Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Scammed By DSTV - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Scammed By DSTV (678 Views)

How I Got Scammed By A Nairalander On Telegram / I Have Been Scammed By Airtel / How I Was Scammed By Bet9ja (kc Gaming Network) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scammed By DSTV by Teewhy2: 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2015
Can you imagine what DSTV did to scam me.
I am a Dstv user for like 4 years with smart card number 4129171552 and my connection has never been disconnected before since I am always up to date with my payment. I always pay months ahead. I made a payment for my subscription on 15th December 2014 for 6 months, which takes my disconnection date to 21st August 2015. Only to be cut off by Dstv on 21st of July 2015. I visited the nearest Dstv at shoprite ikeja to make complain about this abnormalities only to be told that since there have been increment in their subscription it has affected my subscription because the amount I paid was re calculated with the current rate since April 2015, and the balance in my account is around N1,800 and is not sufficient for a month subscription. I asked if I can use my balance to watch TV for the number of days it covers or pay the balance to complete subscription for a month but I was asked to go to their head office at ikeja GRA to lodge my complain.
I want to ask
1) is the value of money I paid in December 2014 the same with value of money now.
2) if I use my money to buy dollars and keep as at December 2014 and sell in July 2015. Won't I have made more than 25% of the money which is above the increment made by Dstv
3) why are they collecting advance payment or encouraging us to pay in advance when they know that we are not protected with their subscription increment.
4) why didn't they send us a mail or sms that our advance payment has been re calculated and the old subscription date is not valid.
5) if I have paid fully for a service, why should I be denied that service for the period I have paid for, since I have met my own side of the bargain
6) why must I leave my work where I get money to pay for their service to go to their office to complain about my money in their account which is held hostage that they were supposed to allow me use to watch TV for the number of days it covers?
I will appreciate if DSTV allow me use the remaining one month I have paid for which is on the receipt giving to me
Re: Scammed By DSTV by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
Doh

(1) (Reply)

Asaba Airport In Full Operations In Six Months, Okowa / Wow! See What This Man Buried His Mother With (pix) / I Must Sleep With Ronaldo, Wizkid Before I Retire – New President Of NANP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.