Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,240 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Exxonmobil Job Scam Alert - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Exxonmobil Job Scam Alert (5607 Views)

Scam Alert: Exxonmobil Job Vacancy Notification / Nairalanders Epic reply to a UAE Job scam / Exxonmobil Job Recruitment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exxonmobil Job Scam Alert by VICCONCY(m): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2015
It all started this way.
In one of these career services blog, I read that ExxonMobil are recruiting and we are to send our CVs to ExxonMobiloil-gas@engineer.com.
The email is quite skeptical but I had to apply to fulfil all righteousness.

Then I got a reply

Attn Applicant,                       
                        Thank you for your interest in our noble Company. We congratulate you and would like to bring to your notice that you have been short listed to join Exxon Mobil oil. After going through your CV; we became interested in your application to work with us.
Please find our job details then download the attachment, interview form and application form for your perusal.print out the forms and Fill the forms and send a copy back to us with your qualification documents.

Exxon Mobil uses an online interview style that is behaviourally-based, which means that we will ask you questions about previous experiences you have had in terms of competencies and technical skills in the attached interview form. This method of interviewing not only allows us to assess your qualifications and fit for potential employment with Exxon Mobil, but it also provides you with an excellent opportunity to highlight your skills and accomplishments in detail.

You’ll also have the opportunity to assess us as a potential organization in which to apply your talents and education while taking on the world’s toughest energy challenges and growing your career.

Sincerely
Mr.James Peterson.
HR Manager.
Exxon Mobil Oil Company
USA.
-----_---------------------

With enthusiasm, I downloaded the forms. Thank God I have my transcript, which are among the things they asked for. Spent days filling the interview assessment form. I have no regret for that consuming my time as it really helped me to assess my self intensively.
I filled the form, scanned it and sent it to them.

Their reply

Attn Applicant,

This is an affirmation that you have emerged Successful and ready to be appointed for the position you have applied for. Our mode of selection was based on the following;

1. CV and qualification
 2. Mode in which your data is being presented on the employment data sheet.
 3. Work experiences.

We employ staff based on four core values namely; Productivity, Talent, Ambitions and Character and we expect all our newly recruited staff to exhibit these core values. We do not interview our applicants online because the available job requires practical actions.

We are moving to the next level of this processing wish is your eligibility to work in the USA because foreigners require a pass to work in the USA. The inquiry is based on certain basic requirements and provides a positive or negative result. A positive result guarantee visa success; it simply means you have met certain basic requirements as determined by the US immigration to live and work in United States.

You have to contact the United States immigration through their email address; us.inquiries.services@usa.com

For approval of your immigrant entry visa requirements and eligibility to work in the United States. An immigrant visa is issued to a foreign national who intend to live and work temporally or permanently in the United States.

We are also attaching a recommendation letter with this mail, Note that you should print out the recommendation letter include your name in the open space with ink and in block letter then re scan and send to the immigration with two passport photos for further procession of your work permit

We are giving you seven days ultimatum to finalize with the immigration on your eligibility to work in the United States.

Sincerely.
Mr. James Peterson.
HR Manager.
ExxonMobil Oil Company
-------------------------------

The recommendation Letter****
ExxonMobil Oil
Address 800 Bell Street
Houston, Texas 77002
Phone (001) 8002416522
July 21-07-2015

To Whom It May Concern

I am writing this letter to strongly recommend Mr. _____________________ for a pass
to live and work in the United States of America. ExxonMobil Oil Company are satisfy with
the under signed because he has indicated his intention to work with us and he has meet
with our basic requirements in becoming a member of our organization. We are prepared
to offer him employment with ExxonMobil Oil Company we strongly recommend the
under signed for immigration approval and pass to be able to work and live in the United
States of America.

Sincerely,
Mr. James Peterson.
HR Manager.
ExxonMobil Oil Company
USA
----------------------------

This is where my suspicion started.

1) the recruitment address should/ suppose to have ExxonMobil as its domain. E.g career@ExxonMobil.
2) The interview assessment form was stamped. An unofficial stamp. The word there reads Approved. Just that. Why was official stamp not used?

3)The recommendation Letter did not bear my name. If they had enough time to type in date why can't they type in the name of the applicant and position applied for. To me, its a letter meant for spamming. They are obviously sending it to hundreds of unemployed youths.

4)Clicking on the ExxonMobil logo on that letter redirects one to a website WWW.dirtandseeds.com/the-dirty-life-of-exxonmobil/.
This particular article exposed some dirty games played by ExxonMobil. Now why should such article be encrypted on an employment recommendation letter?
My conclusion: the recommendation letter was forged and that logo was copied from that website.
Same with the signature on the letter which redirects to www.lejardiniermaraicher.com.

5) The immigration agency's address and the 7 days ultimatum. Due to my curiosity, I searched us.inquiries. services@USA.com but was warned that the domain is privately owned and has no affliation with Govt or Govt agency. But this is the supposed contact to immigration agency according to them and I have to contact them with 7 days. Lol

This is the stage where I am, I think the next stage might be request the payment for entry visa. Lol. Dey don jam Trailer wey carry sand be that.

Please I solicit the help of anyone who has contact of people at ExxonMobil to warn the general public of this recent scam if this is really a scam.

#Be vigilant.
#There are alot of scammers out there.
Don't fall a victim due to desperation

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Any Gtbank Staff On Nairaland? / Orange Insurance Brokers Limited Job Recruitment / Job Vacancies For P.h Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.