Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Memoirs Of A Player - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of A Player (1628 Views)

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) / Memoirs Of A HUSTLER. / The Preacher's Son III: Diary Of A Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Player by Foxybone(m): 3:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
MEMOIRS OF A PLAYER (Part 1)

Destiny has a way of twisting things. I came to know this as early as my childhood could permit me. I was one person who did not toy with my mind in anyway. I was always on my own imagining things. Nothing mattered to me when I get entangled in the web of my world.

So was it when I met this angel one day. Beautiful, slim, tall and dark. She had this pretty smile that comes with a dimple that can hardly be seen if you are not peering closely. Her name, Njideka.

I had come out of the exam hall with this crease on my face. Thinking how much the lecturers had finally caught us. GST 221, terrible people I must say. We had all passed their tests with flying colours and had gone into the exam hall with the same expectation in mind. To say I was shocked is an understatement; I was thrown out of my high horse of self confidence into the mud of heart pounding and regrets. Why did I not read between the lines? Story for another day though.

“Hi”

I said to her the moment she caught up with me. She turned and smiled before turning her head from side to side.

“Joseph, you will never change.”

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t know what she saw or what she had heard about me that made my simple “hi” suspicious. I needed to know more.

“Are you still going to like me if I change?”

I asked innocently; make my voice a pipe feminine. This drew laughter from her.

“You are now forming innocent eh? You that don’t go to church on Sundays.”

Oh, that? I heaved a sigh of relief. I crossed my hand over her shoulder and proceeded to give her a long sermon as on why I don’t like attending churches. I even made reference to my friend Charlie who had said it point blank that he hates Catholics with a reference to their many “occultic” activities as he would like to put them.

“So you see, if only you will come constantly to preach to me, I would one day change.”

I concluded. She only laughed more and said her trademark..

“Wonderful”

I knew I had to change tactics. Things were not working and I needed to get her full attention. I ransacked my head till I got to something I knew she would be interested in. In fact, every girl likes the topic. The four letter words that people hardly appreciate these days if you are not ready to pronounce it with blood ebbing out of your heart.

“I am in LOVE with four girls.”

I know, it caught you people too by surprise as it did to her. She stopped walking to look at my face before smiling and shaking her head. I continued.

“I really don’t know why mine is like that. These girls each possess qualities that are unique to them and what I am searching for in a woman. My problem now is how to combine these four ladies and turn them into a single entity. Make them my own.”

I breathed and waited for her to speak. By then we had covered a considerable distance from the school’s gate.

“Why don’t you make all of them your friends, draw closer to each of them?”

Njideka said smiling. I shook my head, it wasn’t going to work.

“No na, it’s not going to work. How can I make all of them my friends? I love them for God sake and I want to get married to them. You know I have to marry just one.”

This made her to stare at me oddly. I had to quickly add.

“You know that age is not on my side anymore. I am fifty already and I don’t want the situation whereby I would get married and before my child turns twelve, I would be 62. If you get what I mean.”

This made her to shake her head. She wanted to say something but ended up laughing instead. I had to continue the conversation. I was enjoying the laughter and those glances she was stealing at me.

“Let me describe the girls. The first one is in VCA (virtual and creative arts) department, tall, dark and beautiful. Attends DeeperLife. The second is in Economics department. Fair, lovely with a beautiful voice. Attends Redeemed. The third one is a catholic, tall, dark with a shape to die for. Has a beautiful voice and always says wonderful each time she hears something unbelievable.”

At that instance Njideka said:

“Wonderful!”

“The fourth one is Yoruba. Department of sociology, dark and tall. I like all these girls. Just don’t know how to turn them into one lovely woman.”

I ended my speech. There was silence on her part. Maybe I got her, I did not know, maybe I threw my chances of ever getting her eluded me. I just knew I had said my mind. But tell me, who falls in love with four women?

It is I, Joseph Success.

“Why don’t you get closer to her and get to know her, just maybe, you might end up getting her.”

Njideka said as we got to her corner. I had to put on my serious face and stare deep into her eyes.

“I will get close to you and get to know you. Thank God I have always loved you since hundred level. We shall see tomorrow, I have to go back now and join my friends.”

I said as I turned back and made my way to where Wilson and Charlie stood waiting for me. Wilson asked what’s up with me and I replied.

“I am in love with four girls and will make each of them my wife.”

THE END!

By...
Joey Success
(Da Creativist)

(1) (Reply)

[story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 7 / Fortune City Series: The Liquid Wealth. / Aunty Ramota- Fun Series By #bashorun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.