Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide (4919 Views)

Need Reliable Logistic Company / Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment / I Need Help On Pickup And Dropoff Logistic Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by Youngzedd(m): 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

I would like to know reliable courier that accept PAY ON DELIVERY service and also deliver nationwide at reasonable rate.

Thanks in anticipation.

Cc: Ymodulus, Mayorall, Tyconcept, Davi8, Shinaf, eph12 and others.
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
That may be a little difficult as courier companies move around a lot for deliveries to so many places that the logistics of handling that may complicate their main job.However I Think I remember First Bank advertising a mini POS that can be easily carried around for payments so It may however be a Unique Selling Point for a new courier company or that one of the existing ones can use to grow their business.
Cheers
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by eph12(m): 11:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
Am afraid i know of none nation wide. Unless you're selling through the likes of konga.
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by iMerchant: 11:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
Youngzedd:
Hello Nairalanders,

I would like to know reliable courier that accept PAY ON DELIVERY service and also deliver nationwide at reasonable rate.

Thanks in anticipation.

Pay On Delivery is something logistics company don't like to do because its slow down the effectiveness of the Dispatch rider.

A Dispatch rider that had the capacity to deliver 150 items daily will only be able to deliver 50-70 items daily if he/she collect cash on delivery.

If you do get, they will charge you extra for the service but you will hardly see any. But never say never.

Also, if you are looking to offer Cash On Delivery Nationwide, you should be prepared for some loss due to product returns and unserious buyer who will order just to see if you will deliver what they bought.

Just my 2 cent Boss.

#Smiles

1 Like

Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by Youngzedd(m): 7:24am On Jul 25, 2015
eph12:
Am afraid i know of none nation wide. Unless you're selling through the likes of konga.

Which delivery company do Jumia use?
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by Youngzedd(m): 7:26am On Jul 25, 2015
iMerchant:

Pay On Delivery is something logistics company don't like to do because its slow down the effectiveness of the Dispatch rider.

A Dispatch rider that had the capacity to deliver 150 items daily will only be able to deliver 50-70 items daily if he/she collect cash on delivery.

If you do get, they will charge you extra for the service but you will hardly see any. But never say never.

Also, if you are looking to offer Cash On Delivery Nationwide, you should be prepared for some loss due to product returns and unserious buyer who will order just to see if you will deliver what they bought.

Just my 2 cent Boss.

#Smiles

I know there will be unserious buyers, but call will be placed across before shipping. This will minimise the rate.
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by keshconnections: 7:34am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by eph12(m): 8:02am On Jul 25, 2015
Youngzedd:

Am not sure i know.
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by iMerchant: 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
Youngzedd:

I know there will be unserious buyers, but call will be placed across before shipping. This will minimise the rate.

Good Idea.

Let me share an experience with you.

I once had 2 orders in Lagos. One in Ikota and the order in Ogba.

I called both of them (customers) a day before delivery at 7pm and they both confirmed that we should come for delivery.

I was bored at home so I decided to do the delivery myself. According to my conversation with them, the customer in Ogba said we should deliver before 11am where the Ikota customer said before 3pm.

I got to Ogba at 9am, called the customer that am at his street and will be at his doorstep within 5 minutes, only to meet a shocker.

He told me he his enroute Lekki and was already on 3rd Mainland Bridge and I said No problem because am also heading towards Ikota so I could deliver his order only to be told that he will be heading to Yaba before going to Lekki.

I proceed to Ikota, made the delivery collect my Cash but the first person (Ogba Order) is yet to complete his order till date.

The moral of the lesson, Calls will not guarantee successful delivery. If you have being in this business for a while you will understand that Out of 10 Pay On Delivery Orders you will probably get more returns that when the customers have paid ahead.

Anyway, best of luck with your Pay On Delivery Nationwide arrangement.

Will be glad if you come back to share your experience after 5 months of doing Nationwide Pay On Delivery.

#Smiles

4 Likes

Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by iMerchant: 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
Youngzedd:

Jumia use AIG Express and CourierPlus for delivery.
AIG Express is like Konga's KExpress.
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by hahn(m): 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
iMerchant:

The moral of the lesson, Calls will not guarantee successful delivery. If you have being in this business for a while you will understand that Out of 10 Pay On Delivery Orders you will probably get more returns that when the customers have paid ahead.

Will be glad if you come back to share your experience after 5 months of doing Nationwide Pay On Delivery.

#Smiles

I'm really looking forward to his update on his experience. Nigerians are not reliable, someone will tell you to be there by 8 but will not show up till 10 without any form of apology.

I've made to a delivery to a client only to be told "I just want to see what it looks like". That's why I don't do POD.

Ordinarily, clients are supposed to pay upfront when patronising an online store but some will expect POD and still expect FREE delivery. In developed countries, clients pay full sum plus shipping, tax and hadling charges.

And we're always suspicious of each other and some clients have had bad experiences. Some of my clients have actually complained of paying and not receiving their order from other sellers.

One has to build on integrity and reliability and get lots of positive reviews from clents to be able to survive in the Nigerian online business sector

3 Likes

Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by iMerchant: 6:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
hahn:

I'm really looking forward to his update on his experience. Nigerians are not reliable, someone will tell you to be there by 8 but will not show up till 10 without any form of apology.

I've made to a delivery to a client only to be told "I just want to see what it looks like". That's why I don't do POD.

Ordinarily, clients are supposed to pay upfront when patronising an online store but some will expect POD and still expect FREE delivery. In developed countries, clients pay full sum plus shipping, tax and hadling charges.

And we're always suspicious of each other and some clients have had bad experiences. Some of my clients have actually complained of paying and not receiving their order from other sellers.

One has to build on integrity and reliability and get lots of positive reviews from clents to be able to survive in the Nigerian online business sector

Pay On Delivery and Free Shipping na fast lane to bankruptcy.

The Op experience might be different, so let wait for him/her to experiment and come share his/her experience.

Delivery Company will get paid if the delivery is successful or not.

Dear Op,

Please don't mind our myopic mind oooo.

I like to learn from people, positive things thought.

Your experience might be different from ours and I will be glad to learn what I need to improve to get Pay On Delivery Nationwide work without many returns.

Thanks
Signed - iMerchant.

#Smiles
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by Youngzedd(m): 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
iMerchant:

Good Idea.

Let me share an experience with you.

I once had 2 orders in Lagos. One in Ikota and the order in Ogba.

I called both of them (customers) a day before delivery at 7pm and they both confirmed that we should come for delivery.

I was bored at home so I decided to do the delivery myself. According to my conversation with them, the customer in Ogba said we should deliver before 11am where the Ikota customer said before 3pm.

I got to Ogba at 9am, called the customer that am at his street and will be at his doorstep within 5 minutes, only to meet a shocker.

He told me he his enroute Lekki and was already on 3rd Mainland Bridge and I said No problem because am also heading towards Ikota so I could deliver his order only to be told that he will be heading to Yaba before going to Lekki.

I proceed to Ikota, made the delivery collect my Cash but the first person (Ogba Order) is yet to complete his order till date.

#Smiles

You're right, although I place a call same day before delivery.
I had experience today. The order was placed last night, I called the customer this morning to confirm delivery and He declined the delivery.

The issue there is that, 90% of Nigerians won't agree to pay upfront. They're scared of the unknown.

How to tackle this is still unknown. I believe that someday our system will be clean. When people will transact without the fear of been defrauded.
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by Youngzedd(m): 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
Can e-commerce survive in Nigeria without PAY ON DELIVERY?
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by iMerchant: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
Youngzedd:

You're right, although I place a call same day before delivery.
I had experience today. The order was placed last night, I called the customer this morning to confirm delivery and He declined the delivery.

The issue there is that, 90% of Nigerians won't agree to pay upfront. They're scared of the unknown.

How to tackle this is still unknown. I believe that someday our system will be clean. When people will transact without the fear of been defrauded.

It is simple.

Give them reasons to pay ahead with incentives and trust me people will pay

2 Likes

Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by Youngzedd(m): 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
iMerchant:

It is simple.

Give them reasons to pay ahead with incentives and trust me people will pay

Thanks.
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by dav8id(m): 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
100% unserious buyers all over this country..

my best bet is to focus only on buyers from abuja... abuja is too big for me to do business...any order away from abuja na to pay upfront payment or forget it simple as abc...

a particular logistic company i think tranex dey offer such servie but you have to register with them and pay a upfront payment of #20,000 ..

inshort no shortcut for dis matter oo..if you have some friends in others location i suggest you enter deal with them ( meaning put frdship aside and do business..maybe agree to pay them some commission)

2 Likes

Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by chiefkpokp(m): 9:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
The issue of pay on delivery is really a big problem in Nigeria. Even tranex has their own bad side, which is even if they get to ur customer or not,they will still charge you, God will help us in this country.... What I do is turn interstate transport driver to my delivery man, so they go to delivery and collect money for me, atlease I prefer them than pod couriers, becos if the delivery is not successful,then to commission for the driver.
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by chiefkpokp(m): 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
The issue of pay on delivery is really a big problem in Nigeria. Even tranex has their own bad side, which is even if they get to ur customer or not,they will still charge you, God will help us in this country.... What I do is turn interstate transport driver to my delivery man, so they go to delivery and collect money for me, atlease I prefer them than pod couriers, becos if the delivery is not successful,then no commission for the driver. They do their best to deliver except to the junking customers that will say they where just testing how the system work.
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by Youngzedd(m): 11:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
Consumer protection agency is not that effective. The commission should step up a panel to monitor online shopping activities. With that people will be less afraid of shopping online.
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by shinaf: 8:10am On Jul 26, 2015
LOL.....Talk to TY courier service ON 08183959081

Youngzedd:
Hello Nairalanders,

Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by Youngzedd(m): 9:05am On Jul 26, 2015
shinaf:
LOL.....Talk to TY courier service ON 08183959081

They do not offer POD outside Lagos.
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by KingOfThePay(m): 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
hahn:

very correct. The Nigeria ecommerce industry still coming
up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by TheTechMan: 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
iMerchant:

Pay On Delivery and Free Shipping na fast lane to bankruptcy.

The Op experience might be different, so let wait for him/her to experiment and come share his/her experience.

Delivery Company will get paid if the delivery is successful or not.

Dear Op,

Please don't mind our myopic mind oooo.

I like to learn from people, positive things thought.

Your experience might be different from ours and I will be glad to learn what I need to improve to get Pay On Delivery Nationwide work without many returns.

Thanks
Signed - iMerchant.

#Smiles

Hi my oga, pls I want to know the reliable delivery companies in Nigeria at the moment. Thanks.
Re: Reliable Logistic Company That Accept POD Nationwide by uslasconsults(m): 3:00pm On May 23, 2018
GEx Deliveries : Nationwide E-commerce Delivery Services in Nigeria | Real-Time GPS Tracking

GEx Deliveries is your nationwide logistics service and expert in eCommerce Delivery in Nigeria! We offer Fast, Secure, Reliable and Real-time GPS tracking Services

https://gex.com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

Start Your Own Vending Business With Coconut Water Kiosk / We Help You Register/incorporate Your Business(private Or Public) In Real Time / Pay Your Chinese Seller And Other Online Transactions At N197 Per $1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.