Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? (1245 Views)

CBN Revise Guide To Bank Charges / Pls Advise On Which Bank Is Best For Online Banking / Pick Western Union Online Using Quickteller Without Go To Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by teekay213(m): 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
HI pals,i have a building that have been keeping for a long time and have decided to sell it because i need money.so after waiting long time,we finally saw two buyers,the bank and one of the top pentecostal churches in the country.but the problem there is the bank gave a good price why the church pleaded because of the good location and they are ready to pay 65% compare to what the bank offered.i told my friend and some people they told me to go with the highest bidder.
Yesterday when i told my pastor he said it’s the work of God they want to use it for and told some stories that i should sell it to the church not minding the 35% differences which are in millions.
Finally,i bring it here to nairaland for your advise(es) because am a bit confused who to sell it to,the bank or the church?thanks.
Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by blaze2cool(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
teekay213:
HI pals,i have a building that have been keeping for a long time and have decided to sell it because i need money.so after waiting long time,we finally saw two buyers,the bank and one of the top pentecostal churches in the country.but the problem there is the bank gave a good price why the church pleaded because of the good location and they are ready to pay 65% compare to what the bank offered.i told my friend and some people they told me to go with the highest bidder.
Yesterday when i told my pastor he said it’s the work of God they want to use it for and told some stories that i should sell it to the church not minding the 35% differences which are in millions.
Finally,i bring it here to nairaland for your advise(es) because am a bit confused who to sell it to,the bank or the church?thanks.
man u need no advice here go for God....God things will actually last

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by jemype(m): 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
why dont u lease it out?

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by teekay213(m): 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
jemype:
why dont u lease it out?
no time, am planing to leave the country.
Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by bigiyaro(m): 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2015
teekay213:
if u really need d money den sell to d bank, if not, let d church have it.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by Stanley4E(m): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
Is the 65% from the Church enough to cater for that need of yours?

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by teekay213(m): 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
bigiyaro:
if u really need d money den sell to d bank, if not, let d church have it.
who doesn't need money even if it 50k diff not to talk of mill.am thinking of what the pastor said.
Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by teekay213(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
Stanley4E:
Is the 65% from the Church enough to cater for that need of yours?
for me no amount of money is enough.
Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by Badgers14: 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
Follow your heart.. For me i will sell to bank ...thats business ma brother..
I dont mix business with religion or pleasure.. If am in business mode even jf the pope is my customer thats business then we will discuss about church things later..

No one could coerce me to donate to church when i know its not from my heart..

Remember Jesus said, give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar and what belongs to God to God..

Goodluck bro

5 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by Stanley4E(m): 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
teekay213:
for me no amount of money is enough.

i meant if it could at least cover you budgets without snag
But i'll advice you to give it to the church as a point of seed/sacrifice to God,
with a prayer attached to it for an experience of God's Exceptional Grace and Advancement in your Life

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by debbydee(f): 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
@ OP i will suggest you lease it. Even if you are traveling it wont depreciate rather it will appreciate. you can maybe lease for 20 or 30 years. Are you spending this amount of time abroad? As per your question, i will suggest you sell to the church. Money is not all.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by kayworld22: 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
Stanley4E:

But i'll advice you to give it to the church as a point of seed/sacrifice to God,
with a prayer attached to it for an experience of God's Exceptional Grace and Advancement in your Life
Man stanley as said it all! You can even give it to God without kobo but as you said the church of God want to pay you 65%.

My advice is that, sell it for the church because the BLESSING of God its matter most.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by teekay213(m): 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
Stanley4E:

uhmm!u sounded exactly like my pastor but money is tempting.
Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by jemype(m): 2:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
then put someone in charge of it as u lease it out. u never can tell what that fund could do to u and I think u will see better offers too in the nearest future no matter how small u think the land is
teekay213:
Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by bigiyaro(m): 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
teekay213:
who doesn't need money even if it 50k diff not to talk of mill.am thinking of what the pastor said.
sorry am not a religious person, if i were u n i needed money, i'll sell to d higest bidder, not sellin to d church will not stop God's work.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by Badgers14: 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
teekay213:
uhmm!u sounded exactly like my pastor but money is tempting.

Then sell to bank then and get the money. If you want to donate to church then do so when your mind gives you green light...

Its true the church will be doing God's work (hopefully) cheesy

But so is the bank, everyone is doing Gods work in different capacity.. Keke driver, pure water seller, banks wink , doctors, lawyers , economist .. That a pastor or reverend is at the pulpit those not make them more important than others so as they said God called them... So did God give different destinies to different people.

Cheers !!!

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by teekay213(m): 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
Badgers14:

Then sell to bank then and get the money. If you want to donate to church then do so when your mind gives you green light...

Its true the church will be doing God's work (hopefully) cheesy

But so is the bank, everyone is doing Gods work in different capacity.. Keke driver, pure water seller, banks wink , doctors, lawyers , economist .. That a pastor or reverend is at the pulpit those not make them more important than others so as they said God called them... So did God give different destinies to different people.

Cheers !!!
i think same too.i wish the church could make 90%.
Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by kennyman2000(m): 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
This's such a sensitive issue.. Just follow ur hrt..
All the best!

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2015
Sell it to the bank now..

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by MrMcJay(m): 6:39pm On Jul 27, 2015
Sell it top the highest bidder. If the Church opens a University tomorrow, they won't reduce the fees cos you reduced the price of your land for them. Instead, they'll say it is a business enterprise.

I advice that you get your solicitor to interface with whoever is buying and let the stories go to him.

It is a business decision.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by terridabull(m): 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2015
Abeg sell it to the banks,give the ten percent to ur church and pack ur bags and travel out.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by jamace(m): 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
Bros, sell it to the highest bidder. Biz is biz.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2015
Don't sell it! Lease it to the church.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by chigoizie7(m): 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
The truth is that God will not want to shortchange u. Sell to the bank. Collect ur money and Zap. I am a christian. But I will not use because I am a christian and advice u for the church.

Religion is the opium of the masses.

If the church were in ur shoes, will they sell t cheaper to u?

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by DBestDoc(f): 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
Obedience is better than sacrifice....

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by Acidosis(m): 9:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
*modified.

Sell to the highest bidder. I'm a bible loving Christian but I don't mix business with religion.

Pastors should stop buying expensive lands in the name of gospel. The more land they buy, the more corrupt we become. They should go to the streets, creeks and spread the gospel.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by KGBEAST(m): 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
teekay213:
The bank of course, don't be naive, don't make business decision based on sentiments angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by TAVOX: 11:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
Coming here for advice is an indication that selling to church is not from your mind. If eventually you are adviced/persuaded to give to Church, it's no longer a cheerful giving. Therefore, it's not acceptable. I'll advise you to sell it to the bank.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by deltateam: 5:05am On Jul 28, 2015
FTC

Op na so you wan make God purnish me if I say contrary abi. I jump and pass.

Give unto Ceasar the things that are Ceasar's and unto God the things that are His.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by deltateam: 5:16am On Jul 28, 2015
teekay213:

Hey guy. I still remember the Malaysian story even if it were distorted. There will be a time you will come back, what will you fall back to?

Lease out my friend and get a reputable law firm not a single lawyer who can die tomorrow to manage it.

I repeat, don't sell.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? by teekay213(m): 7:28am On Jul 28, 2015
deltateam:

Hey guy. I still remember the Malaysian story even if it were distorted. There will be a time you will come back, what will you fall back to?

Lease out my friend and get a reputable law firm not a single lawyer who can die tomorrow to manage it.

I repeat, don't sell.
ok,thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Daily Forex Signals---1500 PIPS PER MONTH / Need Information On Withdrawing Money Directly From Neteller Or Payza To Bank. / Wait! Before You Paint That Building....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.