Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,538 members, 7,837,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

3 Nigerian Policemen On Trial For Assaulting 8- Month Pregnant Woman - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Nigerian Policemen On Trial For Assaulting 8- Month Pregnant Woman (441 Views)

Okada Rider Brutalized By Policemen On Enugu-Abakaliki Express (Photos) / Husband Who Strangled His 8-Month Pregnant Wife In Jos Pictured / Man Kills His 8-Month Pregnant Lover In Abuja For Not Washing His Clothes(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Nigerian Policemen On Trial For Assaulting 8- Month Pregnant Woman by Whizzcute(m): 8:44am On Jul 27, 2015
Three policemen who assaulted an eight-month pregnant woman in Lagos are currently undergoing
orderly room trial, the Lagos State Police Command said on Saturday.

The command’s spokesman, Kenneth Nwosu, who made the disclosure, said they were arrested on Tuesday after a complaint about their alleged human rights infringement.

He said the law would take its cause on any member of the police force that committed any crime, particularly human rights abuse but did not disclose the names of the policemen. The woman lost her pregnancy after the assault. Sources had said the woman had complication as a result of the assault.

“The policemen were said to have sprayed tear gas on the woman in her car following an argument arising from the gridlock on the road.

“She was rushed to one Safe Hands Hospital at Old Ojo Road, Amuwo Odofin where she was allegedly operated upon but the baby died less than 48 hours later.

Apparently the gas she inhaled resulted in the complication and the subsequent surgery.

The three policemen in question are attached to the Satellite Town Police Division,’’ the sources said. (NAN)

cc lalasticala

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/187262-3-nigerian-policemen-on-trial-for-assaulting-8-month-pregnant-woman.html
Re: 3 Nigerian Policemen On Trial For Assaulting 8- Month Pregnant Woman by shaiba(f): 8:56am On Jul 27, 2015
Good. I hope it does not end there or swept under the carpet as usual. This trauma on the woman is going to be a though one. I pray God to help her and her family. It ain't easy.
Re: 3 Nigerian Policemen On Trial For Assaulting 8- Month Pregnant Woman by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 27, 2015
They should be taken to the barrack and properly drilled.
What nonsense.
The police in this country are always found constituting nuisance.
That's why I rather be in a den of theives than in the gathering of numbers of hungry police, searching for a prey to devour.
Re: 3 Nigerian Policemen On Trial For Assaulting 8- Month Pregnant Woman by CzarRex: 9:02am On Jul 27, 2015
Brb
Re: 3 Nigerian Policemen On Trial For Assaulting 8- Month Pregnant Woman by CEtoO(f): 9:10am On Jul 27, 2015
Chaiii. After 8 months of being heavy with pregnancy. Madam sorry 4 ur loss.
I pray d law truly take its cause
Re: 3 Nigerian Policemen On Trial For Assaulting 8- Month Pregnant Woman by therealdeal10: 9:32am On Jul 27, 2015
Stupid 9ija policemen, always acting b4 thinking. Gv dem adequate jail sentence
Re: 3 Nigerian Policemen On Trial For Assaulting 8- Month Pregnant Woman by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 27, 2015
no names no photos then I smell lie!

(1) (Reply)

Exam Software Is Fact Some View / Exam Software Is Two Up Those I / Halfrica Is Banned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.