Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo (79444 Views)

Nickel Discovery In Nigeria: What, Where & Why Nickel Is Used / NASA Confirms Evidence That Liquid Water Flows On Today’s Mars / Another Earth Found By NASA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by ProfTeeUNILORIT: 10:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
valmunich:
Why do I have a feeling that this is cooked?
dont mind dem joor... Do dey tink we r kids dt love listening 2 tales by moon light
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by freeslash: 10:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
So many revelations, still many to come. Science is good. Technology is the eye of a developing country and Nigeria should tap to it.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by sunkoye: 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
If life exits there....They might probably call us Earth 1,000,000.0 cheesy

one thing I know. Either we are alone or we have av company out there. ...Both are scary lipsrsealed
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by kingson001: 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
"But at a distance of 1,400 light-years away, humankind has little hope of reaching this Earth-twin any time soon.
"You and I probably won't be travelling to any of these planets without some unexpected breakthrough, but you know, our children's' children's children may,"
Says Aljazeera news.
So we in this generation should not dream of transiting over there, as our fastest space crafts presently may take 25 million years to get there. I wish something extraordinary could happen now like an innovation. smh!!!

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by akilo1: 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
oya paul ,akpos make una carry all the lagguge make we go stay for that one,this zoo call nigeria don tire man

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by AAinEqGuinea: 10:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
You're telling me that Jesus oversees this planet too? cool

2 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by jidal14: 10:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by bigiyaro(m): 10:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
keep searchin for nothing, God will never show u guys d secret of creation,bunch of ass suckin gays lookin for aliens sins 00 bc.

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Bollove: 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
meccuno:
I hope we don't have a situation where we mistakenly signal some alien dudes who should be left alone with sophisticated weaponry from the planet that wants to colonise us like in the movie battleship.....
That is why we have Nuclear Bombs.
Our Atomic weapons will come handy only Africans may not survive sha.

Our politicians know nothing than Money
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by searider(m): 11:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
If this is real; our leaders will soon start going there for medical checkup.

I feel spending this weekend on earth 2.0

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by eleshin(m): 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
Obiagelli:
Interesting, how much is six plots in the North American area of that planet.

on a serious note, what if there are humans 1 billion years ahead of us in evolution
We will appear like Homo Erectus to them. Enslave us and most likely destroy us.

3 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by whitecloth: 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
Obiagelli:
Interesting, how much is six plots in the North American area of that planet.

on a serious note, what if there are humans 1 billion years ahead of us in evolution
its very rear, I repeat its very rear for someone to think the way you just did, for human to be one billion years ahead of us? that is bewildering.
I can't just imagine it, getting there as a scientists and meeting white and black living in harmony and there technology is 1 billion years distance in knowledge away from us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by cegxie(m): 11:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
kingson001:
"But at a distance of 1,400 light-years away, humankind has little hope of reaching this Earth-twin any time soon.
"You and I probably won't be travelling to any of these planets without some unexpected breakthrough, but you know, our children's' children's children may,"
Says Aljazeera news.
So we in this generation should not dream of transiting over there, as our fastest space crafts presently may take 25 million years to get there. I wish something extraordinary could happen now like an innovation. smh!!!

Forgive my ignorance and enlighten me..

This distance of 1400 light years, is it the distance from earth 1 to earth 2 or is it the distance from the satellite focal point.

How long is that light year from our earth year.

How long did it take the satellite to get to is present distance in space..

Thanks.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by tuzle(m): 11:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
i knew it. So these is where some human being that behave abnormally came from

2 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by tuzle(m): 11:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
Bollove:
That is why we have Nuclear Bombs.
Our Atomic weapons will come handy only Africans may not survive sha.

Our politicians know nothing than Money
dont mind that person that y i alway say, too much hoollywood movies are not good
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Dollyak(f): 11:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
CountKeanu:

Don't tell me you follow F1
Yes I do follow f1. Not a hardcore fan tho.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by sasquareT(m): 11:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nawa oo earth version 2.0
Who says we are alone?
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
Na there a dey even dey comment ds comment sef..glo service for here make sense die.but we don't use mtn here because here is closer to heaven..no wayowayo companies here...
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by tuzle(m): 11:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
op is that th real pix of the planet. because at such distance i doubt a satelite can pick such image as clear as the one you used
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Coldsteel(m): 11:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
django1:

If they(supposed aliens who I don't believe in) were so superior why are we the ones discovering their planet?
And how are you to know if they havent discovered us a billion years ago?

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by omoadeleye(m): 11:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
I just want all this scientist to be careful with the way they are casting our planet. Cause is still under doubting about the existence of Aliens. But acording to what i heard abt some Aliens is that some Aliens resent humans that they kill any human at sight. Cause they are trying to dominate this earth. And what i heard abt Aliens again is that they have more sophisticated and more advance weapon/technology which our own on this plannet cant withstand. So trying to send a signal to outsiders (alien)that we exist is not a good idea cause we never.can tell what we are going to be the imminent. So God has already gave us our room to explore different than us seeking over knowledge which is only limit to this earth alone and is going to be.something of a scrap when you die. So here is all i can say to this.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by PAINGAIN: 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Maybe that's krypton. Clark kent fit dey there o. Make I quickly pack my bags, I wan go get superman powers come back come deal with boko haram sharp sharp.

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by chronique(m): 11:43pm On Jul 24, 2015
Omo,make I go there go start my own country(federal republic of chronique) before america go establish annex for there,dey form super power.

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
Possibility of life; plant can synthesise due to the light from it's star just like it. But it has more gravitational pull that our earth, meaning if a human is there, he/she will feel heavier. It has its orbit in 385 days.

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by kingson001: 11:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
cegxie:

Forgive my ignorance and enlighten me..

This distance of 1400 light years, is it the distance from earth 1 to earth 2 or is it the distance from the satellite focal point.

How long is that light year from our earth year.

How long did it take the satellite to get to is present distance in space..

Thanks.
I regret that I am not as knowledgeable as you think in this subject. I merely expressed my thoughts logically relying on the information provided.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by semitunde: 11:53pm On Jul 24, 2015
RickRichards:

Remember that speed of light is not a measure of time; but a measure of distance. How about using blackholes? Any chance of coming out without getting crushed to dust?

...merging the space-time continuum. Nice.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by temmypotter(m): 12:03am On Jul 25, 2015
Really? This is stale news! Tech and science fanatics like meself have been privy to this info say a year prior to now. I'm astounded to say the veryleast that kepler is coming as news to some people by this time.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by 2tips: 12:03am On Jul 25, 2015
django1:

If they(supposed aliens who I don't believe in) were so superior why are we the ones discovering their planet?
If they have or have not discovered yours, how would you have known?

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 25, 2015
I need a visa to the new planet
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by RaptorX: 12:08am On Jul 25, 2015
NASA (never a straight answer) and their lies, planet my foot. I bet you folks believe they went to the moon too. The whole American illuminati space program is all a pack of lies, no space craft can cross the van Allen radiation belt and the firmament that was described in Genesis chapter 1 that separates the water above from the water below, this is all propaganda and mind control.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Jeromejnr(m): 12:12am On Jul 25, 2015
RaptorX:
NASA (never a straight answer) and their lies, planet my foot. I bet you folks believe they went to the moon too. The whole American illuminati space program is all a pack of lies, no space craft can cross the van Allen radiation belt and the firmament that was described in Genesis chapter 1 that separates the water above from the water below, this is all propaganda and mind control.

Just like an American astronaut said recently, if the moon landing was faked, the Russians would have found out by now.

So Mr. Man stop spewing trash.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by semitunde: 12:15am On Jul 25, 2015
Dollyak:

1. We just don't have enough vital information apart from its orbit, size and location in the milky way.

2. "Entirely possible" none are inhabited?!
But Hmm, in reality, that could be as unlikely as rolling an unloaded pair dice and having it come up sixes, one billion times in a row!

But the number is contingent upon what fraction of such worlds give rise to life... If the conditions match the Earth's, what are the odds that life arises or rarely arises?

Yet, even if it is rare; let's say it only happens once in a million worlds... Given the billions of planets, the odds are quite good, there are many inhabited worlds! After all, a billion is a thousand million!

Plus, if it only happens once every million years, given the billions of years those planets are old--and that there are billions of them--the galaxy must be teeming with life! I hope grin.

3 Jules bianchi was a talented formula one driver who died last week.

I don't know why everyone is looking for all the ingredients of life as we know it on other planets.

Who says black is actually black? Because we named it so? Or that we agree that this will be its name?

Any planet can have any form of "life". Maybe not our type but it will exist, I'm sure of that. There can be other forms of life, human like sef, that can only exist and survive in another type of environment different from what humans can. Made up of amino compounds different from ours; breathing in different gas as available to them; or not even breathing at all!

There's a new theory on what's called ghost particles. Some say it may be made of neutrons. What this means is that, unlike electron in atoms that repel each other, thus making solid object not merge or morph into each other; ghost particles may be made of neutrons. Hence any matter composed of such particles can, say, walk through walls.

My point is, anything is possible. New evidences show that everyday. I won't be surprised if we are variants of another planet's specie, brought here to flourish, with our genome modified to simply suit earth's conditions.

We should not be looking for earth-like planets, we should simply be looking for "life" in all planets.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Starving Lion At Gamji Gate Zoo In Kaduna (photos) / Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix / Meet Rare White Lion With Gorgeous Hairstyle (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.