Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,076 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Questions African Men And Women Must Answer - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Questions African Men And Women Must Answer (1041 Views)

Igbologun, Island Where Pregnant Women Must Not Go Into Labour At Midnight / Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / Why African Women Must Go Natural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 27, 2015
1)WHY SOME OF OUR MEN FEEL TOO PROUD TO DO CERTAIN CHORES AROUND THE HOUSE, AT TIMES NONE EVEN AT ALL.
2)WHY SOME OF OUR MEN THINK ITS A WOMAN'S PLACE TO BE IN THE KITCHEN,AND NOT EVEN LET THEM HAVE A SAY WHEN IT COMES TO CERTAIN MATTERS IN THE FAMILY.
3)WHY SOME OF OUR WOMEN THINK ITS ONLY THE MEN WHO SHOULD USE THEIR MONEY WHEN IT COMES TO TAKING CARE OF THE BILLS.
4) WHY SOME OF OUR MEN WOULD CALL A LADY WHO HAS HAD HER FARE SHARE OF MALE FRIENDS A PROSTITUTE BUT WHEN THE SHOE IS ON THE OTHER FOOT THEY ARE PLAYERS.
5)WHY SOME OF OUR MEN CALL FEMALES WHO ARE DIVORCED USED GOODS, EVEN SOME OF THE DIVORCED MEN! FORGETTING THEY TOO ARE DIVORCED.
6) WHY SOME OF OUR MEN WOULD CALL AN INDEPENDENT WOMEN TOO PROUD OR DIFFICULT.
7)WHY SOME OF OUR WOMEN THINK CAUSE THE MAN PAID HER BRIDE PRICE OR MARRIED HER, HE SHOULD SPEND EVERY KOBO HE HAS ON HER WAILS SHE POCKETS HERS.
coolWHY SOME OF OUR MEN THINK THEY OWN THEIR WIVES BECAUSE HE PAID HER BRIDE PRICE.
9)WHY SOME OF OUR MEN STAY CLEAR OF WOMEN WHO ARE MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN THEY ARE.
10)MOST OF ALL WHY SOME OF OUR MEN WANT TO MARRY VIRGINS, WHEN THEY GO ABOUT RAVISHING OTHER WOMEN.
Oya start answering.....

Ishilove Lalasticlala fynesboi.... You have been summoned.

1 Like

Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by delishpot: 10:37am On Jul 27, 2015
grin make I take front row seat.

OP, its a cycle our society is patriachal that is to say male dominated. thus a woman has none ir almost no value. To men in that society the woman is there to serve and beautify the mens lives. Right from the begining girls/women are married off to men who can "Take good care of them" that is to say, feed,cloth,house and protect them. That is how the women are conditioned to think from time. To stay beautiful and domesticated and then marry a man that can meet her needs.This way was promoted by the males in her family. She is given to the man who can care for her or meet the needs of her father and that is how it has been.
Men on the other hand get told to marry so that they will have somone who can clean,cook,care and birth kids for them. Thus those duties are considered as perks of marriage and that is what the man enjiys for getting married so why should he now do them? Why then did he marry the woman in the first place?
Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by delishpot: 10:37am On Jul 27, 2015
Chei sorry double post
Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by Omotayor123(f): 10:53am On Jul 27, 2015
Freemanan you should answer first.... Or are you exempted from the men in the list

Modified :

The reason is simple... Those men have a kind of ego they cannot even comprehend or explain...

Plus, They are Scared doing that might make the world Womens world. And that is their greatest fear.
Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 27, 2015
Omotayor123:
Freemanan you should answer first.... Or are you exempted from the men in the list
e-Love... Bawo ni...
I am moderating joor... Answer your own.
Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 27, 2015
delishpot:
grin make I take front row seat.

OP, its a cycle our society is patriachal that is to say male dominated. thus a woman has none ir almost no value. To men in that society the woman is there to serve and beautify the mens lives. Right from the begining girls/women are married off to men who can "Take good care of them" that is to say, feed,cloth,house and protect them. That is how the women are conditioned to think from time. To stay beautiful and domesticated and then marry a man that can meet her needs.This way was promoted by the males in her family. She is given to the man who can care for her or meet the needs of her father and that is how it has been.
Men on the other hand get told to marry so that they will have somone who can clean,cook,care and birth kids for them. Thus those duties are considered as perks of marriage and that is what the man enjiys for getting married so why should he now do them? Why then did he marry the woman in the first place?

hmmm..
Your answer is topnotch....
Waiting for my sisters to reply tho
Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by johnydon22(m): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2015
I think most of these questions betrays the very nonsensical concept of a particular gender being superior to the other
Freemanan:

1)WHY SOME OF OUR MEN FEEL TOO PROUD TO DO
CERTAIN CHORES AROUND THE HOUSE, AT TIMES NONE
EVEN AT ALL.
Because of that ridiculous ideology of superiority, they think themselves above chores and see house chores as a woman's sole responsibility. . . It should be a mutual effort..

2)WHY SOME OF OUR MEN THINK ITS A WOMAN'S PLACE
TO BE IN THE KITCHEN,AND NOT EVEN LET THEM HAVE A
SAY WHEN IT COMES TO CERTAIN MATTERS IN THE
FAMILY.
Again sometimes our women are to blame for subjecting themselves to such male crafted ideas, a woman's place goes beyond the kitchen and she is and should be an equal partaker and participator in the decision taking in the house hold, men should learn to respect women's equality.

3)WHY SOME OF OUR WOMEN THINK ITS ONLY THE MEN
WHO SHOULD USE THEIR MONEY WHEN IT COMES TO
TAKING CARE OF THE BILLS.…
This shows a woman that is dependent on the male folks which is one of the reasons the men relegated them to background.. Women should strive for independency both financially and intellectually.

4) WHY SOME OF OUR MEN WOULD CALL A LADY WHO
HAS HAD HER FARE SHARE OF MALE FRIENDS A
PROSTITUTE BUT WHEN THE SHOE IS ON THE OTHER FOOT
THEY ARE PLAYERS.
A stupid form of societal injustice, religious and cultural misogynistic restrictions. . . Such ideologies are well seen in our society and religions of today... Why should men be allowed and even praised when they sleep with whom ever they want while women are chastised and castigated, it is blatant hypocrisy and greed in the men part.. Sexual equality is needed (If a woman is expected to be chaste then same goes to the men)

5)WHY SOME OF OUR MEN CALL FEMALES WHO ARE
DIVORCED USED GOODS, EVEN SOME OF THE DIVORCED
MEN! FORGETTING THEY TOO ARE DIVORCED.
Because these men consider women inferior creatures, is that good for the world?

6) WHY SOME OF OUR MEN WOULD CALL AN INDEPENDENT
WOMEN TOO PROUD OR DIFFICULT.
Because in the male dominated society, the male folks see the females who took on the challenge of establishing financial independence and self reliance as a threat, so they feel intimidated based on their floored ego.

7)WHY SOME OF OUR WOMEN THINK CAUSE THE MAN
PAID HER BRIDE PRICE OR MARRIED HER, HE SHOULD
SPEND EVERY KOBO HE HAS ON HER WAILS SHE
POCKETS HERS.
Financial dependency which has reduced many women to mere second class importance. . Women should shed themselves of such degrading ideologies and take the bull by the horn and move along with the male folks equally in this society establishing themselves to be equally capable and strong

8 )WHY SOME OF OUR MEN THINK THEY OWN THEIR
WIVES BECAUSE HE PAID HER BRIDE PRICE.
This ideology is well rooted on the cultural and religious roots of such men banking on rules stipulated by misogynistic men when dealing with women.. it should be abandoned.. Both man and women equally own each other in marriage and none is superior to the other

9)WHY SOME OF OUR MEN STAY CLEAR OF WOMEN WHO
ARE MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN THEY ARE.
Almost same question as question 6 so i would refer to the question 6 answer

10)MOST OF ALL WHY SOME OF OUR MEN WANT TO
MARRY VIRGINS, WHEN THEY GO ABOUT RAVISHING
OTHER WOMEN.
Same cultural and religiously based ancient ideologies where female virginity is sung and expected while nobody places such burden on the males.

I think typically this depends on the individual because personally i see nothing special about a woman's virginity or how virginity adds value to a woman more than others.

Virgin or no virgin all women are equally valuable, special and all deserves love and respect equally...

2 Likes

Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by Omotayor123(f): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2015
Freemanan:
e-Love... Bawo ni... I am moderating joor... Answer your own.
If I hear... Oya give your answers sharply before I......
Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by delishpot: 11:03am On Jul 27, 2015
Freemanan:

hmmm..
Your answer is topnotch....
Waiting for my sisters to reply tho

I am waiting too smiley
Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 27, 2015
Omotayor123:

If I hear... Oya give your answers sharply before I......
As a summary, I JUST feel Africans have a poor understanding of relationship and the place of a woman in the society.
Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2015
johnydon22:
Hhmmm
Should WE be scared Boss?
Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by johnydon22(m): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2015
Freemanan:

Should WE be scared Boss?
Lol...modified smiley
Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 27, 2015
johnydon22:
I think most of these questions betrays the very nonsensical concept of a particular gender being superior to the other Because of that ridiculous ideology of superiority, they think themselves above chores and see house chores as a woman's sole responsibility. . . It should be a mutual effort..
Again sometimes our women are to blame for subjecting themselves to such male crafted ideas, a woman's place goes beyond the kitchen and she is and should be an equal partaker and participator in the decision taking in the house hold, men should learn to respect women's equality.
This shows a woman that is dependent on the male folks which is one of the reasons the men relegated them to background.. Women should strive for independency both financially and intellectually.
A stupid form of societal injustice, religious and cultural misogynistic restrictions. . . Such ideologies are well seen in our society and religions of today... Why should men be allowed and even praised when they sleep with whom ever they want while women are chastised and castigated, it is blatant hypocrisy and greed in the men part.. Sexual equality is needed (If a woman is expected to be chaste then same goes to the men)
Because these men consider women inferior creatures, is that good for the world?
Because in the male dominated society, the male folks see the females who took on the challenge of establishing financial independence and self reliance as a threat, so they feel intimidated based on their floored ego.
Financial dependency which has reduced many women to mere second class importance. . Women should shed themselves of such degrading ideologies and take the bull by the horn and move along with the male folks equally in this society establishing themselves to be equally capable and strong
This ideology is well rooted on the cultural and religious roots of such men banking on rules stipulated by misogynistic men when dealing with women.. it should be abandoned.. Both man and women equally own each other in marriage and none is superior to the other

Same cultural and religiously based ancient ideologies where female virginity is sung and expected while nobody places such burden on the males.

I think typically this depends on the individual because personally i see nothing special about a woman's virginity or how virginity adds value to a woman more than others.

Virgin or no virgin all women are equally valuable, special and all deserves love and respect equally...
Your answers are influenced heavily by your exposure to western lifestyle I believe. I share almost every of your thought.
I have friends who will argue 6, 7, and 10....
Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by Fulaman198(m): 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
Human beings by nature are tremendous hypocrites.
Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by BlissB(f): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
Call me asap@ freemanan

1 Like

Re: Questions African Men And Women Must Answer by Chestar5(f): 10:57am On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:
I think most of these questions betrays the very nonsensical concept of a particular gender being superior to the other Because of that ridiculous ideology of superiority, they think themselves above chores and see house chores as a woman's sole responsibility. . . It should be a mutual effort..

GBAM!!! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Urhobo Language / Photos: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Represents Him At His Grandma's Burial / Boy’s Legs Buried, In Benue State, Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.