Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

First And Last Slices Of Bread! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / First And Last Slices Of Bread! (1265 Views)

Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. / Mark Nsukabag Bread Flood Onitsha Town- Pics / Photo Of How Nigerians Check Expiry Date Of Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First And Last Slices Of Bread! by fathomberry: 11:19am On Jul 24, 2015
Please I don't know if this question has even been asked on this forum, but is it right (or wrong) to eat that 1st slice of bread or even the last one.
Most people I know serve it to their dogs. cry
Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2015
I eat all
Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by delishpot: 11:24am On Jul 24, 2015
Chop nylon join sef e nor be crime as long as you don pay for the bread cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by fathomberry: 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
But most families I've visited don't eat it. Why?
Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by Sandydayz(f): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
grin I really don't.... Cus it's burnt. grin I like to enjoy the middle whatever... U can imagine

1 Like

Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by chinnyness122(f): 10:43pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dats d sweetest part of the bread ooo. I no dey use 'em play cheesy

1 Like

Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by passionate88: 8:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
Me set no know why some people don't eat it
Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
Sum pple dy miss ooo. I won chop am die ni
Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by ibkgab001: 6:59am On Jul 28, 2015
Hygenically it is wrong to eat the first and the last due to most worker at the bakery don't ise glove to pack the bread but uses bare hand which might be contaminated with some bacteria
Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by Ralphlauren(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2015
ibkgab001:
Hygenically it is wrong to eat the first and the last due to most worker at the bakery don't ise glove to pack the bread but uses bare hand which might be contaminated with some bacteria

Rubbish!

So they don't wear gloves to pack the first and last slices but they wear gloves to pack the rest of the bread slices in the middle? undecided

Those that make any sense to you at all?

So basically, the last slice is placed in the bag without the baker/packer wearing gloves, then gloves are worn to place the slices in the middle and then the gloves are removed to place the first slice? undecided

Make you dey try think/reason before posting abeg.

1 Like

Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by Ralphlauren(m): 7:08am On Jul 28, 2015
@ post

I think it's just personal reference.

Sometimes I eat it, sometimes I don't - depending on how "brown" the bread is.

For the un-sliced bread, sometimes I slice off the top and bottom part and bin it.
Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by ibkgab001: 9:13am On Jul 28, 2015
Your intelligent quotient should increased by 10 % with what I said earlier... By the way have you been to a bakery where slice bread is been produced before I give you correct words that will make you lock your Nairaland account permanently you this educated illiterate
Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by femi4: 6:48am On Sep 07, 2015
ibkgab001:
[s]Hygenically it is wrong to eat the first and the last due to most worker at the bakery don't ise glove to pack the bread but uses bare hand which might be contaminated with some bacteria[/s]
No sense in what you wrote there

1 Like

Re: First And Last Slices Of Bread! by ibkgab001: 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
Justify your reason Femi419 grin

(1) (Reply)

Photo Fried Grasshoppers Now Compete With Beef In Borno / Most Hilarious Food Combinations You Have Ever Eaten / Where To Buy Real Doughnut In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.