Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

God's Not Dead - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Not Dead (1230 Views)

Look Up To God...not Man! / Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? / Why Does God Not Heal/help Like He Promised? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Not Dead by Expsbterror(m): 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
God's not Dead

As much as his existence has been disproven by Science and Philosophy.

2005 (Lost control of Boat)
2005 July (Fatal Accident)
2000 (Severe Hot Water Bath)
May 27th 2015 (13 man high way Armed Robbery)... .. .. ..
Yet I live grin

Feel free to rep moments in your life that you literally got this conviction & the event

[url]/p4AIqC-6n[/url] #realzone

1 Like

Re: God's Not Dead by An2elect2(f): 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
My own faith transcends the 'natural' kind.

My natural faith when i was without God wasn't too strong and was always subjected to questions, fears and doubts.

But now i believe completely without a single doubt in my heart, without fear or questions that God exists. And this is because of my second birth experience and the witness of the Spirit of God in me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God's Not Dead by benELOHIM7(m): 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
On 28th march last year I woke to someone screaming thief! Thief! Thinking it was one of those petty thieves that Often come around to steal, my roommate sprang out to help chase d guys. I followed him (I was directly behind him), we've not gone 1pole from my room when I heard a gunshot. My roommate dropped while I ran. Cud have been me, just like that. After that incident I knew God's hands were on me. Though am not totally faithful to him but I've built a relationship with him. Thank you YAHWEH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God's Not Dead by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
benELOHIM7:
On 28th march last year I woke to someone screaming thief! Thief! Thinking it was one of those petty thieves that Often come around to steal, my roommate sprang out to help chase d guys. I followed him (I was directly behind him), we've not gone 1pole from my room when I heard a gunshot. My roommate dropped while I ran. Cud have been me, just like that. After that incident I knew God's hands were on me. Though am not totally faithful to him but I've built a relationship with him. Thank you YAHWEH
lol..

And that ur room mate is the scape goat. He deserves to die for god to show u he exists.....

Chai.. Cant stop laughing.. Simple say u re lucky enough and not crediting it to an unknown force called god.

How about me an atheist sleeping with a snake in my room for 2days, yet it didnt bite me.? me...........

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God's Not Dead by benELOHIM7(m): 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
krattoss:
lol..

And that ur room mate is the scape goat. He deserves to die for god to show u he exists.....

Chai.. Cant stop laughing.. Simple say u re lucky enough and not crediting it to an unknown force called god.

How about me an atheist sleeping with a snake in my room for 2days, yet it didnt bite me.? me...........
chai! Sorryyy.... u need divine peace

1 Like

Re: God's Not Dead by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
benELOHIM7:
chai! Sorryyy.... u need divine peace
and u need comon sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: God's Not Dead by Dekatron(m): 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
He is so dead and buried

1 Like

Re: God's Not Dead by johnydon22(m): 8:45am On Jul 24, 2015
benELOHIM7:
This is a typical example of selfishness, barbarism, evil and greediness in belief. . . Your roommate died and you survived so God's hands were on you unfortunately God's hands were not on your roommate thats why he had to die.

I think you seriously need a psychiatric evaluation. . . it was 1 bullet on 2 targets. . .it was either you or your friend and as you said you were behind him, so who exactly was likely to be the mortal target. . .Again, you cannot think!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: God's Not Dead by johnydon22(m): 8:46am On Jul 24, 2015
Dekatron:
He is so dead and buried
Lol i disagree. . . Before you assert something is no more, you have to prove it once ever was

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God's Not Dead by Dekatron(m): 9:56am On Jul 24, 2015
johnydon22:
Lol i disagree. . . Before you assert something is no more, you have to prove it once ever was

Lol... Abi jare.

I used it in a non-literal sense.

I mean, he doesn't exist since beginning & wll remain so. . . . Nice one sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God's Not Dead by Expsbterror(m): 11:02am On Jul 24, 2015
krattoss:
lol..

God's not Dead Pal, it's a choice to believe or not. But the truth remains.
About u living with a snake and it didn't attack. It doesn't mean because u think u are atheist and it didn't attack proves that there's no God and no need of him.
Don't forget most of the issues of animal hostility comes wen humans irritate them in one way or the other . So if u leave them, they wld surely unhurt u
Re: God's Not Dead by benELOHIM7(m): 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
johnydon22:
This is a typical example of selfishness, barbarism, evil and greediness in belief. . . Your roommate died and you survived so God's hands were on you unfortunately God's hands were not on your roommate thats why he had to die.

I think you seriously need a psychiatric evaluation. . . it was 1 bullet on 2 targets. . .it was either you or your friend and as you said you were behind him, so who exactly was likely to be the mortal target. . .Again, you cannot think!!!
you sound empty, very empty. Am not dissing you just so you know. If I hadnt lived in the folly u r languishing in I'd have taken ur words into account. The sooner you find a meaning to ur life the better for u. I wish u peace!
Re: God's Not Dead by davien(m): 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
benELOHIM7:
you sound empty, very empty. Am not dissing you just so you know. If I hadnt lived in the folly u r languishing in I'd have taken ur words into account. The sooner you find a meaning to ur life the better for u. I wish u peace!
How does his atheism make him to lack meaning or joy in life?

2 Likes

Re: God's Not Dead by Weah96: 1:38am On Jul 25, 2015
benELOHIM7:

I don't believe it. A true story would have a detailed description of what happened to your roommate. Is he dead or alive?

2 Likes

Re: God's Not Dead by benELOHIM7(m): 10:20am On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

I don't believe it. A true story would have a detailed description of what happened to your roommate. Is he dead or alive?
he died later. I dont glory in the fact that I survived and my friend died, its just that b4 the incident I was so depressed I'd have gladly taken the bullet in place of him. After everything I thought I'd die, fell terribly ill. It was horrible, death was golden to me. Then I started studying the bible and found out God had plans for me. I cant explain why my friend had to die (he didnt die in place of me), but I can say I didnt die that day for a reason, the reason is to serve God and find spiritual meaning to my existence.
Re: God's Not Dead by kristen12(f): 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
God has been very faithful. Most times I think I don't deserve his love but he has always been there for me. cry cry

1 Like

Re: God's Not Dead by lampardizik(m): 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
krattoss:
lol..

And here they come...

1 Like

Re: God's Not Dead by davien(m): 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
kristen12:
God has been very faithful. Most times I think I don't deserve his love but he has always been there for me. cry cry
stockholm syndrome...

Evangelical Christianity employs the Stockholm Syndrome to full effect. God gains obedience and worship by reminding humans of their utter unworthiness, dangling them over hell, and then “saving” them, in exchange for submission, from the very torments he threatens

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=dKyzVZTjAq3I8Aftto6oCg&gws_rd=ssl#q=stockholm+syndrome+religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God's Not Dead by jayriginal: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2015
Weah96:

Oh it could very well be true. I've been in that situation before. I'll list all my close shaves later grin

In this particular instance, I was face down with the threat of a bullet in the head if I moved. Some guy from Christ Embassy was cabashing gently and unceasingly gradually increasing his intensity until he screamed and rushed out of the building in pursuit of the thieves.
Re: God's Not Dead by Weah96: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
jayriginal:

Oh it could very well be true. I've been in that situation before. I'll list all my close shaves later grin

In this particular instance, I was face down with the threat of a bullet in the head if I moved. Some guy from Christ Embassy was cabashing gently and unceasingly gradually increasing his intensity until he screamed and rushed out of the building in pursuit of the thieves.

The scenario is possible, what makes me doubt the story is the manner in which it was delivered. Very few words described the dead friend, in fact, the story teller simply said that the person fell. Mind you that this happened some time ago and the fallen would have been out of the hospital had he stayed alive.

There is a certain way human beings will tell that kind of story if it really happened. Certain details will be more elaborate than others. I didn't see it here.

2 Likes

Re: God's Not Dead by jayriginal: 7:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
Deleted.

Too much information.

(1) (Reply)

Only Jesus' FINISHED WORK Works - Joseph Prince / Prophecy For Nigeria 2016 / Pastor Caught Dating Young Daughter Of His Church Member. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.