Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

5 Things You Should Drop From Your Life Now - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Things You Should Drop From Your Life Now (713 Views)

Learn a Skill that will PAY YOU for the rest of your life / 3 Reasons Why you should drop out from school / 10 Categories Of Jobs That Can Decrease Your Life Span (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Should Drop From Your Life Now by Opetech(m): 7:05am On Jul 24, 2015
There are some things we engage in that often draw us back or prevent us from achieving set goals. The earlier these actions which slow us down in the journey of life are done away with, the better for us.

Life expectancy is short (even shorter in Nigeria), to go through it with excess baggage. Ever wondered why athletes put on light and tight-fitting sportswear? It's because they need to be as light as possible. Man is said to have an average life span of 70 years. The first 20 years (usually 30 in Nigeria) is spent in the walls of the classroom, making mistakes and trying to prepare for the next three decades. The last 10 years is spent winding down. So a Nigerian has an average of 30 years to make meaningful impacts in all ramifications. These period is meant to be enjoyed and gratifying.

So, here are 5 'things' you should as a matter of urgency drop from your life.

1. Negative people around you

Negative and pessimistic people are energy drainers. They don't see anything positive about life. Their thoughts, words, actions and expectations are most times towards negativity, probably due to their unpleasant experiences or how they were brought up. Instead of spending time with such people, focus on the positive people instead. There is no reason to continue to be friends with people who make you feel bad about yourself every time. Now is the time to trash negative-minded people around you.

2. Trying to please everyone

Ever heard of the saying "bad food is made by chefs who are indifferent or who are trying to be everything to everybody?" Are you men-pleaser? I realised late that it isn't possible to please everyone that I come across in life. As someone who has been opportune to lead various youth gatherings, the more I tried to please everyone, the more I upset everyone. I never wanted to get on people's nerves and so found myself displeasing myself to please others. As much as you should be a good person, don't trade your happiness in trying to be on everyone's good records, you only loose in both ways.

3. Saying "Yes" all the time

When saying "Yes" incoviniences your life, say "No" instead. Will you still utter yes if it puts your life on the line. I remembered the song I was taught early in life, don't say yes when you mean to say no".

4. The past

No matter how much you sob and dwell on the past, you can't change it. The lessons can however be valuable as you progress in life. You can make amends, apologize for past wrong doings, the past however remains the past. To avoid been drained emotionally, leave the past where it belongs, which is in the past. The time spent regretting past deeds can be channelled towards productive ventures.

5. Worrying about the future

Perhaps you haven't come across that portion of the holy book which says "which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his life span?" I used to be a worry champion, not until I realised it solves no problem, rather, it aggravates it. I worry about everything, even bizarre things. Imagine worrying about the school my unborn kids will attend. Spend time today preparing for the future. Remember, there is no prize nor crown for a worry champion.

Above are the baggage you need to trash from your life to live a fulfilled life.

http://www.lifebuildingtips.com/2015/07/5-things-you-should-drop-from-your-life_23.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Drop From Your Life Now by momentum85(m): 7:14am On Jul 24, 2015
OP u just spoke to me especially no 5, u're really God sent ds morning cos I feel relieved after reading ds piece.
Re: 5 Things You Should Drop From Your Life Now by Janedoe26(f): 7:17am On Jul 24, 2015
Drop the past but not the lessons.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Drop From Your Life Now by ojkalito(m): 7:26am On Jul 24, 2015
everything mentioned in this post are all part of life,you don't drop them but rather learn to live,cope and deal with them and as for the future you don't worry but plan and let God do the rest which you can't get done

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Drop From Your Life Now by yomi007k(m): 7:42am On Jul 24, 2015
Don't worry about the future but have PLANS for it.- I noticed that most blacks are myopic, dey don't want to live beyond this moment and want to blame someone or something else for their failures.

The Past- if well reflected upon will show u ur errors and that's a library of Experience for u.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Drop From Your Life Now by Opetech(m): 9:26am On Jul 24, 2015
momentum85:
OP u just spoke to me especially no 5, u're really God sent ds morning cos I feel relieved after reading ds piece.
I'm glad the post 'ministered' to you.

(1) (Reply)

2016 World Bank Group Winter Internship For Young Professionals, Washington DC / Apply For The 2016 CBNF Armed Forces Remembrance Day Scholarship Awards Now / 14 Things Every Successful Person Has In Common

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.