Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas (4778 Views)

Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) / The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba / The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
cheruv:

Kwusi itu asi biko! angry
The bloodiest battle of that war was the battle of Abagana,which sealed muritala Muhammad's fate in the war! After the battle, Gowon had no choice but to retire MM from the war.
Another one were the battles of Onitsha..infact Abagana was a direct sequelae of the Onitsha battles.
The worst mistake Ojukwu did was to put Viktor Pancho in charge of the invading force..Pancho paid back that trust by betraying the invading army to the Nigerians who then stopped them at Ore.that was why Ojukwu executed Pancho and his collaborators.If it was the Anioma officer, Nwawo as originally planned, Lagos would've been captured and Gowon forced to flee to Kaduna/Zaria as he was then advised.
Igbos know better than trust yolobas..that's why we agitate for secession kos good fences make good neighbors
@the both of you tell me, where the pride, love,peace and prosperity is in all this claims you both are trying to give to your tribes. Remember, when your saying bloody, you simply mean the blood of our dear brothers and sisters (humans), who were sacrificed for material resources, irrespective of where they are from. Am sure these brothers and sisters of ours who died, had dreams, had people they loved, had goals they wanted to achieve, wanted a peaceful and better future, and many more. But they were not allowed to see any of these because of the war and its destructive nature, that got to there dear live. I hope you both clearly know that this circle of hatred will be contracted by the your/our children.... Hatred that you have all the chance to stop...
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
SonOfEl:

Mr Satan, father of lies.... SOPHISTICATED liar!
I dislike this brother... How am I going to get a conclusion for the reason of this hate from this.... He's a brother... Bro.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
jomoh:

I can see you're a goat and I won't dignify a goat with response again.

Shalom
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
jomoh:

I can see you're a goat and I won't dignify a goat with response again.

Shalom
I dislike this brother... How am I going to get a conclusion for the reason of this hate from this.... He's a brother... Bro.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
I was never here to know any history of war, and how it fared. As a matter of fact, none of you here fought the war...so there is zero reason to claim or begin to repeat any story of war, to look for the delusional achievements achievement those who fought the war had. Am only here to know exactly why the children from these two tribes forsake themselves and miss a chance to love one another, by allowing the actions of those of the past to use them to exert sooooo much cold hate. Hate that has even been showed here. Imagine you both calling anyone suspected to be from these two tribes satan and goat.... though none of it is new to me, the new thing I want now, is a clear and clean cut reason for it. And pleas e tired of hearing anything about the war, cause you weren't the one who fought or suffered it. So as to feel its dreaded effects.

1 Like

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 10:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
davroca16:

Sorry about that bro but if you study the guys words and mine you will have decoded that there's no cogent reason why he should refer to someone as a Devil/Satan. Same way there's no reason for their(Igbo's) hatred.

They are just wired to hate anybody/anything that goes against them eg Yoruba, SS, Hausa, Fulani and even themselves.

There was a thread I commented on early this morning where a lady was complaining about Igbo guys seeing everyone has a threat or an enemy. Obviously after breaking up with one.

They seem to have issues with every other tribe. If you want to confirm, just have a little issue with one of them. That's when you hear the story of how your tribe has wronged them in the past.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
davroca16:
I was never here to know any history of war, and how it fared. As a matter of fact, none of you here fought the war...so there is zero reason to claim or begin to repeat any story of war, to look for the delusional achievements achievement those who fought the war had. Am only here to know exactly why the children from these two tribes forsake themselves and miss a chance to love one another, by allowing the actions of those of the past to use them to exert sooooo much cold hate. Hate that has even been showed here. Imagine you both calling anyone suspected to be from these two tribes satan and goat.... though none of it is new to me, the new thing I want now, is a clear and clean cut reason for it. And pleas e tired of hearing anything about the war, cause you weren't the one who fought or suffered it. So as to feel its dreaded effects.

I was actually drawn into the war thing after I merely gave a likely reason for hatred towards the Yorubas. And I never called the other guy a goat because of his tribe but for calling me names.

One thing I've been repeating since is the fact that they Igbo seem to hate every other tribe even themselves among themselves. This is something I can prove with practical analysis.

Yoruba on the other hand is a tribe that prides itself on "humility" and tends to frown one any little sign/display of arrogance. Something which the Igbo race has in abundance(no offence but fact). Though the arrogance is not intentional cos when you owe your success to no one in particular, you tend to grow a little pride. But whether you owe your success to someone or not, Yorubas don't care. You have to be humble.

Lastly if you think Yoruba and Igbos hate each other then you've not witnessed the hatred of Igbo and Hausa. Just because Hausas are not as vocal as the Yorubas.

Finally the Igbo culture is the most alien in all the major tribes existing in Nigeria(No offence but fact). Every Igbo man is an authority on his own(no respect to any organised authority) cos historically they never had any constituted authority unlike other tribes. Their way of life can best be described as individualism rather than collectivism. This individualism usually result into friction in any community the find themselves that has any semblance of collectivism.

5 Likes

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 10:20am On Jul 27, 2015
jomoh:

I was actually drawn into the war thing after I merely gave a likely reason for hatred towards the Yorubas. And I never called the other guy a goat because of his tribe but for calling me names.

Yoruba on the other hand is a tribe that prides itself on "humility" and tends to frown one any little sign/display of arrogance. Something which the Igbo race has in abundance(no offence but fact). Though the arrogance is not intentional cos when you owe your success to no one in particular, you tend to grow a little pride. But whether you owe your success to someone or not, Yorubas don't care. You have to be humble.

Lastly if you think Yoruba and Igbos hate each other then you've not witnessed the hatred of Igbo and Hausa. Just because Hausas are not as vocal as the Yorubas.

Finally the Igbo culture is the most alien in all the major tribes existing in Nigeria(No offence but fact). Every Igbo man is an authority on his own(no respect to any organised authority) cos historically they never had any constituted authority unlike other tribes. Their way of life can best be described as individualism rather than collectivism. This individualism usually result into friction in any community the find themselves that has any semblance of collectivism.

Thank you soo much brother... You really have invested enough efforts into making me understand.... You have made a clear cut point. though I won't say there isn't anyone out there, who hasn't some level of pride, but I can clearly attest to the level of humility the yoruba tribe has portrayed in many ways... Its only natural if anyone who spends their time investing in ... Humility to frown at anything suspected to be the opposite of it. but over here in rivers/ph, there are those who have a level of pride that even the igbo's cannot compete with..."Believe me... Majority of the children and youths including me most times, walks past an elderly without even saying good afternoon intentionally"... And that is what I have hardly seen in igbo land, not to talk of yoruba land... I can also clearly attest to the good attitudes of the igbo ladies, which most port harcourt ladies find it difficult to practice... Am sure you know just where the yoruba's have their own faults too. Now simply put, these fault is evenly shared among every tribe. Even most of those tribes who does worst, tend to be understood and tolerated by the yoruba and igbos. The only reason I can accept, is: there are equally distributed cultural differences, on these two sides, that has clearly refused their co-existence. But as we know it, that's where tolerance comes in because even other tribes has their own share of cultural differences. So If they can tolerate others, who does worst, why can't they tolerate themselves?...... I refuse to mention the war as a reason. We already know why.

So my clear questions is if cultural difference is the reason, why can't they tolerate themselves even when they have encountered and tolerated tribes with worst cultural differences.? **i am only trying to understand a point**
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2015
davroca16:

Thank you soo much brother... You really have invested enough efforts into making me understand.... You have made a clear cut point. though I won't say there isn't anyone out there, who hasn't some level of pride, but I can clearly attest to the level of humility the yoruba tribe has portrayed in many ways... Its only natural if anyone who spends their time investing in ... Humility to frown at anything suspected to be the opposite of it. but over here in rivers/ph, there are those who have a level of pride that even the igbo's cannot compete with..."Believe me... Majority of the children and youths including me most times, walks past an elderly without even saying good afternoon intentionally"... And that is what I have hardly seen in igbo land, not to talk of yoruba land... I can also clearly attest to the good attitudes of the igbo ladies, which most port harcourt ladies find it difficult to practice... Am sure you know just where the yoruba's have their own faults too. Now simply put, these fault is evenly shared among every tribe. Even most of those tribes who does worst, tend to be understood and tolerated by the yoruba and igbos. The only reason I can accept, is: there are equally distributed cultural differences, on these two sides, that has clearly refused their co-existence. But as we know it, that's where tolerance comes in because even other tribes has their own share of cultural differences. So If they can tolerate others, who does worst, why can't they tolerate themselves?...... I refuse to mention the war as a reason. We already know why.

So my clear questions is if cultural difference is the reason, why can't they tolerate themselves even when they have encountered and tolerated tribes with worst cultural differences.? **i am only trying to understand a point**

The pride I talk about is not in the area of greeting but the tendency to want to boss everyone and be in control even when everyone is assumed to be on a level ground.

On the issue of tolerance, the two tribes have their faults. The Igbos will always naturally see a yoruba as an enemy for whatever reason while the Yorubas/Hausas will always see an Igbo as a dubious person but the bulk of it still falls at the door step of the Igbo folks cos they are not doing much to allay the fears of other tribes because they stop at nothing and spare nothing in their quest for success(wealth).

In view of the above, once there's no trust there can never be tolerance.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
jomoh:

The pride I talk about is not in the area of greeting but the tendency to want to boss everyone and be in control even when everyone is assumed to be on a level ground.

On the issue of tolerance, the two tribes have their faults. The Igbos will always naturally see a yoruba as an enemy for whatever reason while the Yorubas/Hausas will always see an Igbo as a dubious person but the bulk of it still falls at the door step of the Igbo folks cos they are not doing much to allay the fears of other tribes because they stop at nothing and spare nothing in their quest for success(wealth).

I see... So the reason why all these intolerance which has led to hate, has continued, is because the igbo's and yoruba's have been unable to trust themselves.

Thank you very much brother... smiley I think I have gotten enough reason to hold on to, when I see the igbo's and yoruba's forsaking themselves, and letting themselves miss a chance to show humanly love to one another.
That simply means If I can make them trust one another, this blood line string of hate, will begin to face destruction and soon complete eradication...

Knowing this, I feel I can provide a solution, if need be.

Thank you sooo much. This really means a lot to me. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by tsdarkside(m): 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
i have promised to dont pisss off the igbos no more...or else...thunda!!!...
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
davroca16:

I see... So the reason why all these intolerance which has led to hate, has continued, is because the igbo's and yoruba's have been unable to trust themselves.

Thank you very much brother... smiley I think I have gotten enough reason to hold on to, when I see the igbo's and yoruba's forsaking themselves, and letting themselves miss a chance to show humanly love to one another.
That simply means If I can make them trust one another, this blood line string of hate, will begin to face destruction and soon complete eradication...

Knowing this, I feel I can provide a solution, if need be.

Thank you sooo much. This really means a lot to me. smiley

You're welcome bro.

It seems you want to start Peace and Conflict Resolution. Its a welcome development and I wish you goodluck in your quest.

1 Like

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by preetyb(f): 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
I think its is because they have a common bad attitude(betrayal) in their blood. If an isoko girl has a yoruba or igbo friend and they meet another friend who happens to come from igbo or yoruba, the two yorubas or igbos will become very close and push the isoko or other tribe friend to a corner. And this also they do to each other hence the bitterness for each other. It is often said that he that kills with a knife won't allow any one holding a knife to stand at his back.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
It's funny how all the tribalistic comments peddled on this thread were started by Yorubas towards Igbos even when they try to suggest that Igbos naturally "hate" everybody.

Propaganda is a b*tch I tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by Ngokafor(f): 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
jomoh:

...Mr why are you going on and on about 'other tribes'...are you okay at all??..this is about Yoruba and Igbo or cant you comprehend properly?..You are a Yoruba person so i am not surprised you see Igbos as the ones at fault..mscheww!!..

..@op the hatred stems primarily from the civil war were the Yorubas were portrayed as backstabbers and traitors via Awolowo...but I as an Igbo woman have grown past that and have learnt to treat people based on the contents of their character and not were they come from(minus northern muslims based on bitter personal experience as a christian)....My best friend is a Yoruba woman..God bless her.

2 Likes

Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by tpiander: 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
op why did you say bloodline.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
Ngokafor:

...Mr why are you going on and on about 'other tribes'...are you okay at all??..this is about Yoruba and Igbo or cant you comprehend properly?..You are a Yoruba person so i am not surprised you see Igbos as the ones at fault..mscheww!!..

..@op the hatred stems primarily from the civil war were the Yorubas were portrayed as backstabbers and traitors via Awolowo...but I as an Igbo woman have grown past that and have learnt to treat people based on the contents of their character and not were they come from(minus northern muslims based on bitter personal experience as a christian)....My best friend is a Yoruba woman..God bless her.

"Education is that which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish their understanding."

Go back and re-read the comments from the start. This time slowly without your bigoted, hypocritic mind.

Less i forget, remember to read between the lines.

While you're at it, kindly tell us the following, since you claim your hatred towards the Yorubas started from the war because they betrayed you.

1. Why your people and the hausas hate each other so much so much
2. Why your people call the South South people "PROPERTY STEALERS"

I'm tired of educating self made illiterates.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by Ngokafor(f): 10:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
jomoh:

Go back and re-read the comments from the start. This time slowly without your bigoted, hypocritic mind.

Less i forget, remember to read between the lines.

While you're at it, kindly tell us the following, since you claim your hatred towards the Yorubas started from the war because they betrayed you.

1. Why your people and the hausas hate each other so much so much
2. Why your people call the South South people "PROPERTY STEALERS"

I'm tired of educating self made illiterates.

...You are the one who is hypocritical,bigoted and lack basic intelligence.

..You have simply littered this thread with your small minded and self-righteous gibberish.

..This is the last i will quote your nonsense assertions on this thread,you can keep asking silly questions looking for who to engage in your silly back and forth which you lots thrive on..

..bye!!!
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 5:05am On Jul 31, 2015
Ngokafor:

..You have simply littered this thread with your small minded and self-righteous gibberish.

..This is the last i will quote your nonsense assertions on this thread,you can keep asking silly questions looking for who to engage in your silly back and forth which you lots thrive on..

..bye!!!

Chai e pain am well.

Daughter of hate.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 6:08am On Jul 31, 2015
tpiander:
op why did you say bloodline.
because its something I have constantly noticed between these two tribes.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 6:09am On Jul 31, 2015
davroca16:
because its something I have constantly noticed between these two tribes.
based on history and the present.
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by hakeem4(m): 4:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
davroca16:
based on history and the present.
because igbos have no respect for anyone and Yoruba people and respect are like 5&6
To be very honest all ethnic groups in Nigeria hate igbos
You can take a research
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by jomoh: 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2015
I think for the record, it is proper I make it clear where your hypocrisy lies since you are quick to blame the mistrust on the role of the Yorubas during the civil war. Before you go ahead to start telling the whole world the role the Yoruba people played during the civil war, I think it’s good that we let the Op and some other people who don’t know know the events that lead to the war itself. This is what I was trying to avoid and the reason why I told you in my last post to read between the lines which was my subtle way of being diplomatic without necessarily having to narrate the actual process of events that lead to the mistrust but you were so bigoted and hypocritically unintelligent to get the clue.

I didn’t want to appear too blunt for the sake of peace that the op seems to want to achieve but I think it is high time someone told you that you Igbos are the main problem of this great country Nigeria. You are the main reason Nigeria is where we are today because of the following reasons.

1. The first ever coup in the history of Nigeria
The First ever coup plotted in the history of this great nation was carried out in January 1966 by none other tribe than the Igbo nation just to satisfy your selfish interest. Yes selfish interest in the sense that, killed in the coup were the Prime Minister of the federation(A Northerner), the Premier of the Northern Region(A Northerner), the Premier of the Western Region which included Delta and Edo states(A Yoruba Man), and a number of senior military officers(all Yoruba, Hausa and an Istekiri man)-Op this is why I said they(Igbos) just hate everyone not only the Yorubas. No igbo man was recorded as being killed in the whole coup.

Read more here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Nigerian_coup_d%27état

It was this act that resulted in the retaliation/counter coup by the military officers of northern extraction in July 1966. All this later snowballed into a civil war and these hypocrites expect the Yorubas to follow them out of Nigeria after murdering our own people in cold blood and sparing theirs.

despite all this, it was this same people that are first to condemn PMB as a coupist. If that is not hypocrisy, I don’t know what else to call it.

With this act of blatant act of treason against the Nigerian state and its people they set the whole country against themselves. After the war, instead of them to be apologetic they started hating on everyone and anyone that did not support their selfish sojourn.

2. Abolishment of the regional system of governance
After the coup¸ the installed head of state Major General Aguiyi Ironsi single handedly passed a decree that unified Nigeria and effectively marked the end of a regional system of government. As at that time, the abolishment initially favoured the Igbos but when in the long run it turned against them, they suddenly called for independence of Biafra.

Op this is why I said they(Igbos) individually are authorities on their own and have no respect for an organised authority but what tactically embedded in that statement was the selfishness and self centeredness of the igbo race. The main reason for the acronym
I or Igbo
Before
Others.

With this singular act, they set Nigeria into journey of retrogression for decades.
With this singular act, any tribe that gets to the top ultimately has the authority and total control of the resources belonging to all the regions.
With this singular act, the Niger Delta lost the autonomy to control its own resources.
With this singular act, they forced us to depend on each other ultimately making the unproductive regions to survive on the resources of the productive once.

Now they are the ones majorly calling for region/federating states system of governance If that is not hypocrisy, I don’t know what else to call it.

Read More. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_Aguiyi-Ironsi http://www.forumfed.org/en/partners/nigeria.php

Here is a thread calling for their apology to Nigerians by another Nairalander https://www.nairaland.com/2480696/it-time-igbos-apologize-1966

3. Abolishment of fiscal Autonomy
As already stated earlier, the abolishment of the regional system of government effectively marked the end of fiscal autonomy by the each regions of the country. This is the main reason why the Niger Delta Militants has been at war with the FG.

hatred against the Niger Delta for supporting Nigeria
hatred after the war for confiscating their properties reasons why they call them property stealer.

davroca16:
Anytime you see a Niger Delta militant, tell them who denied your region the fiscal autonomy over your resources.

Lastly I apologise for having to write this on your thread against your wish. I hope you understand its necessary that I defend my tribe and myself against the false, malicious and bigoted accusations in the quoted posts. i tried my best to avoid this from my earlier response.

I also hope you have been able to deduce the main reason for the mistrust.

Ngokafor:

Ngokafor:

..bye!!!
Re: Why This Blood Line Hate Between The Igbo's And yorubas by davroca16(m): 6:21am On Aug 01, 2015
jomoh:

Anytime you see a Niger Delta militant, tell them who denied your region the fiscal autonomy over your resources.

Lastly I apologise for having to write this on your thread against your wish. I hope you understand its necessary that I defend my tribe and myself against the false, malicious and bigoted accusations in the quoted posts. i tried my best to avoid this from my earlier response.

I also hope you have been able to deduce the main reason for the mistrust.

its ok bro. Thank you soo much for your effforts

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black People(bantus)-hebrew Israelites,inter-racial Marriage Is Not Good / Native Doctor Address In Benin!!! / Weird! Family Members Take Pictures Of Their Son Having Sex For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.