Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (64933 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:17pm On May 10, 2009
Emirates is silent. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by toba1909(m): 5:17pm On May 10, 2009
nateevs:

@Toba . . .

Any other ideas?

GAME OVER!!!
I'm out for now,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:17pm On May 10, 2009
How did Walcott miss THAT??  shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 5:18pm On May 10, 2009
Come to United, Walcott.  .  .Fergie will teach you how to finish properly. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:18pm On May 10, 2009
Kolo can't even control the ball - he's completely USELESS in this game.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:20pm On May 10, 2009
Finally wastepipe Diaby off for Bendtner - let's hope he doesn't lose his pants this time. grin grin

Diaby going to be 23 tomorrow? Sell him NOW. angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:20pm On May 10, 2009
Bendtner in. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 10, 2009
nateevs:

Bendtner in. . .

Is that the best we have in reserve? What a shame.

How Aston villa didnt pip us to 4th place is beyond me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 10, 2009
nateevs:

We are silent too. Perhaps even the most die-hard fans are begining to realise we are frankly no match for the top 3.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:25pm On May 10, 2009
how did Bosingwa not score that?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 5:26pm On May 10, 2009
nateevs:

Fans were leaving in the 40th minute of first half. . .stadium should even be empty of Arse fans by now. grin

@Arses
Your thread is over 100. Who would love to do the honors in commemoration of this cool defeat at home? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:27pm On May 10, 2009
David relax. This is a meaningless game at best - making any judgments from it is not very insightful.

It's like thinking if we beat Chelski it means anything - it doesn't.

No match for the top 3? Stats will disagree with you - we've drawn 2, lost 2, won 2. That isn't a sign of being 'no match' to me.

Most of these players haven't gotten the 3-1 whooping off their minds anyways - none of the remaining games matter.

@ Criz

can you let this game finish before wielding your big stick?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:28pm On May 10, 2009
Denilson in . . . Song out. .
Ade in . . Walcott out. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:30pm On May 10, 2009
Debo and Dayo have similarities. . . Debo just cooked up a reason why they are 3-0 down. . . citing insignificance. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:30pm On May 10, 2009
Beautiful goal by Bendtner - Arsenal at their best.  cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:32pm On May 10, 2009
nateevs:

Debo and Dayo have similarities. . . Debo just cooked up a reason why they are 3-0 down. . . citing insignificance. . .
It is not a reason why we are three nil down. (3-1 mind you). It's a clear realisation.

I wouldn't be celebrating that we are better than Chelski if we won, so why would losing make me feel we are so worse?

Gain some perspective boy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 10, 2009
Ope o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:34pm On May 10, 2009
Bendtner is now our joint top scorer.

Nice header by Bendtner - Cech saves nicely,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 5:35pm On May 10, 2009
@Debo
 Ma binu sir, but I really need someone to volunteer to do the honors.  .  .unless y'all would like to see me do it. cheesy grin

Y'all are trying, but I doubt that 2 goals can come before the final whistle.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:36pm On May 10, 2009
Ade goes to ground. . . not a penalty.

Let the game end Criz, I'll do the honours wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:38pm On May 10, 2009
@Debo

You are very sorry. . . . Why won't you celebrate? Don't make it seem like the match is of no essence. .There's  automatic Champions League spot to play for and mind you there's pride and rivalry to play for . . . You get some perspective

How disgraceful does it have to be to be shameful? . . You are simply not good enough . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 10, 2009
At least we will end this game with some pride.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 5:39pm On May 10, 2009
Bendtner has cancelled one,thank God he is sober and his pants are up today
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:42pm On May 10, 2009
RVP with another chance - straight at Cech.

nateevs:

@Debo

You are very sorry. . . . Why won't you celebrate? Don't make it seem like the match is of no essence. .There's  automatic Champions League spot to play for and mind you there's pride and rivalry to play for . . . You get some perspective

How disgraceful does it have to be to be shameful? . . You are simply not good enough . . .

I won't celebrate - we cannot come third. We beat you 2-1 at SB, so does that mean you aren't good enough? Even winning this game will not make us come third so what are you going on about?

What is 'disgraceful' about 3-1? The game isn't even over yet - given that we're guaranteed 4th and are unlikely to come third even with a win, it is a meaningless game to me. It might mean the world to you, but that's your prerogative.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 10, 2009
nateevs:

@Debo

We dont need the automatic spots.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4Play(m): 5:42pm On May 10, 2009
Why all the bollocks that there is no significant difference between 3rd place and 4th place? Given the re-jigged Champions League format, finishing 3rd place makes a world of difference.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:42pm On May 10, 2009
Lamps was not offside there. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 10, 2009
nateevs:

Lamps was not offside there. . .

Fabianski . . . well saved
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 5:43pm On May 10, 2009
debosky:

Ade goes to ground. . . not a penalty.

Let the game end Criz, I'll do the honours wink

Why, thank you, kind sir. One lollipop for you. grin

Wenger has reduced Arsenal to a bunch of kids that play beautifully, but cannot deliver when push comes to shove.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:44pm On May 10, 2009
davidylan:

We dont need the automatic spots.

Debo has infected you too?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:44pm On May 10, 2009
Gibbs skies it after a goalmouth scramble. . . .

4 Play:

Why all the bollocks that there is no significant difference between 3rd place and 4th place? Given the re-jigged Champions League format, finishing 3rd place makes a world of difference.

With 3 games to go and a six point lead by Chelski, it is UNLIKELY we will make third - given we are playing UTD next. Is that too hard for you nitwits to comprehend?   It is a meaningless game because we won't get the automatic spot.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2009
Rubbish move by referee - Cech tripped Ade there. NONSENSE. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 2) On 1st May 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.