Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe (639 Views)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? / Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by talktrue1(m): 2:13am On Jul 26, 2015
Assuming you want to pay your tithe and a junior colleague came up with a problem of health challenges and wants you to assist him in paying hospital bills with the exact amount you want to pay as tithe.
Should you decline helping him and pay your tithe or use the tithe money to rescue him out of his problem.
Re: Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by ibkgab001: 2:16am On Jul 26, 2015
Nope you can only help from the remaining 90 %.. the 10 % is for God and God alone

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by waistaa(f): 2:30am On Jul 26, 2015
Yes u can...or if u feel guilty like ftc u take from 90% remaining.

DEUT 26 v 12
Re: Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by sanko05(m): 6:27am On Jul 26, 2015
Its not bad to use ur tithe money to help someone, I believe God know ur mind to pay the tithe and for u to save a soul with the tithe is not bad couse u can pay it back latter, what God send us to world is to save a soul and bring them to the way of God,so what are talking!
Re: Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 26, 2015
Well... I wish I could answer you directly but this is where we need to watch what we say so that we do not lead a fellow brother astray.

For me, my tithe is meant to be brought to the house of God. For me, the house of God is not the building. For me, a neighbour (a fellow human) dwelling on planet earth is in the house of God because "the earth is the Lords and its fullness there of".

My point is for me, my tithe is meant for God and if situations calls for me to help Gods children then I can as well do it and give the person in need.

This is my opinion and this is what my faith carries at the moment. If you are not inspired to do so please remove what you can out of the 90% and help.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 26, 2015
[size=18pt] O'Yes! [/size]
Re: Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by sebali: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2015
Broda go and read Deut. 14: 22-29... It has d ans 2 ur question.
Here u realise tight was never meant 4 the church nor d pastor as many people insinuate bt ur tight is 4 u and d less privileged.........
Den common sense shud tell u dat water flows down d hill and not upwards.... Rather dan giv ur money 2 a pastor who is already living large why not give it 2 somebody who needs it after all according 2 Hebrews 5 we no longer have levites(chosen priest) rada we are all of equal status cos we now have one high priest; Christ.
Evn in d old where d levites where not given any property by Moses bt were 2 be taking care of by d oda 11tribes, tight was not totally 4 dem{deut 14: 22-29} let alone now dat our pastors are big time investors.
Finally Jesus said "whatsoever u do 2 d list of my brodas dat u do on 2 me" and if u agree dat Jesus is God it simple means if u giv ur tight 2 dat poor guy u hav given it 2 Jesus and by extension 2 God.
Have a nice day

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 26, 2015
No you can't. Your 10‰ tithe is for your pastor and your pastor alone.
Re: Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 26, 2015
Maka whyyy? Give your tithe to people more in need than your pastor. Afterall, the bible never told non-hebrews to pay tithe.
Re: Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by defemidefemi(m): 8:37am On Jul 26, 2015
If u're left with only dat 10% (meaning the 90%has been spent) you can help him wit the 10%. Matthew 25:35 -"40" also see 1 John 4:20-21.
Re: Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by sebali: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Can u back dis up with a least one relevant scripture?
Re: Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by defemidefemi(m): 8:48am On Jul 26, 2015
FriedPlantain:
I disagree with u sir after I've read this portion of my Bible
Matthew 25:35 -"40" also see 1 John 4:20-21.
but u can convince me by giving me bible reference to back ur point. thanks.
Re: Is It Good To Help Someone With Your Tithe by talktrue1(m): 9:41am On Jul 26, 2015
I have to read all these references for more understanding

(1) (Reply)

Before The Last Breath / Had GOD Made Known The Rapture Date / Whats The Danger Of Dating Your Ex-unbeliever Girl Friend That Truly Loves You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.