

5mb b like 50kg of cement

Lwkmd
Did u read d footnote? Or u jst "read" only d pix?
OP said it weighed over a ton, meaning it's over 1000Kg.
If it's 50Kg it wudn't b needing a carrier 4 transporting it.
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Judeoxide(m): 8:26am On Jul 23, 2015
Winna01:
ok.. That means 1gb would ave been an airplane
comparing the size of that thing..I will say ,A fully loaded Us war ship..to 1TB

1 Like

Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 23, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:

If I could go back to the past, I'll travel there with 32GB hard drive to show them grin

I can make you go back there if u really want to
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 23, 2015
Winna01:
ok.. That means 1gb would ave been an airplane
Titanic
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by joganut(m): 8:27am On Jul 23, 2015
the same way future generations will look back at our time and laff in amusement.... i love technology... i cant wait to see what the future holds in store for us...

1 Like

Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 8:27am On Jul 23, 2015
Kelvin0:
very very funny..... 500GB then would have been the size of alaba market...... how time flies grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lolzzzzzzzzz u funny die....

1 Like

Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Sanuzi(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2015
Wow
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 23, 2015
That's why i wonder why people keep opening their mouths wide hearing stuffs like 50 terabytes, Petabyte, Exabyte, Zettabyte, Yottabyte. People will not even need storage devices soon.

[b]Meanwhile Read this...........

143 millions lines are connected today in Nigeria, more than half of that are making use of the internet service on their Smartphones, PC's and Tablets. Almost all of that average use more than 1 gigabyte worth of data monthly. That is, the normal Johnny on the street probably spends an average of #2000 surfing the web every month and #24,000 yearly. The amount goes higher when you move up a level higher to you and me. What are we doing with the data? Just scrolling through pages, viewing pictures and videos or actually doing something that could boost our financial status.

While some people may argue that people just want to buy data to do these, i have no problem with that. But i am aware there is no man on the planet who is comfortable with where he is. Human wants are insatiable, thus the hunger for improvement in every sphere of human nature. If you are one of such persons who has gotten to that point where you just don't feel right being on a Trillion Dollar per month platform which is the internet and not even able to make a single dollar off it, then this is for you.

Join fiverr today with your valuable mobile data and start making money working from your living room. Fiverr is the world's foremost website for freelancers selling their skills starting from $5. That is $5 is the basic amount you can start selling a gig but you can have gig extras of upto $100, $200 and you can be making more than $1000, $2000 selling your skill on fiverr every month! For some people this may be too good to be true but it is true and hundreds of thousands are making money off it every day. However, those who make money on fiverr are not unskilled individuals who jump in because of the benefits it offers. Those who make money on fiverr are those who have taken time and effort to develop hot, in-demand skills and that is what we want to show you to develop this skills. You will receive professional training to teach you how to create an account and Gigs specific to each of these 5 hot service you would like to learn, which are:

Article Writing
- Learn how to write Unique, SEO optimized articles for businesses from all over the world.
- Learn how to deliver your articles professionally with positive feedbacks and high ratings.
- Receive training on getting repeat orders and promoting your gigs.
- Learn How to offer additional related services like Press Release writing, Reviews and Proofreading $ Editing.

Graphics Design
- Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop to design 2D, Kindle, 3D ebook covers, Logos, Banners, Business cards, Header Graphic, Landing Page, Facebook and twitter cover images and so many other graphics designs.
- Learn how to offer your basic graphics design gigs as well as your Gig extras that can rake you more than $500 to $1000 every month on one account alone.
- Learn how to design Professional Portfolio with samples of your work to attract big buyers.

Web Designing
- Learn how to become a professional Wordpress Website Designer and Developer.
- Learn how you can get proper domain names and get cheap quality hosting.
- Discover how to customize plugins, install widgets, Design web graphics, generate contents, add Ecommerce store and so many other functions.
- Designing Landing Pages and Squeeze pages.
- Find out how you can sell your different web design service options listed above for more than $100 gig extras each!

Video and Animation
- Learn how to create commercial videos for businesses
- Learn how to use Video Scribe software in creating Whiteboard videos(the type of video used by Nigerian banks) and Using Video Maker FX in creating explainer videos.
- Learn how to add Voiceovers, special effects to these videos and what kind of Gig extras can sell in this service.

Social Media Management Service
- Learn the intricacies of the highly profitable Social Media Management business.
- Learn how to create various social Pages and managing them.
- Develop professional interaction skills to help you turn fans, followers and friends into customers for your clients business.

If you wish to know more about each service please visit our training page @ Brilliantlights Media Training Page All of the services training have been produced as hours of videos and tools which have been packaged in DVD's so participants can all enjoy the lessons from the comfort of their homes. What are you waiting for? Get on board this money raking train by getting your own package now @ Brilliantlights Media Training Packages Shop[/b]
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by espn(m): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2015
Luizkid:
but today you can hold 8gig on the tip of your finger...
Moral of the story... Nothing last forever.
nah..moral of the story.. don't attach too much importance to something.. because today's bugatti might be tomorrow's keke napep..

2 Likes

Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by ogwomba(m): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2015
Chasing the dime
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Kelvin0(m): 8:31am On Jul 23, 2015
adesewa4uyahoo:
lolzzzzzzzzz u funny die....
*****winks****
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by JW214: 8:31am On Jul 23, 2015
Feranmicharles:
Buh I tell you,the files that this 5MB can store on it , 32gig of 2day can't store it

#IronyOfLife

Buh the thing funny ogrin
See as dem carry 5MB gringringringrin presently sef,person no fit carry laptop with 250GIG like dat,just your baggrin

5MB of data will remain 5MB even after 50 years. Data doesn't shrink unless compressed... so don't say 32GB hard drive capacity of today is lesser than that of this 5MB hard drive

4 Likes

Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by billy187(m): 8:32am On Jul 23, 2015
To think my crappy (and late) china phone had 20 times internal memory! Wow...

1 Like

Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Nicepoker(m): 8:32am On Jul 23, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:

the 32gb u bought or the one u produced?
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by eduxerxes: 8:32am On Jul 23, 2015
Luizkid:
my very tiny memory card is 32gig...now that's what we call technological rEVOLUTION!!!
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 8:32am On Jul 23, 2015
Stelvin101:

I can make you go back there if u really want to

How? shocked I smell a fish ... Infact a rat lipsrsealed
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 8:33am On Jul 23, 2015
Nicepoker:
the 32gb u bought or the one u produced?

The one I bought grin
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:35am On Jul 23, 2015
A great engineering feat at the time... Why are you guys laughing?grin

1 Like

Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by braine(m): 8:35am On Jul 23, 2015
Luizkid:

8gig?? Yesterday I held 4TB in my hand! Wow! Things CHANGE!
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by Nicepoker(m): 8:41am On Jul 23, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:

The one I bought grin
lol during that time the 32gb u just bought never existed.
Re: 5mb Hard Drive Being Shipped Out, Year 1956 by bigiyaro(m): 8:42am On Jul 23, 2015
Luizkid:
wetin be 8 gig? My oga get 128 gig san disc. Bt tins dey change o. Am sure d guys dat built dat 5mb go bet dem life say 512 mb go big like syk scrapper or its impossible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How to Recover My Lost RediffMail.com Password / Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? / My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.