Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,506 members, 7,836,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Attitude Of Nigerian Fathers Towards Their Children In The Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Attitude Of Nigerian Fathers Towards Their Children In The Universities (608 Views)

Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU / Parents Should Stop Doing This Because Of Their Children's Future / Attitude Of Nigerian Fathers Towards Their Children In The Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attitude Of Nigerian Fathers Towards Their Children In The Universities by rhoseti1(m): 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
Honestly,i am fed up with the with the way our parents treats their children in higher education, most especially the parents that were not privileged to attend one.

I can still remember vividly how my dad use to promise heaven and earth if I could gain admission into the university.
Fortunately for me I passed all my exams and got admitted into UNAAB.

First year, money was flowing, I was living an average normal life, at least I didn't beg to survive, I buy my manuals and handouts on time and can even buy for a friend that is cash trapped.

2nd year, first semester was still the same even though i now have to remind them unlike the way I get alert and just call to thank them,second semester, I started to notice they expect me to manage #5000 for a month,if I complain, they will compare me with a family Friend's son schooling abroad and has never called home to ask for a penny.
For crying out loud, Nigeria and u.k or whatever country the boy is schooling is not and and can never be the same(my opinion).

As a Nigerian student,we all know how impossible it is to have a part-time job and attend lectures at the same time, na one u go choose(unaabites understand better).

3rd year, they will be like you are matured enough to understand the situation of things much more than your younger ones, we have to pay up their school and bla bla bla.....bleep understanding! Bleep maturity!!

Were they not paying their school fees during my 100level days when I was still getting 3k per week.

I am pretty sure they didn't go broke as they all use to claim, they just use to have these feelings that we are grown enough to start fending for ourselves.

To cut this short, PARENTS u need to start seeing things from our own point of view, you all want us to understand you without you trying to understand us first, If not for the fear of God, we would definitely have engaged ourselves in so many evil things u warned us against.

Judging from way we are treated, God knows the amount of yahoo boys and runs girls that would have been in Nigeria today if not for understanding and perseverance.....we really wish you know how hard it is out here...still on still....WE LOVE YOU

Greatest Nigerian students! I hope I av spoken the mind of many of us

2 Likes

Re: Attitude Of Nigerian Fathers Towards Their Children In The Universities by raayah(f): 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
We need access to student loans in this country. Most student loans abroad cover tuition, housing and feeding.

It sucks that people who want to succeed in Nigeria are hit with many obstacles.

Op , I empathize with you.

1 Like

Re: Attitude Of Nigerian Fathers Towards Their Children In The Universities by BABAAGBALABA: 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
I

1 Like

Re: Attitude Of Nigerian Fathers Towards Their Children In The Universities by rhoseti1(m): 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
BABAAGBALABA:
I
is this one a new way of booking space..lol
Re: Attitude Of Nigerian Fathers Towards Their Children In The Universities by rhoseti1(m): 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
raayah:
We need access to student loans in this country. Most student loans abroad cover tuition, housing and feeding.

It sucks that people who want to succeed in Nigeria are hit with many obstacles.

Op , I empathize with you.
seconded

(1) (Reply)

UNICAL Post-utme 2015: Date, Cut-off Mark, Eligibility And Registration Details / Airtel Operamini Cheap Browsing / Download Electrical Electronics Project Topics And Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.