Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

I Just Want To Die - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Want To Die (1234 Views)

I Prayed For Him To Die! - Mother With Autistic Child (Photos) / British Mum Leaves Baby To Die During Sex Romp With A Nigerian(PIC) / We Hope To Die Same Day — 81-year-old Twins (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Want To Die by MrAnonTAC: 7:33am On Jul 27, 2015
A few days ago, I read about a medical student who took his life because he failed and was thrown out of medical school after 10 years of hardwork (May His soul Rest in Peace).
Just yesterday while going through one of Nigeria’s top site Nairaland, I came across a post where a guy says he will kill himself on Wednesday if he is unable to sort out his school issues.

This begs for the question: Does anyone really want to die?

The truth is ‘NOBODY WANTS TO DIE’. However, it is very hard to go from wanting to die to suddenly being encouraged. If one says, “I just want to die” and everybody says, “common, cheer up, there’s a lot to live for”, that’s sometimes very hard to hear. It’s not like one is going to suddenly say, “ hey, you know what? You are very right. I’m encouraged now! I don’t feel like dying anymore”

Alternatively, just try to think a little deeper. Whenever ‘you just want to die’, ask yourself, “what exactly is it inside of me that really wants to die?”

Are you really sure you want your heart to stop beating? I’m sure no…

So what do you really want to die?

The times when I’ve thought it, here are what I really wanted dead:
- I wanted death of my suffering when I went from making millions to being so broke I couldn’t afford more than one meal per day (aka 0-1-0)

- I wanted death of the horrible feeling in my stomach and the heartbreak when my girlfriend left me after years of being together.

- I wanted death of the anticipation of whether or not things were going to be better when I was out of job and life was moving fast.

- I wanted death to the sadness I felt when a life-changing contract that had been earlier approved got cancelled for no major reason.

- I wanted death to the feeling of inadequacy I felt being unable to take care of loved ones looking up to me.

- I wanted death to the anger I felt towards someone who took something very special away from me.

These are few of the times I’ve thought ‘I just want to die’. Some of those times, I really meant it, others I didn’t. But looking back at those times, I never really wanted my heart to stop beating. I just wanted those emotions that were hurting me both physically and emotionally to die.
I Just wanted the death of my lack of control over a world that is unfair, trouble-filled but yet beautiful and fun.

I once saw this somewhere “The irony of our lives- there are million ways to die, but we have got to figure out one way to live”.

Those things actually died eventually even though they took a little of me with them.

However, here I am… I’m alive!

About The Author: Ife John is an Economist, Seasoned Business Analyst, Motivational Speaker and a lover of God. His Inspiration comes from personal life experiences and passion to help others. He is the creator of True Anonymous Confession Blog.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Want To Die by blaze2cool(m): 7:39am On Jul 27, 2015
If you have the nerves to write this i think your too weck to die now

because u're full of life... smiley
Re: I Just Want To Die by marveangel(m): 7:43am On Jul 27, 2015
There was a point in my life when I came so close to taking my own life.......School Issues....but somehow God made realize i had more to live for....For any1 who had or is still dealing with challenges of life...believe me i understand why suicide might appear the only way out but it isn't take it from me....u have a lot still to do with ur life...hang in there and don't give up just yet.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Want To Die by donholy28(m): 8:03am On Jul 27, 2015
The thing is that if u say u want to die...Nairalanders will direct u on where to purchase rat poison

3 Likes

Re: I Just Want To Die by therealdeal10: 8:04am On Jul 27, 2015
9ice write up, nobody has 2 end his lyf on d basis of hw lyf is cruel 2 dem. Noted we all pass 2ru all of dis bt it's our ability 2 get bak up dat really counts. Wish y'all best dis nw week.

1 Like

Re: I Just Want To Die by MrAnonTAC: 8:08am On Jul 27, 2015
you are right and thats quite unfortunate
donholy28:
The thing is that if u say u want to die...Nairalanders will direct u on where to purchase rat poison

1 Like

Re: I Just Want To Die by Mrbigman1(m): 10:19am On Jul 27, 2015
God created everything and saw that I was God.

He also said, when u pass through the storm, it will not engulf u, when u past through the fire, it will not consume u, just have faith and be hopeful cos God is dia with u.

No wan is born to ve a straight life without challenge, if u living a live without challenge den please check again cos it seems u re sailing down d spur but in all that, God is dia for u only if u believe and wake up.

1 Like

Re: I Just Want To Die by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2015
MrAnonTAC:
you are right and thats quite unfortunate

People are just fulfilling natural selection. Each death is one less competitor and is a way of weeding the society of the weak. It's the way of life.

1 Like

Re: I Just Want To Die by 5minsmadness: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2015
Nice write-up op. Very insightful.
Re: I Just Want To Die by snakebeat: 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2015
marveangel:
There was a point in my life when I came so close to taking my own life.......School Issues....but somehow God made realize i had more to live for....For any1 who had or is still dealing with challenges of life...believe me i understand why suicide might appear the only way out but it isn't take it from me....u have a lot still to do with ur life...hang in there and don't give up just yet.
Great words!

Perseverance & persistence....

1 Like

Re: I Just Want To Die by Swissheart(f): 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
hmmn......great!.....life,challenges and time works together....for every life challenging situation there is an expiry date(time).......but then d lazy thing inside of us is always too impatient to either tackle or chill instead death looks like the way out....it is well

1 Like

Re: I Just Want To Die by AslanBULUT: 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
There is no need to kill yourself.
A. Bulut Service is active
I am here to make you happy
I am here to solve all your problems
Re: I Just Want To Die by Chidoks(f): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
i was once in despair .school dsys ofcourse.i wished for death,wasn't even bold enough to consider sucide...
Anyways reading this write up , i just realized that i really didn't want to die, i wanted the problems that plagued me to die and thing is; the issues died and here am i living life to the fullest...
Re: I Just Want To Die by trapQ: 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
I already bought rat poison
donholy28:
Re: I Just Want To Die by MrAnonTAC: 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
5minsmadness:
Nice write-up op. Very insightful.
Thank you
Re: I Just Want To Die by yorubadelta(f): 7:32am On Jul 28, 2015
People who contemplate suicide do so because they tend to get so overwhelmed and plagued down with emotions, especially when life doesn't go according to plan .. i.e. that Medical Student.

Sometimes we just ought to step back and realize life ain't as serious as we treat it. Life is short enough already so why not enjoy the little you have of it.
No situation is permanent and no circumstance is worth killing yourself over.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Woman Catches Her Husband Red-handed On Top Of Her Friend. / You Won't Believe What My Neighbor 5 Years Old Boy Said / Looking For A Passive Income??? PSL is Your Go To.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.