Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

8 Key Traits Of Mentally Strong People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 Key Traits Of Mentally Strong People (751 Views)

18 Things Mentally Strong People Do / Mentally-Unstable Woman Seen With Her Baby Wondering In Ogba, Lagos / 13 Things Mentally Strong People Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Key Traits Of Mentally Strong People by adedokun12(m): 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Being mentally strong at work is critical to your success. How you build that mental muscle though, is often something that people don’t think about a lot while at work. So I thought a post might help. which I think are the core aspect of being mentally strong.

Focus on basics first and only then details. A person was caught after many years of successful robberies and theft. When asked why was he so successful in committing these crimes, he replied, ‘I always go where the money is.’ Mentally tough people stay focused on developing the essential skills. Never drifting aloof or beating around the bush. But coming directly to the point. No point in learning about how many years ago did frogs arrive on earth, if you don’t know the definition of evolution. Got what I am saying?

Don’t control what you can’t. They never waste time, energy and resources in factors which are simply beyond their control or are extremely unpredictable.

Rejoicing success of others. Getting motivated from success of other people, without any resentment or hatred. They constantly learn from such events, in turn increasing their probability of being successful.
Embracing solitude. Enjoying one’s company. Never fearing being left alone by everyone else. Though they may be alone, they are never lonely.

Vicarious learning. Learning from mistakes of others, facing similar circumstances. You won’t live long enough to make all the mistakes by yourself nor can you afford to make the same mistakes again and again. So, learn from as many sources as possible and learn fast.

Always in controlwww.adedokun.com.Having all the power with themselves, without devolving it to anyone else. Means that being in charge all the time. And not being made vulnerable by others.

Delayed gratification: Doing the hard thing, without expecting immediate success. They are also faced by multiple alternatives, which give them instantaneous pleasure and a kick of hedonism. But they constantly fight against this urge to give in, and they keep pushing forward.

Maximum overlap between reality and perception of reality.Neither being pessimistic nor optimistic. Always being pragmatist and realist. It is very easy to be carried away by what ought to be than what is. Knowing what is real, how our world actually works and aligning your thought process with that, is a hallmark of being mentally strong.

“Celebrate what you’ve accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.”– Mia Hamm

Keep your eyes on the big picture
What’s your big picture?
Is it building the playbook on how to grow a start up?
Is it leading and inspiring a team to be at their best?
Is it raising a great family and having great work life balance?
Whatever your big picture is, stay focused on it. Don’t get dragged down by the small stuff.
Keep raising the bar. It’s how you stay mentally strong.

Now go out there and make a dent in the universe!www.adedokun.com

Read more: http://www.adedokun.com/2015/07/9-key-traits-of-mentally-strong-people/#ixzz3gwB9RI2Q

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Key Traits Of Mentally Strong People by xpac01(m): 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
Inspiring. Thanks
Re: 8 Key Traits Of Mentally Strong People by adedokun12(m): 12:25am On Jul 26, 2015
xpac01:
Inspiring. Thanks
Do you know why success is so difficult for many people to obtain?

Read more: http://www.adedokun.com/#ixzz3gwrv02CD
Re: 8 Key Traits Of Mentally Strong People by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 26, 2015
Thanks. Very inspiring for me too.
Re: 8 Key Traits Of Mentally Strong People by adedokun12(m): 7:43am On Jul 26, 2015
jomonic:
Thanks. Very inspiring for me too.
Thanks boss for droping the comment. To read more inspired articles,kindly visit my blog or follow me on twitter @adedokunbbaki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Key Traits Of Mentally Strong People by pacino26(m): 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
Cool.

(1) (Reply)

1-month-old Baby Accidentally Given Baby Formula Mixed With Vodka Instead Of Wat / Dedicated To ALL Mothers With Stillbirth Or Lost Pregnancy. / Let There Be Light Always In Your House!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.