Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Alleged Corruption: I’m Ready To Cooperate With EFCC — Saraki’s Wife - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Alleged Corruption: I’m Ready To Cooperate With EFCC — Saraki’s Wife (465 Views)

Alleged Corruption: Sule Lamido Challenges Transfer Of Case Read More At Http:// / Aregbesola Has A Case To Answer With EFCC / Eco Bank Are Cooperate Thieves. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged Corruption: I’m Ready To Cooperate With EFCC — Saraki’s Wife by talk2smat(m): 8:14am On Jul 23, 2015
The wife of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has said she will respond to an invitation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, and assist the commission with its inquiries over corruption allegations against her. Toyin Saraki confirmed Wednesday she had been summoned by the commission, but denied knowing the motive of the invitation. PREMIUM TIMES had reportedly exclusively on Wednesday that the EFCC was moving against Mrs. Saraki, and Zainabu Yar’adua-Dakingari, the daughter of former President Umaru Yar’Adua, over alleged corruption.

Mrs. Dakingari, also the wife of a former governor of Kebbi State, is accused of N2billion fraud perpetrated during her husband’s tenure as governor of the Northwest State. She was initially expected to report for questioning at the EFCC headquarters Wednesday, but sent words that she was away to Saudi for Umrah (lesser hajj), and pleaded to be allowed to report on ‎ July 27, 2015. She is expected to explain the source of the steady stream of cash into her companies, while she held sway as first lady of Kebbi State.

Mrs Saraki, a source at the anti-graft agency disclosed, was invited by the EFCC in relation to questionable inflow of funds into companies where she has interest, when her husband was the governor of Kwara State. She is expected to report at the Commission’s headquarters in Abuja on July 28, 2015; where investigators have already been assembled to grill her. Mrs. Saraki confirmed Wednesday, following Premium Times’ report, that she received EFCC’s invitation.

She said she “will be delighted to assist them with any lawful enquiries they may have, as a law abiding, transparent and accountable private citizen”. A statement by Akeem Olagoke, the private secretary to Mrs Saraki, said the senate president’s wife had no idea of the intent of the anti-graft agency’s invitation. “Her Excellency, Mrs Toyin Saraki, Founder of Wellbeing Foundation Africa and wife of the Senate President has been informed by her office that a letter of invitation was delivered to her office, by and from the EFCC,”

Mr. Olagoke said. Mr. Olagoke said, “She has directed an immediate and formal response, to the EFCC, that she will be delighted to assist them with any lawful enquiries they may have, as a law abiding, transparent and accountable private citizen.” He added that Mrs Saraki has further confirmed an appointment date to honour the EFCC’s invitation at a mutually agreed convenience.

Credit:http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/187123-alleged-corruption-im-ready-to-cooperate-with-efcc-sarakis-wife.html
Re: Alleged Corruption: I’m Ready To Cooperate With EFCC — Saraki’s Wife by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 23, 2015
undecided
Re: Alleged Corruption: I’m Ready To Cooperate With EFCC — Saraki’s Wife by tymoti(m): 8:17am On Jul 23, 2015
Re: Alleged Corruption: I’m Ready To Cooperate With EFCC — Saraki’s Wife by boboLIL(m): 8:20am On Jul 23, 2015
Fearless woman.....
Re: Alleged Corruption: I’m Ready To Cooperate With EFCC — Saraki’s Wife by Paris007(m): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2015
Stealing is not corrupt,it is called political money movement..........S̶̲̥̅ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ if she said she will corrupt wit the EFCC all join cos dey will still leave her b4................. angry

Re: Alleged Corruption: I’m Ready To Cooperate With EFCC — Saraki’s Wife by philfrey08: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmmm.....
Women and planB

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Caption For This Picture? / President Buhari In France On His 3 Days Visit, Cool Pictures / Media And Negativity In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.